Good luck this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
Well folks, looks like my Tigers and your Diamond Dawgs (?) will be matching up this weekend. It looks like it should be an entertaining and competitive series. Just wanted to wish you all luck this weekend (you'll need it ;-)). Also, I hope you all show some class this weekend. NCAA baseball's going to be on display this weekend as our two great teams match up. Let's make this look good.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Also, I hope you all show some class this weekend._________________________________________________

I hear they are giving a "class" seminar this weekend in the Left Field Lounge area. You should stop by.

Quote:_________________________________________________NCAA baseball's going to be on display this weekend as our two great teams match up. Let's make this look good._________________________________________________

10,000+ sun-soaked, rabid fans will look great on t.v.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Give me a ******* break. While MSU fans can say some things, for a Clemson ************ to spout "show some class" is a freaking joke.

MD, this was not directed to you.

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
the fact that you all are planning things to say to bother and heckle our outfielders is pathetic. it's one thing to heckle... it's another thing to plan for it 3 days in advance. we would have fans in the outfield if it was at our place, but they wouldn't be heckling, at least not to that low of a level.

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
why is it a joke for a Clemson fan to say show some class? We're one of the classiest programs on the entire east coast, and we always treat our rival fans with respect... even our hated brethren in usc.

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006
Since the very inception of your institution, you guys have striven to be like us. Perhaps heckling outfielders is something you guys should consider doing too.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
get over yourself...

Quote:_________________________________________________We're one of the classiest programs on the entire east coast_________________________________________________

Do you guys have a trophy for this? Being "classy" on the east coast isnt too hard.

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
thank you all for your replies... my point EXACTLY.

I came here to wish you all luck and to have some good baseball talk, but apparently, a team that has been awful at baseball for god knows how long thinks that the NCAA powerhouse they're about to matchup with is full of a bunch of pussies. i will enjoy coming back here to witness the belly-aching when your season is over Saturday night.

Aug 30, 2006
I was at the Peach Bowl in 99 when MSU played Clemson. Every last CU fan was an obnoxious *** before the game. Most were obnoxious asses after the game as well despite the fact that MSU won.

By the way, if you have to declare that you are one of the classiest programs, you probably aren't.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007

Lighten up, Francis!

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
1. haha, we have strived to be like MSU since our inception.... HA

2. we have won awards for being classy... they're called sportsmanship awards... the ACC gives them out annually

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________We're one of the classiest programs on the entire east coast_________________________________________________
And you probably have an internet pole to prove it.

JohnBoy.sixpack

Jun 4, 2007
to celebrate your winning those sportsmanship championships? What a ******. Typical ACC sports fan.

BTW, I am not a MSU fan, but I will be this weekend.

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006
How many minutes until you run back to your own board and talk about how mean and classless those rednecks are?

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
no, we have word of mouth from countless fans who have traveled to Clemson to watch a ballgame and had nothing but great things to say about the place. you live in MS... scum of the earth. thank God Clemson is only stopping by on the way to Omaha

DawgNsuds

Jun 4, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________why is it a joke for a Clemson fan to say show some class? We're one of the classiest programs on the entire east coast, and we always treat our rival fans with respect... even our hated brethren in usc. _________________________________________________

Because maybe by asking us to show some class, you are implying that we won't. Maybe you should do your homework before strolling over here with your backhanded remarks. This isn't our first trip off of the farm (yea, yea, I know they're coming here). Here is some recommended reading for you.

Leftfield Lounge

Somebody give him the link to Gene's board so they can bond with the Oregon fans

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
how's your football team doing these days??? last I checked you're one of the worst in the Div. 1 Bowl Subdivision... but keep enjoying that victory from 8 years ago... they're obviously few and far between to still be celebrating that one

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Considering you probably have no clue what this is actually referring to..

The University of Clemson campus was copied from MSU when it was created.

and yes..we will be loud, and rowdy..and have lot of fun with your outfielders.. but at the same time they will all be welcome to come enjoy food after the series...

as long as they are as "classy" as you say they are and can take the heckling like a true player.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
If you were looking and hoping for class, was there a particular reason you chose this message board instead of the multitude of others available?

I mean you are welcome to stay here and get subjected to the abuse. It's pretty entertaining from my standpoint. But, the word 'class' is used in a more endearing fashion at just about every other single MSU message board.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006
Shouldn't you be over on the Clemson Scout site whining about not hosting and calling us hicks?
I've been to Clemson. It's not quite the Shangri-La you make it out to be.

wpnetdawg

May 1, 2006
I wish I had a link to Paul Mainieri's article. While you may have word of mouth about your supposed class, opposing coaches actually write articles about ours.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
forgotten about the drunk (I don't have anything against that) Clemson fan that was pouring beer on us during the Peach Bowl.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Need I direct you to the article from your very own Scout site entitled "ROBBED!" in which the reporter proceeds to whine because you weren't selected to host? Is this the class you speak of?

Excuse Me Flo

Jun 4, 2007
So the guy with the "Classiest School on the East Coast" Trophy calls us the scum of the earth. I'm not sure about the definition of irony but...

RebelRichman

Dec 8, 2006
Paul Mainieri - Notre Dame's Head Baseball Coach
June 1, 2000

What a Tournament!

... I have tried to describe the series of events and the atmosphere of what took place down there last weekend, but I dont think words could adequately describe it. It was one of those things that you just had to be there to understand the magnitude of what transpired.

It was one of the most phenomenal experiences that anyone could ever have in athletics. The whole environment of Mississippi State University baseball was an experience. There were 11,000 people in a beautiful ballpark, and with the fans so close in the outfield, you thought you were at Wrigley Field. The fans are the most knowledge baseball people that you would ever want to meet. I thought when we went down there that they would be very rabid fans and intimidate us. They were not nasty to our players at all. They were great fans. They cheered for their team. They were loud and they tried to motivate their team. It was intimidating because of the loudness and the size of the crowd, but it was a very respectful crowd.

As the weekend wore on and they saw the things that our kids did, they embraced our players. On Sunday when we were taking batting practice a couple of hours before game time, there were already 1,000 people in the stands. I walked by the fence and I had fans yelling to me, "Hey coach what are you doing herewe thought we were playing Tulane today." They could not believe that we rallied to win the game against Tulane the night before.

Then to turn around on hardly any sleep and come back the next day and beat State 7-0, playing our best game of the year in every aspect, the fans respected that. I think by the final game though they felt like Notre Dame has had their moments and now it is time for us to just go ahead and whip them and take the trophy home. They came out like gangbusters in the final game but every time they gave us what appeared to be a knockout blow, we got up off the canvas and fought back By doing that we continued to gain the respect of the people down there.

msubullie4life

Jun 4, 2007
coming to a State board and trying to make friends thinking this is something like a typical Scout/Rivals board and getting his *** waxed...

pjs1087...go to the MSU scout board (Gene's page) to make friends forever

We are SixPack...so we don't care what you think about us...so, buzz off

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Paul Mainieri - Notre Dame's Head Baseball Coach
June 1, 2000

What a Tournament!

... I have tried to describe the series of events and the atmosphere of what took place down there last weekend, but I dont think words could adequately describe it. It was one of those things that you just had to be there to understand the magnitude of what transpired.

It was one of the most phenomenal experiences that anyone could ever have in athletics. The whole environment of Mississippi State University baseball was an experience. There were 11,000 people in a beautiful ballpark, and with the fans so close in the outfield, you thought you were at Wrigley Field. The fans are the most knowledge baseball people that you would ever want to meet. I thought when we went down there that they would be very rabid fans and intimidate us. They were not nasty to our players at all. They were great fans. They cheered for their team. They were loud and they tried to motivate their team. It was intimidating because of the loudness and the size of the crowd, but it was a very respectful crowd.

As the weekend wore on and they saw the things that our kids did, they embraced our players. On Sunday when we were taking batting practice a couple of hours before game time, there were already 1,000 people in the stands. I walked by the fence and I had fans yelling to me, "Hey coach what are you doing herewe thought we were playing Tulane today." They could not believe that we rallied to win the game against Tulane the night before.

Then to turn around on hardly any sleep and come back the next day and beat State 7-0, playing our best game of the year in every aspect, the fans respected that. I think by the final game though they felt like Notre Dame has had their moments and now it is time for us to just go ahead and whip them and take the trophy home. They came out like gangbusters in the final game but every time they gave us what appeared to be a knockout blow, we got up off the canvas and fought back By doing that we continued to gain the respect of the people down there.

BigSpur1972

Jun 4, 2007
31-28, and 1-3 in baseball.

You better hope that Miss. State beats you, because if they don't, we've got a nice beating waiting on you in Omaha.

The "Please show some class" comment was nothing more than a backhanded flame. Don't pretend it wasn't.

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
...MSU football is pretty bad these days. I just thought it was appropriate to remember the single most vicious knockout blow I've ever seen in a football game, courtesy of Mr. Morgan against your beloved kittens in the 99 Peach Bowl. I guess you thought that hit wasn't very classy, either.

pjs1087

Jun 4, 2007
for those of you who think Clemson wasn't robbed from being a host...

show me one category of merit (that is, how you performed in the regular season) where you are more "qualified" than Clemson, and I'll show you at least 5 that show otherwise. You may be hard pressed to find even one.

The only reason you got the host was because of stadium seating capacity and your AD heading the Selection Committee.

Get over yourself.

terrebel

Jun 4, 2007
Read the damn board rules. The more you post, the more difficult i'm finding it to pull for Clemson this weekend. I hope you guys get skull drug.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________how's your football team doing these days??? last I checked you're one of the worst in the Div. 1 Bowl Subdivision_________________________________________________
First of all, what the hell is the Div. 1 Bowl Subdivision? Is this a part of George Bush's Southeastern Football League?

Secondly, football smack? Are you serious? You are running football smack during baseball season and then speak of class? Wow. Would you run football smack on Cal State Fullerton? Did you run football smack on Coastal Carolina last week? This is baseball, *******, not football. Do you resort to football smack on Duke during basketball season? That's just weak. If we could all be as classy as Clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.