It's 2 games

preacher_dawg

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2014
2,757
2,197
113
Not great, but it's not the end of the baseball season. Now if we loose game 3...
 

Dawg1976

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
8,374
2,902
113
We're mid tier SEC team at best. Probably a little below that. It is what it is....
 

Dawgcap

Redshirt
Mar 7, 2017
944
0
0
But yet last Saturday we had people wondering if we we gonna be Number 1. It’s a long haul. We aren’t as good as many thought but not as bad as some now say. It’s a grind and right now we are in the part that is showing our weaknesses.
Growth comes from adversity. I’ll be patient. But end of day it’s up to this team to show heart and battle back. If they don’t this conference will hammer them.
 

msudawg200

Junior
Feb 1, 2012
568
326
63
This is a host team. May not be a national seed team, time will tell, but it is a host team. We’ve not played good baseball this weekend, but that happens to almost everyone in baseball.

Arkansas, on the other hand, IS a national seed team. That’s one reason why I’m not concerned. That, and because it’s only March.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I think we’ll be all right, just a bad weekend. We still have a lot of good pieces. Two very winnable (if not sweepable) series the next two weekends so we can make up ground if we play better, which I expect we probably will.
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
There are 15-20 teams this season thar have what would be a national-seed caliber roster in a normal year. We’re one of them, but there’s no telling where we fall on the spectrum as of right now. A lot of ball yet to be played.

There also are probably not many teams that suffered a bigger blow than we did with COVID. Only a 5-round draft, but we still lost 2 huge pieces in Foscue / Westburg.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
This is a host team. May not be a national seed team, time will tell, but it is a host team. We’ve not played good baseball this weekend, but that happens to almost everyone in baseball.

Arkansas, on the other hand, IS a national seed team. That’s one reason why I’m not concerned. That, and because it’s only March.

I think this sums it very nicely. Arkansas is a slam dunk national seed, we are more of a borderline team but should still have a good year.
 

Willowdawg

Redshirt
Dec 25, 2020
199
0
0
We're mid tier SEC team at best. Probably a little below that. It is what it is....

Haven't we made it to Omaha several times with less than 40 wins including the wins that got us there? All you jack asses on this board are making this what it is. There were several people smart enough to realize and remind us that everyone was going to be stacked but chill the 17 out. Yeah, if we lose tomorrow it's gonna sting. It already does, but if we can win tomorrow, our schedule starts getting less difficult. At least we don't play UGA and UF this year. We will be fine. I watched some of the A&M game earlier and I forgot who they were playing but their leadoff guy hit his 7th home run of the year as I was watching. We are really feeling losing our two big sticks to the 5 round baseball draft. I figured Rowdy, Tanner A. and Hatcher would have it a little more figured out by now. Baseball is the one sport where if we just hang around we can make a run at the end of the season, but this team blows right now.
 
Last edited:

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
Then I would be led to believe that nearly everyone on this board “knew” State was not a Top 10 team, even though every single Baseball Weekly Had us in the Top 8 to start the season and has kept us in the Top 5 since the State Farm Classic. So how far should the gap be between 1 Vandy, 2 Arkansas, and 3 Ole Miss.... and our Beloved Bulldogs? 8-2, 11-5, ___ fill in the blank for tomorrow. We are asking our Sunday starter, a True Freshman, to save our weekend so that the gap isn’t a 4 game spread. 3-3 would feel a lot better than 2-4.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
Win tomorrow and sweep next week and these last 2 are a blur.

Tomorrow is must win but good news is Fristoe has been good and Sims will be completely fresh for as long as we need him. As for the lineup, ugh I’m glad I’m not making that card out. But I’d start with putting Dubrule (despite his struggles) back as every day second baseman. Better defender than Leggett. I’d tinker with first base. Either give Clark or Pimentel a start and see what happens. Not sure if Clark’s healthy or not but we’ve had pretty good luck with Clark’s at 1B in the past. Or we could move Allen back and use another outfielder in right. It’s just a hard lineup to make because many of the bench guys (Cumbest, Leggett, McGowen) just aren’t doing enough in their opportunities and no one seems to be able to nail a spot down.
 

preacher_dawg

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2014
2,757
2,197
113
Tomorrow is must win but good news is Fristoe has been good and Sims will be completely fresh for as long as we need him. As for the lineup, ugh I’m glad I’m not making that card out. But I’d start with putting Dubrule (despite his struggles) back as every day second baseman. Better defender than Leggett. I’d tinker with first base. Either give Clark or Pimentel a start and see what happens. Not sure if Clark’s healthy or not but we’ve had pretty good luck with Clark’s at 1B in the past. Or we could move Allen back and use another outfielder in right. It’s just a hard lineup to make because many of the bench guys (Cumbest, Leggett, McGowen) just aren’t doing enough in their opportunities and no one seems to be able to nail a spot down.

The last time we started a guy named Clark at first base, it worked out pretty well.
 

o_dawgnabit

All-American
Oct 13, 2016
4,943
7,874
113
It is only March but you have to hope the past two games are outliers from a pitching standpoint. Maybe Arkansas is just that good from a hitting standpoint. At this point of the season, you are what you are from a hitting standpoint. We've all kept posting and saying "if the hitting ever comes around," but I'm afraid it just is what it is and we are just a poor hitting team.
 

Bulldog from Birth

All-Conference
Jan 23, 2007
2,554
1,161
113
I’ve said from very early on. Vandy is in a league by themselves. Arkansas and Florida are #2 and #3.

I think Ole Miss is 4th and we are 5th best in the SEC. I expect us to host. But a national seed is highly unlikely. I think 2022 has a chance to be a special national seed type of year.
 

Hump4Hoops

Redshirt
May 1, 2010
6,611
13
38
We're a good baseball team getting beat by a great one.

Arkansas and Vandy are the best teams in CBB this year and it's not particularly close. That doesn't mean both will even make it to Omaha, and it doesn't mean we won't look really good later in the year.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,258
14,790
113
The older I get, the funnier it is to watch some fans meltdown or meltup over a single weekend of baseball. There are reasons MLB uses 162 games to determine quality.
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
Not so much a meltdown as it is to see a few teams have 2 pitchers we will never touch and often a few long ball hitters we will never have.

Oh yeah and they don't make little league errors either
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama