Hockey team won tonight

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Was a fun time, a good 500 people I would guess were there.
Wasn't that close, as Loyola scored twice in last 3 minutes or so.

One good fight which caused MSU #9 to be ejected. and created a 3 on 3 for several minutes, which caused a couple of scores and lots of quick action.
#9 for Loyola was a scrappy character and stayed in the penalty box non-stop when he wasn't trying to start a fight.

One of the msu players pulled a hat-trick, didn't catch the number though.
needless to say, was a fun time all around for the first ever msu home ice hockey game.
Btw, Bancorp needs to work on their ice skills...looked like ****, and by the 3rd period the puck was getting stuck in puddles of water the zombanie had just put down instead of gliding on the ice.
Not to mention, the lines were getting scraped up in the first period..which should not be happening.

and yuku sucks on my phone as i couldnt create a new topic from the game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I enjoyed it more than any football game this year. But I thought we were gonna give it away there at the end - got 2 of our guys in the penalty box with just under 2 minutes left. So they pulled the goaly and was playing 6-on-3 & 6-on-4 there at the end.

We actually had a couple of good players - #19 & #93 looked pretty good to me. The score ended up close, but we probably should've beat those guys a lot worse. We were dominating and up 8-4 before we started having so many penalties. Loyola only had 10 players, and one was about 7ft tall and couldn't hardly move out there. So I'm sure they had to be worn out by the end. But regardless, congrats to those guys on the first ever win for MS State hockey. Too bad there aren't anymore home games this year.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah, but I just don't think I can pass up watching the football game. But if bama is blowing us out early, then I'm there.