Get ITT if your team is currently has a top 7 2025 recruiting class….

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Right’s “disaster” lmao. That is some revisionist history at its’ finest. Richt was a yard away from winning an NC only a few years prior. As far as the ESD, could all of Alabama’s December signees not have chosen to back out and go elsewhere? The answer is yes, they could have.
The arguments have been hilarious, and when proven wrong, the stance reverses.
“Lololol DeBoer lost Ryan Williams”
Gets Ryan Williams back- yeah well he was always going there!

March threads- “lololol Deboer’s class is ranked in the 40s lmao lol”
He gets several highly ranked recruits and moves into the top 10- “yeah well it is only May!!!!”

The tap dancing is fun to watch.
Again, read the rest of the thread and what that "disaster" was talking about. This is about 2016 transition class, and yeah any recruits watching the 2015 season play out would see a "disaster". He got fired for a reason

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Oh my god lol
Straight up making sh*t up. I didn’t even watch film on Benson, so there is 0% chance I said he was “generational”. If you are going to just make sh*t up, at least make it somewhat believable.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
This is about recruiting and sustaining success in a conference like the SEC. Try to keep up
What does sustaining success mean? Oh that’s right, winning football games lmao. You boys are acting like the recruiting landscape is the same as it was 10-20 years ago…..it isn’t. Money can buy classes. X’s and O’s will be more important going forward.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Lol just say you didn't really watch closely, it looks better for you
I watched 2016 too. Yikes. UGA fans have the arrogance of thinking that just “winning 10 games” isn’t good enough, it has to look pretty. Arrogance of Alabama, trophy case of Ole Miss.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
What does sustaining success mean? Oh that’s right, winning football games lmao. You boys are acting like the recruiting landscape is the same as it was 10-20 years ago…..it isn’t. Money can buy classes. X’s and O’s will be more important going forward.
keep telling yourself that.

Reactions: MattUGA1

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
I watched 2016 too. Yikes. UGA fans have the arrogance of thinking that just “winning 10 games” isn’t good enough, it has to look pretty. Arrogance of Alabama, trophy case of Ole Miss.
yeah 2016 was a disaster as well. Winning 10 games can be great or it can be fraudulent. Context and how it plays out matters.

Richt got fired where the GOAT retired after a playoff birth and SEC title. Even if the word "disaster" triggers you enough to go on this bizarre tangent, surely you can see the situations aren't remotely the same for incoming coaches trying to save a transition class

Reactions: MattUGA1

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
keep telling yourself that.
What is wrong with post you quoted? You think being an “elite recruiter” means the same thing that it did 15 years ago? I will remember that when UGA fans cry about a recruit taking a “bag”.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
What is wrong with post you quoted? You think being an “elite recruiter” means the same thing that it did 15 years ago? I will remember that when UGA fans cry about a recruit taking a “bag”.
It still absolutely matters. Notice the same elite recruiters at the top of the rankings every year after NIL has started, ignoring the fluke Jimbo class which actually proves that philosophy isn't sustainable.

Been down this with you before, but all these programs at the top are operating with generally the same NIL buy in. The major difference is still recruiting. Yeah single recruiting battles can be swayed here and there, but classes are more than single battles. I don't complain about "bags" so you've got the wrong person there

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
yeah 2016 was a disaster as well. Winning 10 games can be great or it can be fraudulent. Context and how it plays out matters.

Richt got fired where the GOAT retired after a playoff birth and SEC title. Even if the word "disaster" triggers you enough to go on this bizarre tangent, surely you can see the situations aren't remotely the same for incoming coaches trying to save a transition class
Ok, bud. UGA is so elite that even 10 win seasons are a disaster. Something UGA had only done 12 times in like 100 years before Richt. Total DISASTER.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
It still absolutely matters. Notice the same elite recruiters at the top of the rankings every year after NIL has started, ignoring the fluke Jimbo class which actually proves that philosophy isn't sustainable.

Been down this with you before, but all these programs at the top are operating with generally the same NIL buy in. The major difference is still recruiting. Yeah single recruiting battles can be swayed here and there, but classes are more than single battles. I don't complain about "bags" so you've got the wrong person there
You know that teams are operating with the same NIL $$? Interesting. Jimbo proved you still need to be an elite X’s and O’s coach, regardless of talent. How many top 3 classes were combined in the Playoff last year? I would say Alabama probably had all of them. Michigan’s last 4 classes: 18, 9, 15, 10.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Ok, bud. UGA is so elite that even 10 win seasons are a disaster. Something UGA had only done 12 times in like 100 years before Richt. Total DISASTER.
Records don't tell the story. Again, Richt got fired. There was a reason. 2015 was one of the most toxic seasons i've lived through, including the Donnan and Goff years.

This was week 5 on: Got blown out by Bama, blew a lead to noted clown Butch Jones, set back offensive football back 30 years vs Mizzou, got blown out by a 4 loss Florida, barely squeaked by a god awful auburn team, needed overtime to beat GA southern, beat 9 loss GA tech by one possession, and then in the bowl game after Richt was fired, stumbled into a one possession win against 6 loss Penn State. The football was atrocious, you don't know pain until your college team's offense is run by Brian Schottenheimer. If it wasn't for Pruit we easily could have ended the year with 9 straight losses

Last edited:

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
You know that teams are operating with the same NIL $$? Interesting. Jimbo proved you still need to be an elite X’s and O’s coach, regardless of talent. How many top 3 classes were combined in the Playoff last year? I would say Alabama probably had all of them. Michigan’s last 4 classes: 18, 9, 15, 10.
It's pretty obvious, unless you think UGA has that much more cash to throw around than Texas and Ohio State

Recruiting dominance is more about sustaining success, we've seen plenty of programs have small windows where an older roster comes together. Look at TCU the year before. Michigan will fall hard back to earth.

Obviously X's and O's matter too. Need both if you want to be able to reload every 2-3 years though, especially playing in a conference like the SEC has like 13 schools challenging for top 25 classes YTY. That's what history has shown

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
The goal post moving and hypocrisy ITT smells delicious
Not from me. I've conceded from day 1 Deboer is a really good coach and been very clear about how he can answer my only real lingering question about his ceiling as a HC at Bama. It's never been about landing single recruits or what a class looks like in May. It's pretty obvious to me though you guys deep down have the same questions about him or you wouldn't be trying so hard to convince yourselves

Reactions: Motley Tide

Motley Tide

Sep 12, 2022
Not from me. I've conceded from day 1 Deboer is a really good coach and been very clear about how he can answer my only real lingering question about his ceiling as a HC at Bama. It's never been about landing single recruits or what a class looks like in May. It's pretty obvious to me though you guys deep down have the same questions about him or you wouldn't be trying so hard to convince yourselves

Only doubt I have is about the D. He will score on everybody

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Only doubt I have is about the D. He will score on everybody
I think he'll score regardless of recruiting. I think defense is where he really needs elite classes if he wants to survive YTY turnover. To me they're sort of hand in hand. BTW even if worst case scenario he's like Richt on the trail living 5-15, he'll still be fully capable of national title runs, it just wont be sustained dominance like you're used to with Saban.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
We have questions about anyone who would have followed Saban. You will too once Kirby decides to walk away. Not shoes I would have wanted to fill lol.

Reactions: Chuck Nasty

Latest posts