J. Carl

chasepollard

Heisman
Nov 25, 2005
93,372
15,727
48
I just had a sit down with a mutual friend that you and I have discussed in the past.

Kenny had great things to say about you, just an FYI!
 

Pacemaker5

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2019
64
36
0
J Carl won his first Dellinger award for National Wrestling Writer of the year my senior year in high school. 1975. I've always been a fan. Dellinger talked Chesbro into putting me on the mat at heavyweight against LSU. I weighed in at 50 or 58, but their heavy was small and Tommy didn't want to put JJ in a bad guy role. That would not be possible now as you can only go up one weight classification after a weigh=in.
 

Old Number Nine

All-Conference
Jan 20, 2005
1,756
1,725
113
J Carl won his first Dellinger award for National Wrestling Writer of the year my senior year in high school. 1975. I've always been a fan. Dellinger talked Chesbro into putting me on the mat at heavyweight against LSU. I weighed in at 50 or 58, but their heavy was small and Tommy didn't want to put JJ in a bad guy role. That would not be possible now as you can only go up one weight classification after a weigh=in.

I've always wondered why you aren't on the list of Oklahoma State's Undefeated Wrestlers right after Uetake, Perry, McCready, Arndt and Van Bebber.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pacemaker5

J. Carl

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
3,754
10
0
Chase, I always knew there was good sense buried deep down inside you.Thanks for the nice words. Hope to see lots of you next Sunday.
 
  • Like
Reactions: chasepollard

Pacemaker5

Redshirt
Nov 7, 2019
64
36
0
Haha, that's pretty funny. I was definitely a lousy college wrestler. There was probably a brief time when I could have been decent, but didn't make it happen so...all I can do is laugh. I had an amazing college experience, that's for sure!
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State hosting a few 2027 recruits, key flip targets, and coveted 2028 and 2029 quarterbacks for UCF game
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Nebraska host elite recruits, blue-chip QBs, flip targets in loaded Week 6 slate
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State will lean heavy on the receiving core against UCF
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Buford, Ga. 2028 ATH Jerious Norwood Jr.
  5. 05 On3 Football Mike Gundy set for one-weekend guest analyst role with HBO/TNT college football coverage