Is Loo draft eligible...

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
No. You can definitely sign a kid below slot in the first 10 rounds. It’s why you see seniors go in rounds 6-10. That saves money for the early round guys so you can sign over slot. Skenes actually signed under slot last year.
Dear god. Yes they can get offered under the value, but the value is so high now it’s a huge win for anyone drafted in the top 10 because you can’t get Jake mangum-ed and get 10k for being drafted in the top 5 round anymore

go read the new cab rules implented in 2022.

each pick in rounds 1–10 are assigned a slot value. Teams have to offer you 75 percent of that slot. And those numbers are higher than they’ve ever been.

if you get drafted in the top 10 rounds you are guaranteed money and a lot of it.

the 3rd rounders are 7 figure slot values. Meaning if you get drafted in the 3rd round your are guaranteed to get 750k.

also due to the draft pool and revenue sharing model you don’t see teams doling out 2k offers. Again see my post about the royals

skenes was valued at 9.7 million and got 9.2. So skenes didn’t get low balled because he couldn’t come back.

the new cba was a big win for the younger players entering the majors… again dumbasses like goat don’t understand it… but 2k offers don’t happen anymore

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Dear god.

go read the new cab rules implented in 2022.

each pick in rounds 1–10 are assigned a slot value. Teams have to offer you 75 percent of that slot. And those numbers are higher than they’ve ever been.

if you get drafted in the top 10 rounds you are guaranteed money and a lot of it.

the 3rd rounders are 7 figure slot values. Meaning if you get drafted in the 3rd round your are guaranteed to get 750k.

also due to the draft pool and revenue sharing model you don’t see teams doling out 2k offers. Again see my post about the royals

skenes was valued at 9.7 million and got 9.2. So skenes didn’t get low balled because he couldn’t come back.

the new cba was a big win for the younger players entering the majors… again dumbasses like goat don’t understand it… but 2k offers don’t happen anymore
The Nationals signed 5 guys in the first 10 rounds last year for 20k. So I don’t know how this 75% rule works.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The Nationals signed 5 guys in the first 10 rounds last year for 20k. So I don’t know how this 75% rule works.
And those guys had the option to not sign and become a free agent right on the spot and negotiate a better deal with another team. They weren’t property of that team.

they had all the leverage in the world.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
And those guys had the option to not sign and become a free agent right on the spot and negotiate a better deal with another team. They weren’t property of that team.

they had all the leverage in the world.
Yes. But they didn’t. So obviously plenty of lowball offers happen all the time in the first ten rounds. I mean 20k is laughable.

Reactions: trob115

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yes. But they didn’t. So obviously plenty of lowball offers happen all the time in the first ten rounds. I mean 20k is laughable.
Or they weren’t worth 20k to begin with.

point is and was. No one is getting offered 2k anymore. And if you are drafted a team has to offer you a 75 percent of slot value or you become a free agent if you so choose.

it’s a huge win for drafted players. As again no one is now a good player who gets drafted in the 4th round and loses out on money because they got drafted by the royals instead of the Yankees… and seniors who get drafted in the top 10 rounds have plenty of leverage, if they are a bad deal, they are free to negotiate with other teams to get the money they think they are worth

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Simply put:

Those guys had all the leverage
1) don’t sign unless you get 75 of your slot
2) go negotiate with a team to bet a better deal

those guys didn’t think they could get more. Or negotiated the deal prior to the draft

But they had alllll the leverage. Which again was the point if the cba. For the players to control their value… if these guys allowed other wise it’s there own fault

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Simply put:

those guys didn’t think they could get more. Or negotiated the deal prior to the draft

But they had alllll the leverage. Which again was the point if the cba. For the players to control their value… if these guys allowed other wise it’s there own fault
Just stop.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Simply put:

“those guys didn’t think they could get more. Or negotiated the deal prior to the draft”

exactly. Teams get guys that are fine with a small paycheck and the ability to tell their grands that they were a top 10 rd pick. They agree ahead of time bc the team tells them “we need this money for player X”. And everyone agrees. No one is bucking that system and screwing a team over. Same as it ever was.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Or you can get paid 7 figures and then spend hours every day with no time limits, extra costs or class requirements to get better at hitting breaking balls.
Bottom line is, if you can get a 7-figure bonus, you take it. There's no guarantees that you'll even be drafted next year. You could have an injury, or just fall off badly on production.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
“those guys didn’t think they could get more. Or negotiated the deal prior to the draft”

exactly. Teams get guys that are fine with a small paycheck and the ability to tell their grands that they were a top 10 rd pick. They agree ahead of time bc the team tells them “we need this money for player X”. And everyone agrees. No one is bucking that system and screwing a team over. Same as it ever was.
You’re not even talking about the same thing I am. Obviously.

It was said by an idiot in this board that chance and seniors will have no leverage next year because they’ll be offered 2k.

with the new cba, players in the top 10 have all the leverage. And due to revenue sharing even bad teams and poor teams are spending more than ever. No one is getting offered 2k deals anymore

anyone can take less money if they so choose. But it’s now by choice if the player not the organization dictating things. So again if you are a senior and a good player, you’ll get what your worth if you are actually worth something to begin with.. or like you said your a nice guy that wants to take less money to say you got drafted 8th.

but good seniors are getting paid more than ever.. and they don’t have to worry about being lowballed or losing leverage by playing all 4 years in college

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

And no it’s not the same as it ever was. Sure some deals are made like that, but now they are deals. Now both sides have to agree. Back then it was take it or leave it. Huge difference. Player has the leverage

magnum got what a 10k signing bonus. He has zero rights. Nothing. Take it or leave it.

now, mangum could refuse to sign. Make said team offer him 75 percent of slot value, which would be 500k ir so… and if they didn’t, he was a free agent.. and could go get an offer better.

again magnum could decide nah 10k is good. But now it’s his choice. Which is huge and gives seniors leverage they didn’t once have

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
You’re not even talking about the same thing I am. Obviously.

It was said by an idiot in this board that chance and seniors will have no leverage next year because they’ll be offered 2k.

with the new cba, players in the top 10 have all the leverage. And due to revenue sharing even bad teams and poor teams are spending more than ever. No one is getting offered 2k deals anymore

anyone can take less money if they so choose. But it’s now by choice if the player not the organization dictating things. So again if you are a senior and a good player, you’ll get what your worth if you are actually worth something to begin with.. or like you said your a nice guy that wants to take less money to say you got drafted 8th.

but good seniors are getting paid more than ever.. and they don’t have to worry about being lowballed or losing leverage by playing all 4 years in college
My point the whole time is teams sign players in the first ten rounds for vastly under slot to save slot money for others. And it’s correct. I don’t care if they had leverage or not. Teams aren’t going to draft a guy if they don’t know what he will take. It’s not a guessing game.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
My point the whole time is teams sign players in the first ten rounds for vastly under slot to save slot money for others. And it’s correct. I don’t care if they had leverage or not. Teams aren’t going to draft a guy if they don’t know what he will take. It’s not a guessing game.
Agreed. Teams now know without question.

my whole point is and was the new cba, seniors have leverage they once didn’t if you are good prospect and a senior you will get paid… if you are a 11th round pick as a junior and can develop into a 4th round pick, you will be better off due to the new cab…… and of course for the idiot on these boards no one is getting 2k offers.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Both are going top 8 rounds. They have no shot at improving their draft status coming back. Mershon talk is his looking at going. It's really a no brainer for Chance if projections are accurate.
Name your price. Chance aint Getting drafted anywhere in The top 10 let alone top 8. Will bet anything you’re willing to bet on it.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Out of the top 15 slugging percentages in the sec this year, 2 are first year portal guys.
That’s quite a lofty target. You won’t find Hunter Hines in the SEC’s top 15, but we’d all take his production.

They have their work cut out for them in rebuilding the offense next year. No question. Maybe we can finally land a Braden Montgomery or Sonny DiChiara type. We’re 13 out of 14 this year in Slugging and we’re keeping our head above water.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Agreed. Teams now know without question.

my whole point is and was the new cba, seniors have leverage they once didn’t if you are good prospect and a senior you will get paid… if you are a 11th round pick as a junior and can develop into a 4th round pick, you will be better off due to the new cab…… and of course for the idiot on these boards no one is getting 2k offers.
You don't understand. Leverage is leverage. 80% of seniors aren't good enough to be drafted anywhere that commands real money. That's why they have zero leverage. Very few command the respect needed to be signed elsewhere.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
That’s quite a lofty target. You won’t find Hunter Hines in the SEC’s top 15, but we’d all take his production.

They have their work cut out for them in rebuilding the offense next year. No question. Maybe we can finally land a Braden Montgomery or Sonny DiChiara type. We’re 13 out of 14 this year in Slugging and we’re keeping our head above water.
I’m looking at sec play. Hines is 14. Point being. Finding a high impact bag is tough. Finding more than one is going to be really really tough. I think we also have to acknowledge that the league isn’t very good this year and we will miss 2 of the 4 good teams. Thats helped n

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You don't understand. Leverage is leverage. 80% of seniors aren't good enough to be drafted anywhere that commands real money. That's why they have zero leverage. Very few command the respect needed to be signed elsewhere.
Goat stay out of the conversation. Anything from you that starts with someone doesn’t understand is stupid. You are behind the times

if your good enough as a junior to have leverage your good enough as a senior to have it.

so the entire theory of you lose your leverage is over with. If you’re good. You get paid. So chance either has leverage now or he doesn’t. He’ll have that same leverage next year if he’s good enough. He ain’t missing out on 50k this year to get 2k next year like your da thinks.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Goat stay out of the conversation. Anything from you that starts with someone doesn’t understand is stupid. You are behind the times

if your good enough as a junior to have leverage your good enough as a senior to have it.

so the entire theory of you lose your leverage is over with. If you’re good. You get paid. So chance either has leverage now or he doesn’t. He’ll have that same leverage next year if he’s good enough. He ain’t missing out on 50k this year to get 2k next year like your da thinks.
Wrong.

Elite juniors sign, and sign high - they don't come back as seniors, so your point is moot.

Mid-round juniors simply do not matter. Either they sign, or they are getting less as seniors.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Wrong.

Elite juniors sign, and sign high - they don't come back as seniors, so your point is moot.

Mid-round juniors simply do not matter. Either they sign, or they are getting less as seniors.
Again wrong. Thru discussing with a moron like you…..

Most elite juniors sign. Some don’t. And the ones that don’t. Don’t lose money in the process anymore.

Plenty of mid to late round juniors play themselves into high(er) draft picks and more money their senior seasons.

Done responding to someone that thinks batting average is a key stat in getting drafted or evaluating a hitter

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

I agree if you're an elite player you'll still go high, but elite players are 95% gone early from school.
When players are telling people they're gone if drafted inside the top 10 rounds, then I listen. It's a huge rebuild next year and not many are going to want to waste their time on that when they can chase a dream. I could see us offering guys NIL, and then we'll see. We need them to stay. Mershon is a 2B and could use time there. Chance obviously has MSU connections.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I agree if you're an elite player you'll still go high, but elite players are 95% gone early from school.
When players are telling people they're gone if drafted inside the top 10 rounds, then I listen. It's a huge rebuild next year and not many are going to want to waste their time on that when they can chase a dream. I could see us offering guys NIL, and then we'll see. We need them to stay. Mershon is a 2B and could use time there. Chance obviously has MSU connections.
players telling people they are gone if they are in the top 10 is WAAAAYYY different than being good enough to be drafted inside the top 10.

Chance wont sniff the top 10. His best chance at getting drafted is moving back to the infield and shwoing he's an elite defender there.

However, agreed. Typically, now espeically with slot values, if you are a junior who gets taken inside the top 10. The payday is so high, you'd almost have to take it.... but again Chance wont sniff the top 10

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
to go one step farther:

perfect game put out there top 400 for the upcoming MLB draft. This was a list put out this month, and includes both high school and college players.

Jordan 1st round- 12th overall
Dohm- 123 overall- which is 4th round
CJ- 126 overall- which is 4th round
Hines- 139 overall- which is 5th round
Stephen- 269 overall- 9th round
Holcombe was drafted late

No Mershon, No Chance,

Another publication listed the top 400 college players only prospects:
Mershon made the list at 400 (which is 14th round)... No Chance on the entire list.

Again chance has zero chance at being drafted inside the top 10 and probably at all.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
So we lose that many. That sucks. The team's pretty good. 3-4 better players away from being really good.