J Rob. RIP

pawrstlersinpa

All-Conference
Jan 26, 2013
1,452
2,153
113
Sorry if already posted. Flo and Minnesota wrestling are reporting that JRob has passed at 79 years of age.


 

mh-larch

Senior
Nov 20, 2019
324
697
93
Great coach, sad to hear this. Much respect for him as a coach. He ran the 28-day intensive camp at Iowa when I attended way back in the late 70's. I came away from that with the feeling that as assistant coach he was responsible for much of Iowa's success around that time and that he ran much of the day to day operations of the program and practices (but I could be wrong on that). Sad his run at Minny ended in such an ugly way.
 

Brian LB-U

Junior
Oct 11, 2021
77
322
53
I hate to hear this. I’ll admit I was very critical of the arrogance he showed in handling the Xanax scandal, and I understand why he was ultimately fired. Still, there’s no denying he was an outstanding coach who made a lasting impact on the sport. Rest easy, JRob.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mh-larch

OldMatCoach

Senior
Jan 27, 2026
159
645
93
Great coach, sad to hear this. Much respect for him as a coach. He ran the 28-day intensive camp at Iowa when I attended way back in the late 70's. I came away from that with the feeling that as assistant coach he was responsible for much of Iowa's success around that time and that he ran much of the day to day of the program and practices (but I could be wrong on that). Sad his run at Minny ended in such an ugly way.
I attended that same camp. I came away with respect for him and a whole new understanding of what "intensive" meant!
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State ‘not going to waver’ after back-to-back losses
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  3. 03 BWI Football What did we learn from USC coach Lincoln Riley during his first Penn State week news conference? See top takeaways here
  4. 04 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said to kick off USC week
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?