Good article on Anthony Evans...

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,446
31,661
113
“The reason I came back instead of going to the league, was to break the single receiving record here at Mississippi State,” Evans said at SEC Media Days in Tampa. “My teammate doing it last year, I feel like that’s what I’m chasing.”

I think he could very well break the single season MSU records for both receptions & yards. As much as I like Thompson, Evans may be better.
 

tired

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2013
3,726
1,497
113
Evans is probably a more pure WR but Brennan's body control is out of this world.

We have some elite speed this year at WR, defenses will have their hands full if all those guys get going.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight
Nov 16, 2005
29,280
24,392
113
“The reason I came back instead of going to the league, was to break the single receiving record here at Mississippi State,” Evans said at SEC Media Days in Tampa. “My teammate doing it last year, I feel like that’s what I’m chasing.”

I think he could very well break the single season MSU records for both receptions & yards. As much as I like Thompson, Evans may be better.

Evans is probably a more pure WR but Brennan's body control is out of this world.

We have some elite speed this year at WR, defenses will have their hands full if all those guys get going.
Evans has a little more meat on him and can take a little more punishment. Thompson might be the fastest receiver we’ve ever seen at State. He did seem seem a little injury prone because of his size.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report