Here is what I know...

Aug 15, 2006
According to 2 donors in Jackson, sources in the Office of the President and A.D. (including a former MSU Dean), three major athletic donors have pulled all funding from MSU AD over the fact that LT was fired. They thought "Doc" would save LT... Anyone on this board can likely figure out who the "3 Stooges" are: M.H., L.S and H.F.

I don't know how "Doc" resigning would rectify this situation....except for the fact that he wouldn't have to deal w/ the backlash of drastically decreased funding in the AD.

Also, Keenum has been contacted (unofficially, obviously) and he has stated that he would still be interested in the job. One scenario that was mentioned is that since Keenum was the #2 selection of the IHL, he could be immediately named as the successor to "Doc."

Take this w/ a grain of salt; I have been told incorrect information before...but I've also been told spot-on info in the past, as well....

NOTE: I was personally told by one of the "3 Stooges" that he was pulling ALL his funding from the AD if Larry was not kept on as Athletic Director.... If the above is true, it would be evidene that he wasn't bull$hittin....

Aug 15, 2006
According to 2 donors in Jackson, sources in the Office of the President and A.D. (including a former MSU Dean), three major athletic donors have pulled all funding from MSU AD over the fact that LT was fired. They thought "Doc" would save LT... Anyone on this board can likely figure out who the "3 Stooges" are: M.H., L.S and H.F.

I don't know how "Doc" resigning would rectify this situation....except for the fact that he wouldn't have to deal w/ the backlash of drastically decreased funding in the AD.

Also, Keenum has been contacted (unofficially, obviously) and he has stated that he would still be interested in the job. One scenario that was mentioned is that since Keenum was the #2 selection of the IHL, he could be immediately named as the successor to "Doc."

Take this w/ a grain of salt; I have been told incorrect information before...but I've also been told spot-on info in the past, as well....

NOTE: I was personally told by one of the "3 Stooges" that he was pulling ALL his funding from the AD if Larry was not kept on as Athletic Director.... If the above is true, it would be evidene that he wasn't bull$hittin....

patdog

May 28, 2007
I really hope you're full of **** on this PatDye. But it really wouldn't surprise me too much if you're 100% right. If you are, Greg Byrne will be gone real real soon.</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Byrne isnt going anywhere. He will find other ways to raise money and tell those guys to eat a dick. Who's to say other donors wont step up as well now that those ******** are out of the way?</p>

<17> them</p>

patdog

May 28, 2007
If what PatDye posted is true, then Greg Byrne is already toast. He'll never get the chance to raise additional donations to replace the ones those 3 donors have pulled. </p>

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
Sixpack should make a resolution to publicly tell them to kiss our asses. If that is the way they want **** ran F'em.

We would be much, much worse off if we go back on a presidential hire and an AD fire/hire/fire/re-hire mission just to please 3 donors.

If I find out this is true I will pull all $10 dollars I have out of Hancock Bank.

Aug 15, 2006
I heard (2nd-hand) over 6 months ago that there is $$$ that has been held back (from the AD) to spite the "3 Stooges" and LT. Several individuals said they would "UP" their giving as soon as LT and his "boys" no longer held the purse-strings....no pun intended.

As I said earlier, I only know what I am told.....but what I'm told comes from some people everyone would recognize as those that would be generally reliable....

Coach34 wrote:

Who's to say other donors wont step up as well now that those ******** are out of the way?</p>

</p>

</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
People are willing to cut their donations off and hurt MSU just to get what they want. That goes to everyone. You can do whatever you want with your money, but don't sit there and act like you care about MSU if you stop giving money for selfish reasons. These big donors go above and beyond that because they are counted on so much because they give more than the average joe and because theirs is purely a play for power and not simply being fed up with poor performance. Those guys don't do what they do for what they think is right for MSU, they do what they do because they are in danger of losing their power over the athletic department. That's selfishness on a whole different level. To those people I say good riddance. If your support of MSU is primarily based off the fact that you can call the shots in the athletic department, then we don't need you at MSU. If you need power to give to this university then you don't really love it.

I'm now worried about Greg Byrne. I would encourage everyone on this board that loves MSU and wants to see our athletic programs and our new AD succeed and to see people like these 3 power players not get what they want to give to the Bulldog Club. We need Byrne to succeed, but I'm afraid the old guard at MSU will keep him from doing just that out of spite, a power play, or some other selfish reason.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
<Archie Manning minus 1> them. I would not even allow them to buy a ticket for a cricket match if they stop supporting MSU over Larry <17> Templeton.

Jun 4, 2007
i'm sure there are enough donors who have been waiting for him to leave to more than make up for these 3 peckerwoods.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
it is inevitable. It just hurts worse here b/c we don't have as much money to start with compared to the rest of the conference.

hereugo

Feb 23, 2008
This has absolutely nothing to do with Doc resigning. REPEAT..nothing to do with the resignation.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
all i was saying was to tell us what you think rather than just posting the equivalent of "you don't know what you are talking about." shall i nicely REPEAT this as you did in your post above.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I agree with Coach and Stormrider on this.

Yeah, those donors donated a lot of money to MSU, but how much money were we losing because LT sucked? The question is does the money that Byrne can raise make a profit compared to what the 3 stooges were giving. And again Storm is right, and what will happen when all is said and done, they love their skyboxes more than LT, and they will still have to donate to keep those.

The good thing about Byrne is he has the type of personality that I think he can smooth things over.

WinDawg

Nov 25, 2006
Some think this is Greg Byrne's lucky day. Those donors were made at Doc, not him. He now has a chance of building a relationship with them. As long as Doc was here, he had no chance. Plus, now Greg doesn't have to work for the guy -- an experience almost nobody speaks fondly of.</p>

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
what percentage of our budget is attributable to contributions by the "Stooges," or "Cigar Boys"? I know it's the general consensus that Larry has long been a puppet for said group(s), but that could be because those are his cronies or just because he's sackless. But Doc... Dawg One... the four-star General, succumbing to threats of proportionally unexceptional contribution withholding? I'm not buying. He's clearly not easliy inmidated, and has proven that he knows how to sell MSU to common folk. However, if it's true, that he resigned because of a few donors' threats, you would have to believe that what they're threatening to pull makes up a pretty big chunk.

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
I have no idea why he resigned but I do know that the three names mentioned in the cigar boy group did insinuate they'd pull funds if LT was not brought back. I really doubt Leo will do that, he is just being used by the ringleader Mickey, who by the way was LT's best man when he was forced to marry his secretary by Portera. I think if LT is brought back, you can forget MSU in the future. The younger generation already felt neglected by LT and his cronies and they will bail and I an't young and I will bail too, because we will admit we want to lose.

was21

May 29, 2007
then realized how much didn't know...that's when realized the value of the education I got there...that I didn't know a damn thing...still don't.</p>

KennyB

Mar 3, 2008
Pull everything university related from these three donors. I can't believe these donors would put LT's future over the university.