Hosting

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
What is an honest feeling on hosting a regional? My wife and kids are gonna be out of town next weekend visiting family, so if we are hosting, I’m definitely driving up from Madison/Gluckstadt for at least one game next weekend. Do we feel like we are hosting if we beat TAMU tomorrow?

GulfDawg

May 15, 2021
IMO I think we need to win 2 more to be comfortable. Good chance we get in with a win tomorrow. To be sure let’s win 2 more and get ready to throw down in Starkville.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think you’ll probably know your answer by Friday. NCST sweeping Wake last weekend really hurt our chances.

We need ECU to go down early in their tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntDawg

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
What is an honest feeling on hosting a regional? My wife and kids are gonna be out of town next weekend visiting family, so if we are hosting, I’m definitely driving up from Madison/Gluckstadt for at least one game next weekend. Do we feel like we are hosting if we beat TAMU tomorrow?
There are 14 locks at this point. A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, UNC, Clemson, FSU, Virginia, NC State, Oregon State, Oklahoma, Indiana State, and East Carolina.

We are fighting for 2 remaining spots with UC Santa Barbara, Wake Forest, Duke, and Oklahoma State. We are probably 3rd but a distant 3rd right now behind UC Santa Barbara and Oklahoma State. Barring a run to the SEC tournament finals to really boost our rpi, we need to probably win a couple more at Hoover AND get help with UC Santa Barbara or Oklahoma State having a poor finish. It’s not just about what we do or don’t do. We need help.

Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I think you’ll probably know your answer by Friday. NCST sweeping Wake last weekend really hurt our chances.

We need ECU to go down early in their tournament.

There are 14 locks at this point. A&M, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, UNC, Clemson, FSU, Virginia, NC State, Oregon State, Oklahoma, Indiana State, and East Carolina.

We are fighting for 2 remaining spots with UC Santa Barbara, Wake Forest, Duke, and Oklahoma State. We are probably 3rd but a distant 3rd right now behind UC Santa Barbara and Oklahoma State. Barring a run to the SEC tournament finals to really boost our rpi, we need to probably win a couple more at Hoover AND get help with UC Santa Barbara or Oklahoma State having a poor finish. It’s not just about what we do or don’t do. We need help.
Both of these are correct.

If wake makes it out of their bracket in the ACC tournament. They'll move into the lock category with that RPI. And i'd say on the list above we are 4th in line:

UCSB
Oklahoma State
Duke
Us
Wake

Whoever has the best post-season run b/t Us/Duke/Wake-- are going to be waiting in the wings for one of the two above to fail and/or possible ECU.

We also have to worry about dark horses like LaTech. They are a long shot, but still lurking

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
If our RPI is in the teens after tourney, we've got a chance due to attendance. But we need to win today. Would give us a boost.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack
Oct 7, 2022
This is the kind of **** that burns me up. How many times in the last 20 years have we seen lsu on either the hosting bubble or in the no way in hell category only to end up hosting.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

We are ranked higher than Oklahoma State, Duke and Wake Forrest by the NCAA. I think we are hosting bar getting blown out tonight.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Even with a sub-16 RPI, we have a strong shot at hosting. The selection committee knows that we'll likely set *another* Top 10 attendance record if we host. That will certainly play into their decision.