Illegal Formation

Sep 13, 2016
21
2
3
When did an illegal formation penalty on a punt begin to be assessed to the end of the return? I thought you could either accept the penalty and re-kick, or refuse the penalty. Maybe I just never knew.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I think you have the option of making them rekick or have it added to the end of the play.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,527
31,783
113
It’s not a pre-snap penalty. The formation isn’t illegal until the ball is snapped.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Recruiting JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting "Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?