In Game SPS/NAFOOM Recap - Egg Bowl Dueling Message Boards

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Please note that I immortalized all NAFOOM content poster names with the title: "NAFOOM Poster" and marked them in blue.

Here we go. Should know pretty quick which team showed up. - NAFOOM Poster

I'm not a kicker, but how 17ing hard can it be to not do that? -UpTheMiddlex3Punt

So we Forbes covering the Walk On and a safety on Heath? -Leeshouldveflanked

We’re already dropping back in soft coverage. Not a good defensive strategy against a good QB. -NAFOOM Poster

Defense is dialed in. ( and by dialed in I mean did not show up as usual) -NAFOOM Poster

Huge opening drive! -POTUS

Huge sack -NAFOOM Poster

Ol concrete shoes runs right into the sack -XBLDawg

A helluva time for the punt team to show up. -DesotoCountyDawg

Does Kiffin tell them to stop doing what works and not throw past the line of scrimmage once we get to the red zone or is that just understood? -NAFOOM Poster

Another good red zone D -UpTheMiddlex3Punt

Tolu fumble recovery is the play of the game so far. Will is shook bad. -patdog

*****Insert long SPS intermission while we bash our record setting QB and long for the days of the Polish Rifle*****

Dingo with the drop -NAFOOM Poster

Thanks Mingo.....saved us 4 pts. -AstroDog

This game is over already. I was so pumped to start off -Rupert Jenkins

17 - NAFOOM Poster

Isn't the number 1 point of a receiver to be able to catch a football? FML -NAFOOM Poster

They stack the box. We run straight into it. -NAFOOM Poster

*****Insert brief Nafoom intermission to discuss the most Ole Miss way to pronounce a player name - winner: "Pig-eez"*****

Changes must be made. This is awful -NAFOOM Poster

The nation must be so excited to watch this. -NAFOOM Poster

Now for the offense disappearing act -Trojanbulldog19

1st and 5 and we gain not one damn yard and we looked lost doing it. Unreal missed opportunity. -DerHntr

Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach two titans of offense locked in a defensive struggle to the death. -NAFOOM Poster

We suck, I feel nauseous and there’s a rage bubbling under the surface that I haven’t felt since JoMo…….. -Fang1

I hate our playcalling in the redzone, but our OL is a major part of that. We get our asses whipped on all short yardage situations. -NAFOOM Poster

*****Insert long SPS intermission to discuss our record setting QBs loyalty and the possibility that he's been playing the long game as an Ole Miss plant*****

Holy Shiite -Podgy

Never doubted this team!!!! -curseddawgs

Phila 17n delphia stand up -Rupert Jenkins

State just needs to keep running the ball and they’ll win by 17 -NAFOOM Poster

Kiffen had the bloodshot toking eyes. Holy hell -BulldogBlitz

Whatever it is we need to do, it looks like we're going to do the opposite. -NAFOOM Poster

17 this ****. Y'all meet me at Kiffin's house tomorrow to help pack him up. -NAFOOM Poster

I know I’m late to the party but Leach showing a lot of Howland in him -engie

We'd be in control of this game with a B performance at the QB position -ckDOG

Team is just soft serve. These guys need to see the wizard because they need, brains, courage and heart. 17 you Kiffin -NAFOOM Poster

Wheat is fire -BulldogBlitz

We DESPARATELY need to establish some rushing yards. NOW. -Cantdoitsal

Johnson carried that fool for 10 yards -Crazy Cotton

Marks....respect. -ckDOG

That's a damn lateral -onewoof

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! -OopsICroomedmypants

that's the kind of call that always goes against us. nice to finally have one go our way -ababyatemydingo

That is ********..we could have lost this on our own, didn't need help from officials...Mingo should have dived on the ball -NAFOOM Poster

The Zima’s are flying! -Uncle Ruckus

Damn it will. Damn it damn it damm it -thekimmer

99 yards -PBRME

99 yards -NAFOOM Poster

Using up timeouts to leave no chance a bold strategy -NAFOOM Poster

Houston Nutt is laughing at that clock management. -NAFOOM Poster

Wrap It In Maroon and White
Holy ****. Hail State -Dawgg

DIDN'T DOUBT IT FOR A SECOND! WILL ROGERS FOR HEISMAN! A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME! -UpTheMiddlex3Punt

Should have been 31-22 but the ref was a gonad and didn't give Johnson his deserved TD. Thank God for our Defense -IBleedMaroonDawg

Parting Shots
*****roll out the we didn't try*****

Congrats, Dogs. Kiffin gave up weeks ago -NAFOOM Poster

*****Just for good measure roll out the we beat ourselves*****

Pants officially ****. Totally beat ourselves. Maybe Kiffin can out tweet them.-NAFOOM Poster

*****We don't even care about football anymore*****

Hey Lane we just shifted that $10 million in the NIL to girls golf and rifles. -NAFOOM Poster

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
*****Insert long SPS intermission while we bash our record setting QB and long for the days of the Polish Rifle*****

*****Insert long SPS intermission to discuss our record setting QBs loyalty and the possibility that he's been playing the long game as an Ole Miss plant*****

These are great. I like to think of myself as reasonably cool headed and I don't typically get mad at players unless it's an obvious effort issue, but I will admit I was slamming liquor because I was actually furious at our QB. I did not, however, get to the level of irrationality where I was wondering if the real problem was that he's an ole miss fan. I may have questioned whether he put money on them; don't remember doing so but some of that night is fuzzy.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Please note that I immortalized all NAFOOM content poster names with the title: "NAFOOM Poster" and marked them in blue.

Here we go. Should know pretty quick which team showed up. - NAFOOM Poster

I'm not a kicker, but how 17ing hard can it be to not do that? -UpTheMiddlex3Punt

So we Forbes covering the Walk On and a safety on Heath? -Leeshouldveflanked

We’re already dropping back in soft coverage. Not a good defensive strategy against a good QB. -NAFOOM Poster

Defense is dialed in. ( and by dialed in I mean did not show up as usual) -NAFOOM Poster

Huge opening drive! -POTUS

Huge sack -NAFOOM Poster

Ol concrete shoes runs right into the sack -XBLDawg

A helluva time for the punt team to show up. -DesotoCountyDawg

Does Kiffin tell them to stop doing what works and not throw past the line of scrimmage once we get to the red zone or is that just understood? -NAFOOM Poster

Another good red zone D -UpTheMiddlex3Punt

Tolu fumble recovery is the play of the game so far. Will is shook bad. -patdog

Dingo with the drop -NAFOOM Poster

Thanks Mingo.....saved us 4 pts. -AstroDog

This game is over already. I was so pumped to start off -Rupert Jenkins

17 - NAFOOM Poster

Isn't the number 1 point of a receiver to be able to catch a football? FML -NAFOOM Poster

They stack the box. We run straight into it. -NAFOOM Poster

*****Insert brief Nafoom intermission to discuss the most Ole Miss way to pronounce a player name - winner: "Pig-eez"*****

Changes must be made. This is awful -NAFOOM Poster

The nation must be so excited to watch this. -NAFOOM Poster

Now for the offense disappearing act -Trojanbulldog19

1st and 5 and we gain not one damn yard and we looked lost doing it. Unreal missed opportunity. -DerHntr

Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach two titans of offense locked in a defensive struggle to the death. -NAFOOM Poster

We suck, I feel nauseous and there’s a rage bubbling under the surface that I haven’t felt since JoMo…….. -Fang1

I hate our playcalling in the redzone, but our OL is a major part of that. We get our asses whipped on all short yardage situations. -NAFOOM Poster

Holy Shiite -Podgy

Never doubted this team!!!! -curseddawgs

Phila 17n delphia stand up -Rupert Jenkins

State just needs to keep running the ball and they’ll win by 17 -NAFOOM Poster

Kiffen had the bloodshot toking eyes. Holy hell -BulldogBlitz

Whatever it is we need to do, it looks like we're going to do the opposite. -NAFOOM Poster

17 this ****. Y'all meet me at Kiffin's house tomorrow to help pack him up. -NAFOOM Poster

I know I’m late to the party but Leach showing a lot of Howland in him -engie

We'd be in control of this game with a B performance at the QB position -ckDOG

Team is just soft serve. These guys need to see the wizard because they need, brains, courage and heart. 17 you Kiffin -NAFOOM Poster

Wheat is fire -BulldogBlitz

We DESPARATELY need to establish some rushing yards. NOW. -Cantdoitsal

Johnson carried that fool for 10 yards -Crazy Cotton

Marks....respect. -ckDOG

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! -OopsICroomedmypants

that's the kind of call that always goes against us. nice to finally have one go our way -ababyatemydingo

That is ********..we could have lost this on our own, didn't need help from officials...Mingo should have dived on the ball -NAFOOM Poster

The Zima’s are flying! -Uncle Ruckus

Damn it will. Damn it damn it damm it -thekimmer

99 yards -PBRME

99 yards -NAFOOM Poster

Using up timeouts to leave no chance a bold strategy -NAFOOM Poster

Houston Nutt is laughing at that clock management. -NAFOOM Poster

Wrap It In Maroon and White
Holy ****. Hail State -Dawgg

DIDN'T DOUBT IT FOR A SECOND! WILL ROGERS FOR HEISMAN! A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME! -UpTheMiddlex3Punt

Should have been 31-22 but the ref was a gonad and didn't give Johnson his deserved TD. Thank God for our Defense -IBleedMaroonDawg

Parting Shots
*****roll out the we didn't try*****

Congrats, Dogs. Kiffin gave up weeks ago -NAFOOM Poster

*****Just for good measure roll out the we beat ourselves*****

Pants officially ****. Totally beat ourselves. Maybe Kiffin can out tweet them.-NAFOOM Poster

*****We don't even care about football anymore*****

Hey Lane we just shifted that $10 million in the NIL to girls golf and rifles. -NAFOOM Poster
I would like to give IBleedMaroonDawg props for working "gonad" and "Johnson" into the same sentence. Just noticed...

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I inserted it to capture the reality of what they were saying because they aren't as cla**y as we are and I knew on3 would redact it. They do NOT have license to use it, I applied it under my SPS trademark agreement.

continue tv land GIF by #Impastor

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Surprised none of my posts made the cut. Although most of them were covered with this:

Seriously, I'm still pretty pissed at how awful Will played.
I'm not pissed, I'm just deflated by it. I have been pretty agnostic about his play knowing that I dont' know enough to know how much is his fault and how much is blocking or receivers not doing what they're supposed to do. But he held the ball a long time Thursday, seemingly even longer than normal. And him running straight backwards was bad. Sometimes the pocket was just collapsing and he turned a five or six yard loss into something worse by running backwards (did he think he was going to somehow run backwards far enough and fast enough that he could escape? Did he forget he's not noticeably faster than the DEs?), and other times he actually had space to step up and instead he ran into a sack.

I thought before that he was good enough running the offense and throwing accurately that it would overcome any other shortcomings he had, and I thought his intangibles were a big plus. But Thursday may have convinced me otherwise. I would never have expected him to run on 4th down and not go for a first down. All the times he refuses to take off and take a few easy yards, but on 4th down in a big game, he does it and gives up possession rather than taking a shot down field? I just would not have expected him to do that. Was I overestimating his play before or has he really regressed this much.

Reactions: msstatelp1

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm not pissed, I'm just deflated by it. I have been pretty agnostic about his play knowing that I dont' know enough to know how much is his fault and how much is blocking or receivers not doing what they're supposed to do. But he held the ball a long time Thursday, seemingly even longer than normal. And him running straight backwards was bad. Sometimes the pocket was just collapsing and he turned a five or six yard loss into something worse by running backwards (did he think he was going to somehow run backwards far enough and fast enough that he could escape? Did he forget he's not noticeably faster than the DEs?), and other times he actually had space to step up and instead he ran into a sack.

I thought before that he was good enough running the offense and throwing accurately that it would overcome any other shortcomings he had, and I thought his intangibles were a big plus. But Thursday may have convinced me otherwise. I would never have expected him to run on 4th down and not go for a first down. All the times he refuses to take off and take a few easy yards, but on 4th down in a big game, he does it and gives up possession rather than taking a shot down field? I just would not have expected him to do that. Was I overestimating his play before or has he really regressed this much.
Funny. I was glad he stepped out because there was a man right in front of him and 2 or 3 immediately to his right and closing. 0% for him to get a first if he turns up and huge chance for a negative.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Funny. I was glad he stepped out because there was a man right in front of him and 2 or 3 immediately to his right and closing. 0% for him to get a first if he turns up and huge chance for a negative.
On that play, I was more pissed he tried to run in the first place. He was never running for the 1st down. Throw the damn ball. If they intercept it, so what?

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Well done as usual. I particularly liked your chapter titles.

I don't do game threads during the games but always go back through them the next day just to see the emotional roller coaster. Really fun knowing what's coming and obviously best when we end up winning. We suck! to Hail 17ing State! in the blink of an eye.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Is the bashing of our injured running back leaving it all on the field mixed in with the long segment of bashing Will?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I stand by my statement. Offense usually takes a quarter or two or three off. Will took most of the night off minus two or three drives I think.

I do think it's odd when one player grows up a fan of one school and plays for their rival because they didnt get an offer from their school they grew up a fan. Then they play against that school. Have to say if I grew up a state fan but ended up at ole miss, I would still probably somewhat be s fan of state.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If you talk to your Ole Miss friends, ask them why Kiffin is so bad in the red zone. Since he came to Ole Miss they haven’t finished better than 11th in the SEC in red zone score %. This year they were last in red zone TD % (tied with Vanderbilt University).

Ole Miss had the 5th best red zone offense in 2019.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I
If you talk to your Ole Miss friends, ask them why Kiffin is so bad in the red zone. Since he came to Ole Miss they haven’t finished better than 11th in the SEC in red zone score %. This year they were last in red zone TD % (tied with Vanderbilt University).

Ole Miss had the 5th best red zone offense in 2019.
think part of it is their misdirection. A lot of their plays take a little longer to develop rather than just being straightforward in the redzone. That stuff usually works better midfield. Redzone you want to be straight forward.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Straight sideways and the replay showed it clearly on every play. Damn straight it was a lateral lol I can see the complaint about the awkward "dead ball" recovery by State. But as soon as it happened I said (yelled at home) thats our ball!!!

I wish there was some side-by-side gif tool chat tool that could show this real time with two sides, that would be really funny and awesome.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Surprised none of my posts made the cut. Although most of them were covered with this:

Seriously, I'm still pretty pissed at how awful Will played.
Several games on the road with a crowd Will played worse than usual this season and lost his composure in the backfield... Panic in the Pocket™ at LSU, Kentucky, Bama and Ole Miss. Gotta get better with that next year and adding a few pounds of muscle couldn't hurt either.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I stand by my statement. Offense usually takes a quarter or two or three off. Will took most of the night off minus two or three drives I think.

I do think it's odd when one player grows up a fan of one school and plays for their rival because they didnt get an offer from their school they grew up a fan. Then they play against that school. Have to say if I grew up a state fan but ended up at ole miss, I would still probably somewhat be s fan of state.
True. But I can promise you there's one team on the schedule I'd want to beat more than anyone else. And that's Mississippi State.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
My favorite twitter comment of the night. There were a lot of funny ones from noncombatants.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Straight sideways and the replay showed it clearly on every play. Damn straight it was a lateral lol I can see the complaint about the awkward "dead ball" recovery by State. But as soon as it happened I said (yelled at home) thats our ball!!!

I wish there was some side-by-side gif tool chat tool that could show this real time with two sides, that would be really funny and awesome.
And the line judge immediately indicated it was a backward pass. But the unintentional whistle probably should have made the play dead. I don't think we scored after the recovery anyway.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And the line judge immediately indicated it was a backward pass. But the unintentional whistle probably should have made the play dead. I don't think we scored after the recovery anyway.
Which is exactly what our fans were all bitching about in the Memphis game last year. In both cases, the right call was ultimately made. But I just don't understand how an inadvertent whistle doesn't stop the play. How are players supposed to know which whistles are for real and which one's aren't?