UC won't allow Tennessee middle school to use Bearcat mascot. So Xavier is stepping in
The rivalry between the University of Cincinnati and Xavier University is adding another chapter.
www.cincinnati.com
I wonder if SHSU would grant them permission to use “Bearkats”. That would be pretty funny.I totally get a cease and desist for the logos but telling them to change their nickname from Bearcats is a little petty.
I get it in one sense because you have to protect your licenses & copyrights . But offer to license the logos to them for $1 per year. Heck, it's like free goodwill advertising for them. 17 Cincinnati.I totally get a cease and desist for the logos but telling them to change their nickname from Bearcats is a little petty.
Mizzou did the same thing to Hernando High School. They are the Tigers and their colors are black and gold so it was an obvious choice to use Mizzous logos. They did a cease and desist letter and refused to allow them to use their logos no matter if they paid or not.I get it in one sense because you have to protect your licenses & copyrights . But offer to license the logos to them for $1 per year. Heck, it's like free goodwill advertising for them. 17 Cincinnati.
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
Maroon and White
Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
Maroon and White
Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State