How could we not even compete with Auburn?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Sorry, I’m still stuck on this.

Watching the Mississippi State game, and they are hanging with them just fine. The argument was offered is that they are just too deep, but apparently they’re not too deep for Mississippi State. It’s late in the second half and Auburn has 55 points. They had 46 in the first half against us.

You could dismiss our 40 point loss as an anomaly, and one of those days where just everything that could go wrong went wrong. But they beat us in largely the same fashion two times. Alabama State gave them a better game than we did.

I know they’re better than us. That is inarguable. Just looking at the results from their other games and our other games, it does not compute that they could just absolutely humiliate us two times when other, lesser teams have competed.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I guess it all depends on what happens in the next few games. If we get blown out you have your answer if not you wont.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
So I guess Houston , Uk, Tenn, and the other higher seeds who got bi*** slapped in conference tournaments should just all skip the Dance. Have a drink and relax

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
And the Tar Holes it looks like. My point is, basketball is a lot different from football. Anybody can be beat on any given night. The Final 4 usually has a surprise team, like us in 2017. No, we are not built to win a national championship, but I think we are good enough to make a run, but we could also get bounced in the first round. We are playing with house money so enjoy the ride. Now the women is another story. Nothing but a Natty will do but at least make the Final 4

Reactions: CWW

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
And the Tar Holes it looks like. My point is, basketball is a lot different from football. Anybody can be beat on any given night. The Final 4 usually has a surprise team, like us in 2017. No, we are not built to win a national championship, but I think we are good enough to make a run, but we could also get bounced in the first round. We are playing with house money so enjoy the ride. Now the women is another story. Nothing but a Natty will do but at least make the Final 4
Our men's basketball team certainly has exceeded expectations this season. They exceeded expectations in Lamont Paris' first season here as well, dare I say "overachieved". No matter what happens at the "Big Dance", our men's basketball program is in good hands.

Reactions: CWW