If you like ugly basketball, you’ll love this team

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I am hoping that as the season rolls along Davis or Moore or somebody will spend some extra time in the gym working on their 3s. It can't be that difficult and all they need is one or two guys that are somewhat capable of hitting 25%.....is that reasonable ?? 20% maybe ?

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
Great defense again but my Lord, we can’t throw it in the ocean.
For as good as we are on D, it’s shocking we don’t get more easy buckets in transition. Have to find those if we are going to be this unproductive in the half court.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
For as good as we are on D, it’s shocking we don’t get more easy buckets in transition. Have to find those if we are going to be this unproductive in the half court.
Then we rattle off three fast breaks and two solid half court possessions to end the half.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Love the team mindset, energy and unselfishness of this group. Shooting will improve as they settle into their respective roles.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
Love the team mindset, energy and unselfishness of this group. Shooting will improve as they settle into their respective roles.
Agree - I think DJ running the 1 more has him a bit out of sync. Much different mindset. It’s created some hesitancy as he learns to balance scoring and initiating the offense.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I love it. I’m betting the under every game and making good money on this team. Cashed again tonight

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Dick Wolf Calendar GIF by Wolf Entertainment

ETA - We are building from scratch, almost

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
What is Shakeel Moore good at? I’m struggling to find anything.
He hustles like nothing else on the perimeter to close off passing lanes.
He can slash to the rim, which on our team is a rare ability.
He takes charges and is good at establishing position so the success rate is high.

He cant shoot from the outside to save his life this year. Form seems fine compared to last season and he takes good open 3s, but they are just off over and over again.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I think construction has something to do with shooting in our own gym. How often can they go down to the floor and shoot in ‘our’ house? Jerry West would say a shooter can shoot in any gym.

Moore has beautiful form and he is taking open shots (everyone is guarding Tulu). They just aren’t going in.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I feel like this team’s defensive effort is going to keep us in some ballgames against superior teams, but the utter lack of any kind of offense will also keep some pretty bad teams in games with us.

Maybe, but that hasn't happened yet.

The only close games were with solid teams at this point.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Great defense again but my Lord, we can’t throw it in the ocean.
I don't consider working an offense and getting open shots but not being able to shoot ugly. Maybe MSU basketball has just beaten down my expectations, but ugly is combining mediocre shooting with aimless possessions before ultimately putting up a bad shot. We're probably not going to hvae anybody figure out how to shoot this year. Rarely do you have it click with players this old. But I don't mind watching us on offense.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think playing aggressive can make a team less "loose" to shoot. It's an art to not be tense when shooting in a hectic game.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
He takes charges and is good at establishing position so the success rate is high.

He cant shoot from the outside to save his life this year. Form seems fine compared to last season and he takes good open 3s, but they are just off over and over again.
Nailed it.

Anon1669834450

Nov 30, 2022
Jans is gonna build us back to a really good program. I love the effort this team has. We haven’t seen that in a while.
I think so too, but he's going to have to be able to recruit too. That's the one thing that could hold him back. Until he gets some offensive talent, he's going to have to be willing to run more.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I find nothing ugly about STATE being undefeated and on the verge of being ranked. Nice having 3rd Party Opinions of Sports Journalists Negate Negative Waves of Our Own Fans.

Reactions: onewoof

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

Moore's shot is going to come around, the dude has missed more off the back iron than I have ever seen a human do before. Just get a little more air under it and work on your rotation and that will start falling. I would bet he will be 28% by the end of the year, atleast.