Here's our must-have tequila recommendations

Jul 30, 2021
We've been working on this list for 120+ days. We've gone through 100+ different expressions and came up with these 18. We will continue to add to this list as we have a few bottles on order.

If you drink Casamigos or Clasa Azul stop it immediately. Any of these on the list are infinitely better in quality and generally less expensive.

thomasna

Nov 11, 2021
Got this while in Mexico last year. Ever had it?
prodigio-anejo.jpg

What is a good Tequila for using in a margarita?

thomasna

Nov 11, 2021
I use El Espolon for my Margaritas. Also Cazadores, Siete Leguas are also good. Siete Leguas is good on its own as well.
Thanks. Do you use Blanco, Añejo or Reposado for the Margaritas?

Nemeth5

Nov 12, 2021
Thanks. Do you use Blanco, Añejo or Reposado for the Margaritas?
I normally use Blanco... but I dont know if that is common.... Blanco is my favorite though.... I drink it straight all the time as well... maybe a couple ice cubes. Some recent bottles I have gotten that are really good are Ocho, Wild Common, and Fortaleza (my favorite I have ever had yet).

Chuka1914

Jun 28, 2022
I've recently went on the journey of buying good tequila and not names. I've found so many quality tequilas without paying $150. My fav so far is Cazcanes.

Jul 30, 2021
I've recently went on the journey of buying good tequila and not names. I've found so many quality tequilas without paying $150. My fav so far is Cazcanes.
Agree. Great tequila cost way less than the commercialized and celeb fake stuff.

Cazcanes is hugely popular in the aff community. I have all of their expressions. For my profile, it is a little too early and vegetable tasting. That is the reason I did not add it to the list. Many tequila experts love it. Just not for me.

Reactions: Chuka1914
Jul 30, 2021
I use El Espolon for my Margaritas. Also Cazadores, Siete Leguas are also good. Siete Leguas is good on its own as well.
I am a huge fan of Siete Leguas. It has a defined mineral taste that I like. I have settled in on their rep and would recommend it. Interestingly, they use two different distilleries and blend so in theory every bottle always tastes the same as the previous and the next. When you get into these traditional tequilas, that is never the case.

Reactions: Nemeth5
Jul 30, 2021
This is 100% become my everyday go-to. It is a great sipper and also makes a helluva cocktail.

Tequila Tapatio Reposado
NOM
: 1139
MSRP: $64

Don Felipe Camarena Hernandez began selling Tapatio Tequila in 1940, but this iconic tequila just made it to the United States in the past few years. Today, Master Distiller Carlos Camarena is carrying on his grandfather’s legacy of producing artisanal, handmade tequila. Outsider loves all of Tapatio’s expression, but the Reposado is perhaps the hidden gem of the tequila industry. Tequila lovers that like the additive-based sweet profile of Casamigos and Clasa Azul will love Tapatio’s blend of agave forward with just the right balance of oak, vanilla, caramel, and pepper. At a great price, availability, and high quality, Tapatio is a workhorse Reposado.

Reactions: Nemeth5

Bro_Namath

Jul 30, 2022
We've been working on this list for 120+ days. We've gone through 100+ different expressions and came up with these 18. We will continue to add to this list as we have a few bottles on order.

If you drink Casamigos or Clasa Azul stop it immediately. Any of these on the list are infinitely better in quality and generally less expensive.

Just picked up quite a few off this list. Can’t wait to try!

Here’s what I got:

Volans Blanco
Siete Laguas Blanco
Fortaleza Blanco
Fortaleza Reposado
Fortaleza Añejo (x2)
Tears of Llorona No. 3 Extra Añejo