Gautreau to Head Coach

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
You can’t use basic logic.
i can think we suck and things are bad without thinking I should name the next coach.
Are you slow or just full blown retarded? It's an effing message board where literally everyone has an opinion. If you can't handle simple discussions of this nature maybe you should take a break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anon1664516582

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
It’s time to promote Gautreau to head coach and start all over next year. There is no reason for our baseball team to be this bad.
17 no
Unfortunately, when the time comes to cut bait, he gets fed to the fishes too

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
" but no one has ever accomplished that and you’ve said it multiple times."

You must be really dumb.
I think Miss State missed post season play last year in baseball. Did not even make the SEC Tournament. That should never happen for MIsss State baseball. Nothing dumb about that statement. He needs to be fire today. How do you go from NC to **** show in two years. Yeah, I could understand a little downturn the season after, but to fall completely off the ledge of the mountain is horrible and it is all on coaching. I hope I eat crow. I hope he turns it around. If he does, I will proudly come on here and say I was wrong. I want to win and if it's him great but if he doesn't make the SEC tournament he better be gone.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I think Miss State missed post season play last year in baseball. Did not even make the SEC Tournament. That should never happen for MIsss State baseball. Nothing dumb about that statement. He needs to be fire today. How do you go from NC to **** show in two years. Yeah, I could understand a little downturn the season after, but to fall completely off the ledge of the mountain is horrible and it is all on coaching. I hope I eat crow. I hope he turns it around. If he does, I will proudly come on here and say I was wrong. I want to win and if it's him great but if he doesn't make the SEC tournament he better be gone.
It’s a very unrealistic expectation. No matter how good a program is, you’re going to miss the post season now and then. Talent is spread out in college baseball and draft can gut a team and steal recruits. Now what shouldn’t happen is 2 years like we are having. We will very likely have a losing record again this year. That is something that shouldn’t happen.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s a very unrealistic expectation. No matter how good a program is, you’re going to miss the post season now and then. Talent is spread out in college baseball and draft can gut a team and steal recruits.

Very true. Hard to say we should never do something that we’ve done 6 times since 2000 under 3 different coaches who also made Omaha during their tenures. And another thing….our recruiting, while solid, isn’t what people think it is either. We’re a Tier 2 team in the SEC, in a muddled hierarchy with OM, Arkansas, and South Carolina where the order changes from year to year. And everyone in that grouping is well behind LSU, Vandy, Florida, and soon to be Texas.

We’ve got way too many fans that think we are entitled to things because we built a fancy stadium and have generally had great attendance and atmosphere over the years….and put our program on an unrealistic pedestal due to just those things. But the Jimmy’s and Joe’s that are out there playing and the ones we are recruiting largely don’t care as much as people think they do about crowds and barbecue and other things that fans hold near and dear.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSUDOG24

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Very true. Hard to say we should never do something that we’ve done 6 times since 2000 under 3 different coaches who also made Omaha during their tenures. And another thing….our recruiting, while solid, isn’t what people think it is either. We’re a Tier 2 team in the SEC, in a muddled hierarchy with OM, Arkansas, and South Carolina where the order changes from year to year. And everyone in that grouping is well behind LSU, Vandy, Florida, and soon to be Texas.

We’ve got way too many fans that think we are entitled to things because we built a fancy stadium and have generally had great attendance and atmosphere over the years….and put our program on an unrealistic pedestal due to just those things. But the Jimmy’s and Joe’s that are out there playing and the ones we are recruiting largely don’t care as much as people think they do about crowds and barbecue and other things that fans hold near and dear.
But the reason we have done it 6 times is because Ron Polk just didn’t care to treat our program like a modern day program. he didn’t try like you have to. That cost us 3 years. It wasn’t an MSU problem. It was a coaching problem. 1 of the other 3 is last year.

So what Lem is about to pull off is pretty terrible and embarrassing

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

No way we should suck this bad. I will let the suckness two seasons in a row after a NC speak for itself.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
But the reason we have done it 6 times is because Ron Polk just didn’t care to treat our program like a modern day program. he didn’t try like you have to. That cost us 3 years. It wasn’t an MSU problem. It was a coaching problem. 1 of the other 3 is last year.

So what Lem is about to pull off is pretty terrible and embarrassing

That’s the thing though. You’re gonna have those years over a couple decade’s time. A coach sticks around too long. A rash of injuries. One or two recruiting classes with too many unexpected draft losses or guys who don’t pan out. MSU isn’t immune. 2 of the 6 years directly followed an appearance in Omaha, another was 2 years after an appearance in Omaha. Our recruiting isn’t nearly bulletproof enough to withstand that volitility, and it never has been. We aren’t LSU.

This is not an excuse for the staff at all, they need to get their **** together and this year certainly needs to be a hell of a lot better than last year for there to not be some hard decisions at the end of it. But saying we are always entitled to the postseason isn’t really an accurate statement, regardless of who’s in charge.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This may be a bigger problem than just misjudged talent. I find it odd that we've heard very little really from the players or coaches which makes me wonder if there are some deeper problems. When we start to lose control all the wheels fall off... every time...

What's going on?

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
You just fired every head coach we have ever had.

Pat McMahon 4 regionals, 3 Supers, 1 CWS in his four years.

Cannizaro and Henderson kinda sorta did make the post season every season but still got fired but that doesn't really count kinda sorta

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Pat McMahon 4 regionals, 3 Supers, 1 CWS in his four years.

Cannizaro and Henderson kinda sorta did make the post season every season but still got fired but that doesn't really count kinda sorta
We did miss it the first year after Pat left. And Pat got himself fired at Florida for having consecutive bad years, so he wasnt exactly immune

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Are you slow or just full blown retarded? It's an effing message board where literally everyone has an opinion. If you can't handle simple discussions of this nature maybe you should take a break.
Are you slow or retarded? I have an opinion too.

My opinion is you are dumb.

If you can’t handle that maybe you should take a break.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There have been 46 sec tournaments.

florida has missed 5
Lsu has missed 10
Msu 9
Bama 16
Ole miss 20
Vandy 21

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That’s the thing though. You’re gonna have those years over a couple decade’s time. A coach sticks around too long. A rash of injuries. One or two recruiting classes with too many unexpected draft losses or guys who don’t pan out. MSU isn’t immune. 2 of the 6 years directly followed an appearance in Omaha, another was 2 years after an appearance in Omaha. Our recruiting isn’t nearly bulletproof enough to withstand that volitility, and it never has been. We aren’t LSU.

This is not an excuse for the staff at all, they need to get their **** together and this year certainly needs to be a hell of a lot better than last year for there to not be some hard decisions at the end of it. But saying we are always entitled to the postseason isn’t really an accurate statement, regardless of who’s in charge.
Lsu isn’t bullet proof from it either. People are emotional and have short memories.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Why did we hire LLLLLLLLLLLLLemonis to start with ? What qualifications did he have ? A losing record in the B10 ?