Hot Board: Next USC head coach (On3+)

GilbertAZTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
It's so early in the College and NFL seasons, I'm not even sure who would be interested right now.

You can only imagine that the list of candidates will look something like....

Luke Fickell
Matt Campbell
James Franklin
Bob Stoops
Chris Peterson
Jack Del Rio
Urban Meyer

I personally don't think going after a coordinator is the right way to go on this hire. This has to be someone who has built a program from the head coaching position who brings discipline, toughness and a winning philosophy.

ectrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Fickell makes a lot of sense. I’m sure if enough money is offered he would take the job.

USCHusbandUCLAWife

Aug 24, 2017
Remember Nick Saban left the Dolphins after a short time. Urban Meyer is unlikely because of Folt, but not impossible if USC is willing to wait until the NFL regular season is over.

Reactions: Merlin4SC

RPBSC

Aug 24, 2017
Just throwing it out there….. Bill O’Brien who’s at the Nick Saban coaching rehab camp as the OC.
He did a good job with Penn State getting them out of there troubles and seems like a no nonsense guy.
It was ugly for him at the Houston Texans but maybe college ball is better suited for him.
I definitely do not want James Franklin or Bob Stoops! My first pick would be Fickle

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Just throwing it out there….. Bill O’Brien who’s at the Nick Saban coaching rehab camp as the OC.
He did a good job with Penn State getting them out of there troubles and seems like a no nonsense guy.
It was ugly for him at the Houston Texans but maybe college ball is better suited for him.
I definitely do not want James Franklin or Bob Stoops! My first pick would be Fickle
No way does Franklin leave Penn State and Bob Stoops is old news.

Reactions: Dallas Schwartz

TrojanFireHorse12

Aug 24, 2017
Why not kick the tires on Dabo? Clemson is on a downswing and he owes them nothing. He might jump for a change in scenery and his alma mater won’t be open any time soon. If he were to lead us to natties, he would cement his legacy as an all-time great.
Doubt, he would want to move all the way out of here. He has all the support at Clemson and established relationships. If he was to leave, it would be to Alabama.

Reactions: LDIABootney

intensifi

Aug 24, 2017
If Donte wins out, he will have a shot.

Think about it people: Replacing him with a white guy would have serious repercussions.

mngtscrwdup

Sep 30, 2017
Eric Bienemy or Brent Venables
Yes, Venables would be great. I would rather have a top defensive coordinator than offensive coordinator, as their background. Defense can be a solid backbone that just reloads every year. There is more consistency with a team that has a top defense. Venables could hire a flavor of the day offensive coach and if he doesnt work out, move on. As long as the defense is solid, it can allow the team to win, even if the offense cant quite make things work. Fickell is proof that defense wins games.

A top defensive coach could promote Donte to DC. Can you imagine Venables and Donte recruiting for the defensive side of the ball? Killer.

FIckell is #1 obviously.

Bienemy would be great too.

zitorocks

Aug 24, 2017
Add to the potential names Jamey Chadwell. Don't forget Mark Stoops as well. How about Pete Golding as well? Pete Carmichael from the Saints.

Reactions: Les Rapozo

Latest posts