Hmmm....

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
No kidding. I’ve been telling you guys this for a year or more now. The playoff will include the SEC and the B1G only at some point and everyone else will be on the outside looking in. There will be two Superconferences and the playoff will be run like the NFL playoffs. Follow the money trail. This has been talked about on XM since the rumors of expansion to the SEC and B1G started years ago.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
No kidding. I’ve been telling you guys this for a year or more now. The playoff will include the SEC and the B1G only at some point and everyone else will be on the outside looking in. There will be two Superconferences and the playoff will be run like the NFL playoffs. Follow the money trail. This has been talked about on XM since the rumors of expansion to the SEC and B1G started years ago.
No kidding.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
No kidding.
i know right mean girls GIF

• Haha
Reactions: LB99

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
When do we start to see “college” football players arriving to games dressed like NFL players? How can kids born on third base and halfway to home with lucrative NIL. o_O deals be expected to wear team-issued sweatsuits (where everyone is dressed the same) or a conservative suit and tie?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
When do we start to see “college” football players arriving to games dressed like NFL players? How can kids born on third base and halfway to home with lucrative NIL. o_O deals be expected to wear team-issued sweatsuits (where everyone is dressed the same) or a conservative suit and tie?

Once they are no longer required to maintain academic eligibility and/or go to classes (that will happen too).

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Burrow either had a NIL deal with a local florist or he was repurposing some of his mother's old, really old, curtains.

Tri-Power65

Sep 3, 2022
I was thinking early-1970's tablecloth. But, no worries, the tough guy glare evens it all out...

Last edited:

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Once they are no longer required to maintain academic eligibility and/or go to classes (that will happen too).
The Players Union will bargain that with the first contract, along with mid-season transfers.

DianefromNJ

Oct 31, 2021
Here’s another proposal starting 2026:

-Use the proven NFL model
-64 college football teams with divisions
-Proposed by sports media (ESPN, Fox Sports particularly). Media in discussions this week. Proposal not driven by the colleges or the NCAA. Proposal driven by maximizing revenue and acknowledgement that current proposals still fall short of college support.
-Sports media would waive current TV contracts to move to this new model
-Looking to ultimately offer Championship game on Saturday, the day before the Super Bowl
-NCAA still exists for other sports. Conferences still exist for other sports.
-Likely a lower tier conference for football schools falling out of the 64 top tier.

I‘m not that familiar with this YouTube source, The Monty Show, but the sports pundit says the show has access to insiders.