Hang the banner.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We haven't yet clinched a #1 seed in the SECT, but tonight clinched an SEC West title. Congratulations to Stans and the Bulldogs!

drunkernhelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
I really feel like our program is inching up to that next level. If you're a basketball player in the mid south, you've got to consider Mississippi State.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
By "them" I mean the accessories above the scoreboard, proclaiming our accomplishments.

Drapes?

badtothebone2

Sep 19, 2004
I beleive that we will have a share of the west title if we beat LSU, and Arkansas wins their remaining SECW games. Our loss to Arkansas or Ole Miss put us in this situation since both Arkansas and MSU have two SECW losses and we have split with Arkansas. We need Auburn or Ole Miss to beat Arkansas and we must beat LSU to win outright. The announcers for the Al/Ark game last night kept stating that we would share the title, and I believe they are correct in that statement as it stands right now.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The Bulldogs clinch the West if one of the following happen: MSU wins at Florida; MSU wins at Vanderbilt; MSU wins versus LSU; Vanderbilt wins at Arkansas; Mississippi wins versus Arkansas; Auburn wins at Arkansas.

HarveyComstock

Feb 27, 2008
we are 10-3. We beat LSU and are at worst 11-5. Best Ark Kansas can finish is 10-6 in that they are 7-6 now. They were using Ozark math....

Garciacamebackadawg

Feb 23, 2008
the divisional title? Two of our last three against eastern division teams with LSU remaining. Arkansas has to sweep all three, and we just need to win one. I think we will beat Florida, due to match up issues inside, lose to Vandy, and beat LSU. You are saying that the majority of Arkansas's losses have come to east division foes, and state's has come to western division foes, but I thought that the most wins gets the title regardless of who beats you. Am I wrong, apparently?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
TOURNAMENT SEEDS (as of 2/28)

Eastern Division Games Remaining
1. Tennessee (11-2) UK, @UF, SC (3)
2. Kentucky (10-3) @UT, @SC, UF (3)
3. Vanderbilt (9-4) @AR, MS, @UA (3)
4. Florida (8-5) MS, UT, @UK (3)
5. South Carolina (4-9) @AU, UK, @UT (3)
6. Georgia (3-10) @LS, @AU, UM (3)

Western Division Games Remaining
1. Miss. State (10-3) @UF, @VU, LS (3)
2. Arkansas (7-6) VU, @UM, AU (3)
3. Alabama (4-9)#&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp @UM, @LS, VU (3)
4. Auburn (4-9)#&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp SC, UG, @AR (3)
6. LSU (4-9)#&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp UG, UA, @MS (3)
6. Ole Miss (4-9)#&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp UA, AR, @UG (3)

Note: #--UA (3-1); AU (4-2); LS (2-3) and UM (1-4) are the records among the tied teams.

For a two-team tie: 1. head-to-head; 2. division record (10 games); 3. record vs. No. 1 team in division proceeding through the No. 6 team if necessary; 4. non-division record (6 games); 5. record vs. No. 1 team in the opposite division proceeding through the No. 6 team if necessary; 6. coin flip by the Commissioner.

For a three-team tie: 1. Total won-lost record of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three); 2. division record (10 games); 3. record vs. No. 1 team in division proceeding through the No. 6 team if necessary; 4. non-division record (6 games); 5. record vs. No. 1 team in the opposite division proceeding through the No. 6 team if necessary; 6. coin flip by the Commissioner.

Once a three-team tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreakers go in effect.

Thanks, SEC!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes. So fast. I mentioned that we haven't clinched a #1 seed, but the fact is the worst we could finish is 10-6 and the best Arkansas can finish is 10-6. If that happened, we would BOTH be SEC West champions, regardless of seeding in the SEC tournament.

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
It's not too early to capitalize on the fact that we are at the very minimum, co-West champs. My inbox ought to be full
o' **** trumpeting our basketball team and asking for money.