Grading USC and Clemson OC hires through Game 1

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
You obviously CAN'T grade them through 1 game, but both OCs still have yet to prove themselves. Loggains gets a bit of a pass given that we didn't take an offensive line to our first game. That said, he was a virtual unknown, so I don't think many people were stunned at our game. Riley, on the other hand, was the OC everyone wanted. Clemson fans were hoping for instant magic, but that didn't happen. He and Klubnik will likely settle in, but their offense did not look very good last night and narrowly avoided being shut out.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
After week 1, it's a no brainer that we got the better guy....AFTER WEEK 1. Remember, Klub was going to flourish under Riley's system. They were going to have more explosive pass plays. They were going to look just like TCU.

If Ratt would have had that kind of pressure last year it would have been 17-45 213 yds 0TDs 3 INTs. Logg has done wonders with Ratt and had him dialed in even with all the pressure he was under. Get Juice back healthy, design more max protect schemes, give Mario/DJ a shot, and the O could take off.

I don't think you have that kind of optimism about the O if you're clemmons. Same story as last year. No threats at WR and inconsistent QB play. They're relying on Shipley's running for explosives. If they don't do something drastic they're looking at 7-5. In addition to tough games against FSU, ND, and UNC...I see @Cuse, @NCST, and @miami that could be problems as well. Crash burn MFers!!

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Only TD was a 20 something yard ''drive" after a turnover.
Turnovers by Clemson was a killer, but I saw nothing really new in their offensive plan.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
After week 1, it's a no brainer that we got the better guy....AFTER WEEK 1. Remember, Klub was going to flourish under Riley's system. They were going to have more explosive pass plays. They were going to look just like TCU.

If Ratt would have had that kind of pressure last year it would have been 17-45 213 yds 0TDs 3 INTs. Logg has done wonders with Ratt and had him dialed in even with all the pressure he was under. Get Juice back healthy, design more max protect schemes, give Mario/DJ a shot, and the O could take off.

I don't think you have that kind of optimism about the O if you're clemmons. Same story as last year. No threats at WR and inconsistent QB play. They're relying on Shipley's running for explosives. If they don't do something drastic they're looking at 7-5. In addition to tough games against FSU, ND, and UNC...I see @Cuse, @NCST, and @miami that could be problems as well. Crash burn MFers!!

Honestly, if I'm Dabo, I'd probably go 60/40 run/pass in my play calling. Shipley seems to be guaranteed yardage and Mafah isn't much worse. I'm the first to admit I'm grateful Dabo didn't utilize Shipley more in our game last year. He picked up a laughable 8.8 ypc against us.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Honestly, if I'm Dabo, I'd probably go 60/40 run/pass in my play calling. Shipley seems to be guaranteed yardage and Mafah isn't much worse. I'm the first to admit I'm grateful Dabo didn't utilize Shipley more in our game last year. He picked up a laughable 8.8 ypc against us.
The way Ship runs you have to be careful. He can't have 25 attempts every game with his style. He'll get himself killed. Moofafoo is developing fumble-itis. It will be interesting to see if his carries start getting limited.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Latest posts