Is Vodka welcome here?

henders90

Joined Nov 4, 2015
Jan 17, 2022
Camping Ozzy Osbourne GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

MLU

Jan 17, 2022
this bored certainly makes me feel like an outsider. you alcoholics seem a bit biased towards certain types of liqueurs and I for one do not like such blatant bigotry.
Do we have a thread for hand sanitizer? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: henders90

mulegator

Sep 5, 2022
My go-to vodka these days
100% Rye and not expensive
Made in Poland
The juice store guy recommended this one and he was right on
1664464435377.png

1664464470708.png

• Love

mulegator

Sep 5, 2022
wasn't the first industrial production of vodka in Poland under russian occupation? too lazy to go Wikipedia that but I'll just call you right for the time being.
Polish vodka dates back to the Middle Ages with the world’s first mention of the word “vodka” in 1405 recorded in Akta Grodzkie, the court documents from the Palatinate of Sandomierz in Poland. It was during this time that vodka was used to treat wounds and illnesses. It was also used to help clear acne and became an ingredient in cosmetics.

in Poland, it’s not just “wódka.” In fact, it’s also called gorzalka, which translates to burning water. When you feel that burn in your throat or chest after taking a swig of it, you can be rest assured that it’s intended to feel that way. This spirit also has an official definition that makes it Polish. It has to be made from one of the five grains including rye, wheat, triticale, oats and barley. But it can also be made from potatoes that are grown in Poland. And its production process has to take place in Poland, apart from bottling.

The production of vodka began on a larger scale at the end of the 16th century in Krakow. And in the 17th century, gorzalka became more popular with the first production sites established in Krakow, Poznan, Kalisz, Leczyca and Gadansk.

Na Zdrowie!

1664733177195.png

Last edited:
  • Love

henders90

Joined Nov 4, 2015
Jan 17, 2022
Polish vodka dates back to the Middle Ages with the world’s first mention of the word “vodka” in 1405 recorded in Akta Grodzkie, the court documents from the Palatinate of Sandomierz in Poland. It was during this time that vodka was used to treat wounds and illnesses. It was also used to help clear acne and became an ingredient in cosmetics.

in Poland, it’s not just “wódka.” In fact, it’s also called gorzalka, which translates to burning water. When you feel that burn in your throat or chest after taking a swig of it, you can be rest assured that it’s intended to feel that way. This spirit also has an official definition that makes it Polish. It has to be made from one of the five grains including rye, wheat, triticale, oats and barley. But it can also be made from potatoes that are grown in Poland. And its production process has to take place in Poland, apart from bottling.

The production of vodka began on a larger scale at the end of the 16th century in Krakow. And in the 17th century, gorzalka became more popular with the first production sites established in Krakow, Poznan, Kalisz, Leczyca and Gadansk.

Na Zdrowie!

View attachment 241120

that all sounds very comrade-esque to me.

Keen4Vols

Sep 28, 2022
My husband is the rep for a Canadian vodka called Provincial. Right now it is only in western Canada and Tennessee. Starting a push in California. It is seven times distilled, cereal grain based, and the water comes from a glacier aquaduct from the Canadian Rockies. I must say it is the smoothest vodka I have ever tasted, and I am not a big vodka person. Give it a try if it is in your area.