Hiw did I miss Mike Boynton

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Wouldn't do that if I were Paris. Boynton is an alum that some were interested in hiring for the head job when he made the tournament a couple years ago. Would be an accident waiting to happen if things were to go south a little bit for Paris.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Wouldn't do that if I were Paris. Boynton is an alum that some were interested in hiring for the head job when he made the tournament a couple years ago. Would be an accident waiting to happen if things were to go south a little bit for Paris.
I wouldn’t be too worried about that. Boynton had 1 tournament appearance in 7 years and a losing conference record. He was the flavor of the month for Gamecock fans only because he’s a grad and appeared to be on the rise, but the latter hasn’t panned out.

That said, I don’t know that there’s any reason we should consider him for a position here.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I wouldn’t be too worried about that. Boynton had 1 tournament appearance in 7 years and a losing conference record. He was the flavor of the month for Gamecock fans only because he’s a grad and appeared to be on the rise, but the latter hasn’t panned out.

That said, I don’t know that there’s any reason we should consider him for a position here.
It's not about us hiring him. A young coach needs everyone all in, not an ex-head coach angling for his next head coaching gig. If Paris wants an ex-head coach, he would do better getting an older guy with more experience. This doesn't happen as much on the college scene, but I see assistance coaches sabotaging head coaches all the time in the NBA. I would stay away from it if I were Paris unless he knows Boynton and is comfortable.