In BDJ.com article about Co-Eric Riley...

JxnDawg39211

Aug 5, 2007
I heard many talk about it , but going the JUCO route for defense is much easier and seems to work alot better than going the JUCO route for offense. Coming in as a junior , it is going to take a player a least a year to learn the offense and get comfortable with the schemes, plays, and formations. That only leaves you one year to be productive.

Defensive JUCO players (especially defensive lineman ) can come in right away and start and you dont really lose any time developing the player to buy into your system. I think this is why we need to really recruit high school players to play offense and develop them (which the walrus does not know how to do)..and do what Jackie did and use the JUCO route alot more on the defensive side of the ball

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
He was a heck of a reciever at MGCCC. I tend to believe we coached him down just like we have done with others in this joke of an offense.

wbc40

Feb 25, 2008
I really sometimes think that Croom picks favorites with his personnel. Co-Eric may be our most talented WR, but if a player isn't in Croom's good graces, he probably won't be seeing the field much. (See: Delmon Robinson).

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
wbc40 said:
I really sometimes think that Croom picks favorites with his personnel. Co-Eric may be our most talented WR, but if a player isn't in Croom's good graces, he probably won't be seeing the field much. (See: Delmon Robinson).

That sounds about right.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
I think Riley is the biggest mystery player out there right now. McRae finally lived up to the billing and has been good and Aubrey Bell has been as advertised , a nice possession guy.

Riley was very highly touted and in 2 years we haven't even seen a flash of something special. There were rumors of attitude problems last year and who knows how well he has or hasn't learned the playbook. So it's kind of a mystery whether he was just overhyped, hasn't put in the work, or just hasn't been given the opportunity.

We'll probably never know.

dawgmaster

Nov 4, 2008
I met Riley at an Elementary school function here in S-Vegas last year and he was a really nice, courteous yes Sir, No Sir , type of guy. I feel like the poster above said, that he was "coached-down" by the Walrus !

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I want to think he was an all-state player in all 3 sports - football, baseball, & basketball. Probably should've had a better college career than what we've seen. He was part of the Dandy Dozen in 2004 - which was a good dozen (Pegues, Powe, Jimmy Johns, John Jerry, Anthony Johnson just to name a few).

Wonder if he wishes he'd have signed with Oklahoma State out of JUCO.... ok, on second thought - how much must he be kicking himself now for screwing that up? Just another talented player that didn't live up to his full potential under Croom.

B The Toe

Mar 3, 2008
I have a friend who did some work on his grill and said the same thing, he was always very nice and was yes sir no sir thank you etc... Even now when he sees him around town he always speaks and is very polite.