IHL, Doc, LT and Scott Ross

Aug 15, 2006
Here is something interesting to think about: What is going to shake out about Scott Ross and his "Deal" with the other IHL members regarding Doc's hiring?

I understand that DOC got the job based (in part) on a back-room promise to Scott Ross that he would take care of the LT situation. Only after the deal was struck did Scott begin his 'dealing' w/ the other IHL members, and I would suspect distributed several IOU's to those on the IHL Board. Now that LT is out of the picture and DOC is gone....where does that leave Scott Ross...specifically as a champion for MSU's causes? Was he expecting payback from DOC for helping him get he Presidency? Has he 'shot his wad' w/ the other IHL members and now impotent in helping find a good replacement for our president?

There's no question that the 'back room deal' with DOC happened....I just wonder what are the long-term ramifications of it, especially in light of the things that have taken place today?

I'd like to see what everyones' thoughts are on this....

Aug 15, 2006
Here is something interesting to think about: What is going to shake out about Scott Ross and his "Deal" with the other IHL members regarding Doc's hiring?

I understand that DOC got the job based (in part) on a back-room promise to Scott Ross that he would take care of the LT situation. Only after the deal was struck did Scott begin his 'dealing' w/ the other IHL members, and I would suspect distributed several IOU's to those on the IHL Board. Now that LT is out of the picture and DOC is gone....where does that leave Scott Ross...specifically as a champion for MSU's causes? Was he expecting payback from DOC for helping him get he Presidency? Has he 'shot his wad' w/ the other IHL members and now impotent in helping find a good replacement for our president?

There's no question that the 'back room deal' with DOC happened....I just wonder what are the long-term ramifications of it, especially in light of the things that have taken place today?

I'd like to see what everyones' thoughts are on this....

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

</p>

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
Besides doing away with LT, MSU needs to run away from Scott Ross. He is only a champion for himself, and represents the old guard. I know he was a champion against LT, but thats only because LT didnt give him the treatment of the Cigar Boys. If he would have been treated like a Cigar Boy, he would have been right in there with them.

MSU"s true champions on the College Board are Ed Blakeslee and Roy Estiss. Those are the men that know and care about our university who serve on the college board. However, when IHL was restructured Tom Meridith was given WAY to much power. That is unfortunate because he is a puppet for Bob Khayat, and is a huge Ole Miss homer. The whole fund reallocation thing is what Doc is pissed about was a Tom and Bob move, with money going to Oxford, in addition to some other things.

If MSU alumni are really pissed and want to see there university move forward they will go after Tom Meridith, and see to it that he is gone because he is the one that is hurting this university, and until he is gone nothing will change and we will play musical chairs with presidents who are successful and want to take MSU to the top.

hereugo

Feb 23, 2008
topdawg said:
If MSU alumni are really pissed and want to see there university move forward they will go after Tom Meridith, and see to it that he is gone because he is the one that is hurting this university, and until he is gone nothing will change and we will play musical chairs with presidents who are successful and want to take MSU to the top.

Truer words have never been spoken
</p>

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Miss Tuck will be appointed interim, and proceed to work her feminine charms upon Mr. Meredith. Who can resist?

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
When he was Associate IHL Commish (his known title was Ole Miss Hinchman) he tried to "reform" all of the universities degree programs, by closing some. He advocated this by closing all of MSU's social science departments and moving them to Ole Miss, but no programs at UM would be cut. Luckily MSU Administrators fought it and when IHL hired an outside consultant to evaluate the programs, the consultant actually recommended for the programs at UM to move to MSU. So the "reform" was scrapped....

Meridith is the problem, and in short, is the main reason Doc is no longer president. This guy is no good, and needs to be kicked to the street by us MSU people.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
For the same reasons that Ross and LT hated each other. Doc didnt suck him off, and Scott got mad. Scott is no friend to MSU, and is in it for himself. He is another damn reason to hate Ronnie Musgrove.

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
I think you folks are full of ****. Ross didn't oust anybody and yes, while I believe he wanted LT out, he also wanted corruption out and that is why he is the fall guy. Truth be known, Ross was right and he didn't pick Foglesong. Ed Blakeslee is a friend of mine and I know that to be the case. I do know this, Mickey and his crew tried to run Doc off months ago and I have no idea if they did it now, but they sure as hell didn't like the measures he had taken to delute some of their power.

C

CTLANDBULLDOG

When I emailed him with my displeasure of him not releasing candidates names, he replied that the hire was not the business of anyone but him. I immediatly fired off an FU type email and now, it has been proven that his secretive way was the wrong way...

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
Meredith hired Doc secretly? Not disputing, just asking. If Meredith is really out to screw MSU, that would make sense how a career military man with absolutely zero experience in academia would be appointed as the President of a major university. </p>

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Foglesong's name did not come up on any of the messageboards or newspapers until he was designated the preferred presidential candidate.

My state representative is on the universities & colleges committee. I might just send my representative an email asking if the interview process will be open this time.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
The Campus Search Committee, headed by one Ruth Presscott, sent IHL 6 names to be finalist for the job. Meridith and his chosen consultant, who also did the hires at USM and Alcorn, slipped Doc's name back in. Meridith and Prescott were about to get Wendler in, and voila, he is outed and swiftboated. The pressure for Keenum intensifies, and Meridith, Prescott, and the Cigar Boys had to pull one out of their ***, and Doc was there sitting pretty.

The whole selection process was a farce. Meridith then paraded around the State claiming that the process worked, and campus had a say. It was total bullcrap.

J

JimHalpert.nafoom

The whole fund reallocation thing is what Doc is pissed about was a Tom and Bob move, with money going to Oxford, in addition to some other things.

I'm not sure specifically what you're talking about, but if you're just talking about general state funding to Ole Miss or State, then it should happen. State and Ole Miss have virtually the same enrollment (MSU's is a little larger), yet State gets around $2,000 more per student from the state. OM shouldn't be penalized because our endowment is twice yours.

Bigohh

Feb 23, 2008
JimHalpert said:
The whole fund reallocation thing is what Doc is pissed about was a Tom and Bob move, with money going to Oxford, in addition to some other things.

I'm not sure specifically what you're talking about, but if you're just talking about general state funding to Ole Miss or State, then it should happen. State and Ole Miss have virtually the same enrollment (MSU's is a little larger), yet State gets around $2,000 more per student from the state. OM shouldn't be penalized because our endowment is twice yours.

I'm glad you brought that up, because it raises a question. Just what is included in UM's enrollment? Is it just Oxford and branch campus numbers, or do they include the medical and law schools? It's my understanding that those two schools are now included, which is a fairly recent change. That explains, in large part, the significant "increase" in UM's numbers.

True of false?</p>

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
its a federal funding issue. In the past, funds came from washington and went straight to state or ole miss. Meredith decided to pool all the funds and then re-allocate.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
Meridith is trying is hardest to get all monies that go to MS universities to flow into IHL before reaching campus, including earmarks and research money. He has tried repeatidly to get the Vet school funding to go through IHL instead of straight to the school, because it has a seperate funding line than the rest of the university, much like UMC. He wants to be the one to hold the purse strings and divy out the money, the money that WE deserve and earned.

was21

May 29, 2007
he suggested to Foglesong that he should apply for the job. Montgomery had been brainwashed by the military for many years. Old fart never married and just liked to hang out with the boys.

J

JimHalpert.nafoom

its a federal funding issue. In the past, funds came from washington and went straight to state or ole miss. Meredith decided to pool all the funds and then re-allocate.

If that's the case then yes, that is ******** of the highest order.

I'm not really sure how we count our enrollment. It may be total on-campus enrollment (i.e. including law school and some of the pharmacy program). Either way they add it up, we have actually had a pretty significant increase in the size of our freshman classes over the last few years, so the growth isn't just some funny math they came up with.

patdog

May 28, 2007
but when you talk about funding you ignore UMC. MSU receives more state funding than UM (not counting UMC) because MSU actually does something called research. A lot of it. MSU also has about 10-15% more students than UM does. But if you're going to insist on including UMC's enrollment, you have to also include UMC's funding. Of course if you do that, UM has a huge funding edge over MSU, even though it has only marginally higher enrollment.

Ivehadbetter

Oct 18, 2007
Scott Ross is a damn snake. This whole ordeal may or may not be true; I don't know. I do know of some specific things that Ross has done that are illegal and just down right ******. The guy is a thief and anyone who says he is looking out for MSU is a damn fool.

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
I was told last night by someone close to the situation that it was all to do with how the funding had been changed and Ole Miss would now get more than MSU. Dr. Foglesong protested and none of the MSU IHL appointees stood up to support him. I do know Scott Ross had become upset with the Doc since he couldn't control the President. I do wonder why Blakeslee and Estes didn't support the MSU President. I am afraid it was a combination of things but I am disappointed in the MSU members for being so weak. Khayat still has power and Meredith is right there with him along with Aubrey Patterson, who Mickey you can rest assured is influencing and everybody knows the cigar boys have tried to get Foglesong ever since he fired their boy, LT. I just hate that Doc gave up because there is no telling whom these clowns will hire now.