I would much rather lose to...

FPVK1

Joined Jan 14, 2016
Jan 22, 2022
I would much rather play and lose to a good or ranked opponent than beat up on an inferior opponent like Charlotte or SC State. Those types of games do not have the same kind of feel that playing against a conference opponent does and to me those types of games feel very lack luster and i personally get very little satisfaction no matter how well we play. I get super hyped and excited when we have something on the line and play the Florida's and Tennessee's of the world. it's meaningful and exciting. The atmosphere, environment and excitement around conference games make me so look forward to game day. It's been a while since we have had a real credible football team to speak of, let alone one that has been ranked. I look forward to the days when we become relevant again. Looking forward to the Kentucky game and so hoping that we have a competitive game. One where we are still in the game at the start of the 4th quarter with an opportunity to actually win it. Can anyone else relate? Thoughts....

Thunderstick

Jan 21, 2022
I feel EXACTLY the same way. I had no greater sense of anticipation (and nervousness) than the run-up to conference games during Spurrier's time here.

TeeCock

Jan 21, 2022
I would much rather play and lose to a good or ranked opponent than beat up on an inferior opponent like Charlotte or SC State. Those types of games do not have the same kind of feel that playing against a conference opponent does and to me those types of games feel very lack luster and i personally get very little satisfaction no matter how well we play. I get super hyped and excited when we have something on the line and play the Florida's and Tennessee's of the world. it's meaningful and exciting. The atmosphere, environment and excitement around conference games make me so look forward to game day. It's been a while since we have had a real credible football team to speak of, let alone one that has been ranked. I look forward to the days when we become relevant again. Looking forward to the Kentucky game and so hoping that we have a competitive game. One where we are still in the game at the start of the 4th quarter with an opportunity to actually win it. Can anyone else relate? Thoughts....
You need some games like this to develop the team sometimes. I know you love bigtime games, but I'm sure you would be calling for coach's head if we were 0-5 now.🏈

Cock-n-Lateral

Oct 1, 2022
Yeah it's hard to get excited about these games and even celebrating a touchdown, especially the easy ones where we get a turnover on a short field. At least I'd like to see us cleanly execute and maintain long drives and scoring. I still don't understand that 2 point conversion. Getting it on tape? How's that any more valuable than NOT having it on tape?

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
You’ll get your wish next week. Watching Ole Miss -UK. Either team would beat the snot out of us. Both are much faster and athletic and the offenses make complete sense.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
You’ll get your wish next week. Watching Ole Miss -UK. Either team would beat the snot out of us. Both are much faster and athletic and the offenses make complete sense.

Kentucky has 230 yards of total offense with 8 minutes left in the game. Neither offense looks anything better than average at best.

• Love
Reactions: Senior Rooster

Fleet50

Joined Oct 17, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
You will get your wish the next 7 games!!!

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
That's because both teams have good defense. Kentucky will probably have 230 yards rushing alone on us

Meh. Their stats look good on defense because they haven't played anybody yet. Ole Piss gave up 27 to Tulsa in a 7 point win. Kentucky gave up 23 in an 8 point win over N Illinois. They may turn out to be decent, but they haven't done anything to deserve being called "good" yet.

• Love
Reactions: Senior Rooster

eds11

Joined Aug 4, 2005
Jan 31, 2022
Meh. Their stats look good on defense because they haven't played anybody yet. Ole Piss gave up 27 to Tulsa in a 7 point win. Kentucky gave up 23 in an 8 point win over N Illinois. They may turn out to be decent, but they haven't done anything to deserve being called "good" yet.
Well I don't think our offense is going to scare them much

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
I think Kentucky beats us by 20+ easy.
We don't have any sense of who we are on offense unless we play someone with inferior talent.

Reactions: Atlanta Cock

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
Arky losing again today. After they waxed us, some said were top 2-3 in the league. We are not good at all.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Good grief everyone plays lesser teams. Wait until SEC goes to 9 games and we play Clemson. I think we should play somebody that we are pretty sure we can beat. Any SEC team is not an automatic W. I say get App. State off the schedule- we never should have booked them in the first place. I would say exception are kickoff classics etc., as in 2025, due to the exposure that will give us.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
Arky losing again today. After they waxed us, some said were top 2-3 in the league. We are not good at all.

They are playing Bama.

Some of you look for any reason to **** on our team. Somebody that beat us losing to Bama means nothing. Stop being such a damn little nancy kerrigan.

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 18, 2022
I think Kentucky beats us by 20+ easy.
We don't have any sense of who we are on offense unless we play someone with inferior talent.

Funny how y'all are so critical of the offense, but completely ignore the fact that we haven't kept a team under 44 points unless they have the same "inferior talent" you claim.

How many games you think we win giving up 44+ points?

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
I don’t like having Sure win games to pad stats and depend on to barely get to a bowl game. That’s the fan mentality we need to get rid of so we aren’t being spanked all season by other sec teams.
I think it’s cool when we play better ones like App State or JSU(the other Gamecocks). Or local boys like SC State every now and then. But instead of like Charlotte this season, id rather have had another SEC team or ACC. Maybe even like Oregon or Oklahoma St.

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
I would much rather play and lose

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I don’t like having Sure win games to pad stats and depend on to barely get to a bowl game. That’s the fan mentality we need to get rid of so we aren’t being spanked all season by other sec teams.
I think it’s cool when we play better ones like App State or JSU(the other Gamecocks). Or local boys like SC State every now and then. But instead of like Charlotte this season, id rather have had another SEC team or ACC. Maybe even like Oregon or Oklahoma St.
Maryland.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Funny how y'all are so critical of the offense, but completely ignore the fact that we haven't kept a team under 44 points unless they have the same "inferior talent" you claim.

How many games you think we win giving up 44+ points?
I never said the D was good but you can see what they are trying to do. When the offense is on the field, it seems sometimes you have no clue what they are trying to do.
I hope we beat Kentucky Saturday but my eyes tell me we don't have the talent or coaching to pull it off in Lexington.

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Name one major program that doesn;t have breather games on their schedule. It happen all across the landscape of college football so better get used to it because South Carolina doesn't operated in a vacuum. We are just like the rest.