Why do you feel compelled to bash stoops in this moment? He won big here and built a legit program.Stoops would’ve probably punted.![]()
I'm not getting into it but no he didn't. We set ourselves back by keeping him, said it over and over and it's legitimate. He walked into modern revenue streams and had horrendous offenses. He got a super down SEC and had the east when georgia, florida, and UT were trash. Still couldn't do anything with it. He's an average coach who was gifted a lot of things no coach. Before him did. And we've got 1 citrus bowl no january bowls in a time when Vandy even had one. He was average at best and barnhart made him a staple. It was awful.Why do you feel compelled to bash stoops in this moment? He won big here and built a legit program.
Who cares about kiffin and you do yourself a disservice by hating on stoops. It’s not about whether he was here too long or not. Maybe you aren’t old enough to remember the nightmare UK football was until stoops. We didn’t make a move to the top but stoops broke barriers and exorcised demons that will stein doesn’t have to worry about. That’s called building a program. I think WS will work out to be the next step for us. I can believe we are about to encounter our best stretch of UK fb ever and believe mark stoops did a good job.I'm not getting into it but no he didn't. We set ourselves back by keeping him, said it over and over and it's legitimate. He walked into modern revenue streams and had horrendous offenses. He got a super down SEC and had the east when georgia, florida, and UT were trash. Still couldn't do anything with it. He's an average coach who was gifted a lot of things no coach. Before him did. And we've got 1 citrus bowl no january bowls in a time when Vandy even had one. He was average at best and barnhart made him a staple. It was awful.
Why do you think coaches like Kiffin openly mocked him constantly. Because he wasn't a serious coach in the league. Kentucky has resources what people don't realize is Stoops was holding us back from actually competing on the big stage. We now have a coach to prove that. He should have never been given that last contract. Thanks Barnhart.
But it's fine I don't really think about him, poster just made a funny comment that's true btw. Why get upright over a funny comment on a great night like this. Auburn fans everywhere want Stein as their next coach. I can't wait until they are told who he is and why that's not possible. Florida fans are wondering if they should have hired him too. That's a real coach. Nobody wanted stoops all those years for a reason. Is what it is.
Where’s Mitch when you need himWe have to find a way to keep this guy. If its some updated facilities, or even.. dare I say.. NIL money from the basketball program.. you do it. Will Stein has a bright bright future, and I dont want to see it be with someone else because Kentucky got cheap.
![]()
Just seems like when we pay somebody like Mom 6 million...and hes one player for one year...how can you not pay a coach like Stein 10 million or more easily? Obviously I have no clue how it works but simple thinking it's never added up to me.We have to find a way to keep this guy. If its some updated facilities, or even.. dare I say.. NIL money from the basketball program.. you do it. Will Stein has a bright bright future, and I dont want to see it be with someone else because Kentucky got cheap.
![]()
Idk the exact numbers, but he was paid top 10 money nationally. IIRC, that’s what it was. I just remember always thinking Stoops was paid top 10 money, without the top 10 results basically lolJust seems like when we pay somebody like Mom 6 million...and hes one player for one year...how can you not pay a coach like Stein 10 million or more easily? Obviously I have no clue how it works but simple thinking it's never added up to me.
Like when we supposedly offered Hurley that much a year I thought that was pretty normal or maybe even disrespectful for a coach that just won back to back titles.
Not trying to crap on Stoops but wasn't he getting like 9 million a year? And we offered Hurley 10 million a year?
I know I probably got some of the facts and numbers wrong before the rafters police show up. I apologize.
Hate to be that guy, but if Stein stays on course, a top 5 program or a top 5 NFL franchise will poach him within 2-3 years max. Stoops $$$ won’t keep it from happening unfortunately. Let’s just enjoy it while it lastsWe have to find a way to keep this guy. If its some updated facilities, or even.. dare I say.. NIL money from the basketball program.. you do it. Will Stein has a bright bright future, and I dont want to see it be with someone else because Kentucky got cheap.
![]()
If you were old enough to remember when winning 2 to 4 games a year was the UK average, and old enough to remember losing 73-7 to Florida, and old enough to remember losing to Florida for 31 years straight you would appreciate what Stoops did here. I am not saying he was the guy to get us to the top, but he 100% without a doubt was the guy that laid the foundation for Stein and he was 100% the guy that gave me most of the best UK football memories in my lifetime.I'm not getting into it but no he didn't. We set ourselves back by keeping him, said it over and over and it's legitimate. He walked into modern revenue streams and had horrendous offenses. He got a super down SEC and had the east when georgia, florida, and UT were trash. Still couldn't do anything with it. He's an average coach who was gifted a lot of things no coach. Before him did. And we've got 1 citrus bowl no january bowls in a time when Vandy even had one. He was average at best and barnhart made him a staple. It was awful.
Why do you think coaches like Kiffin openly mocked him constantly. Because he wasn't a serious coach in the league. Kentucky has resources what people don't realize is Stoops was holding us back from actually competing on the big stage. We now have a coach to prove that. He should have never been given that last contract. Thanks Barnhart.
But it's fine I don't really think about him, poster just made a funny comment that's true btw. Why get upright over a funny comment on a great night like this. Auburn fans everywhere want Stein as their next coach. I can't wait until they are told who he is and why that's not possible. Florida fans are wondering if they should have hired him too. That's a real coach. Nobody wanted stoops all those years for a reason. Is what it is.
No doubt he would have lost that game three different times. Down 17-0 they would have quit. The fourth down he would have punted, and he wouldn’t have gotten the TD to tie overtime.Stoops would’ve probably punted.![]()
Sumrall is good, either would have been great. Florida laid an egg but he will have them tough again by next year. However, I love Stein and he is perfect for us. I hope we lock him down for a long long time.As I've said we got a gift when sumrall went to florida. Give the guy time, it's Kentucky or NFL that's my only fear.
Now stop with negative Stein stuff it's stupid this is the best hire of my lifetime in football.
Give her the ole 4th and 1 my friend.First time in history that..
My wife wants sex after Kentucky football. See y'all.
We need to pay him whatever it takes to make that kit happen. Bottom line. If we want more for our sports, we must invest in Football. It will provide all the revenue we need. Look at Ohio State.Hate to be that guy, but if Stein stays on course, a top 5 program or a top 5 NFL franchise will poach him within 2-3 years max. Stoops $$$ won’t keep it from happening unfortunately. Let’s just enjoy it while it lasts![]()
I figured he would go for it, but he obviously wanted to play for OT, almost had a chance to win in regulation so it was probably the right call.It did surprise me he went for 2 after kicking fg at 4th an 1 from SC 11 to tie.. was surprised with our backs and oline he didn't go to try a win in reg. Worked out but was weird how that played out least to me
…and just dropped out of the AP top 25…the AP must really be collectively dense.Don’t look now but we’re 2-1 in SEC play with two road victories
But if he stays on course, won’t UK approach top 5 program territory? If so, why leave?Hate to be that guy, but if Stein stays on course, a top 5 program or a top 5 NFL franchise will poach him within 2-3 years max. Stoops $$$ won’t keep it from happening unfortunately. Let’s just enjoy it while it lasts![]()
Think of all the good $EC programs who made a living off beating UK, an $EC school, on their home field, for years, but were considered good. Why is it that when UK does it, at AP positioned #9 ranked Tam of all teams, it’s not good enough?Need to see more before I crown Stein next big thing but hes on a real nice trajectory. We are 2 wins from being bowl eligible which most didn't think possible........... we beat LSU were top 15 ffs .
That said for perspective we best AM and SC at their place but I dont think either team has a sec win yet. Still winning on road is huge . We at least hang tough all gsme vs LSU then I will start thinking unreasonable things. Till then trying to keep some perspective but it looks better thsn I thought so far
KSR
Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
KSR Football
Kentucky drops out of AP Poll Top 25 despite win over South Carolina
KSR Football
Not that it matters, but Kentucky got that snap off in time at the end of regulation
KSR Football
Kentucky football is now ranked in the Coaches Poll Top 25
KSR Football
'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win