when an Olympic event includes a finish line or other traditional means of winning (i.e. goal, basket, home plate, etc.), the Chinese are not anywhere near our radar? However, when judges are involved, the Chinese seem to excel.
Coastdog28 said:The chinese women swimmers took gold and silver last night or the night before. Case closed.
Right, but I don't think you're taking into account the volume of the two different types of "winning". I really don't know how it looks because I'm really too lazy to really research it... But you just have to admit there is some shady shady stuff goin on with this event to night.Seshomoru said:7 of their medals are from judged events.
28 are from your so called "traditional means of winning" events. 19 of those were gold.</p>
dawgatUSM said:Right, but I don't think you're taking into account the volume of the two different types of "winning". I really don't know how it looks because I'm really too lazy to really research it... But you just have to admit there is some shady shady stuff goin on with this event to night.Seshomoru said:7 of their medals are from judged events.
28 are from your so called "traditional means of winning" events. 19 of those were gold.</p>
SanfordRJones said:So I should have said the point of soccer is to get the ball into the goal the most times instead of scoring the most points. That's just semantics, though, because the point remains that soccer's scoring system is objective whereas gymnastics is completely subjective.
I really don't feel like getting into a message board war about whether gymnastics is a sport. I just wanted to make the quip about the baseball bat because gymnasts creep me out about as much as midgets do.
SanfordRJones said:Gymnastics isn't a sport. It's some kind of physical art performed by extremely creepy little girls. To make this post sports related, I'd like
to hit all of them in the stomach with a baseball bat.
Rivals Football Recruiting
How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four