Jadarrius Perkins

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
Wasn’t he supposed to commit to a team today? Is he the one that rumored we already have his paperwork, but was going to wait until his Grandpa would be there when he commits?
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,337
724
113
Supposed to announce today and waiting until his grandpa could get there.

The rumored paperwork is for a DE that’s waiting to announce at an all star game on Jan 2nd.
 

NWADog

Junior
Aug 16, 2014
757
228
43
The Perkins kid tweeted his decision is now private and we need to “respect his decision”. No idea what that means but I guess we’ll find out when we find out if he’s in the boat.
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,337
724
113
Might be reading the tea leaves wrong but it sounds like somebody in the family didn’t like the decision but he’s graduated from MGCCC if I remember so he will end up somewhere in about 10-15 days
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Well that sucks. Thats gonna be a position of need next year for sure. I doubt we can find any good recruits at corner now. We have 3 good young ones but still
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
Might be reading the tea leaves wrong but it sounds like somebody in the family didn’t like the decision but he’s graduated from MGCCC if I remember so he will end up somewhere in about 10-15 days

I don’t see how he isn’t ours by recruiting common law. We have already signed Ladarius and Addarius Perkinses in the past decade. This too must come to pass, damn it.
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,337
724
113
I’m sure some form of a story will come out eventually. I don’t know the kid or anybody that does. If he goes to Oregon, why did he decommit unless he wanted attention. Maybe he was opening doors for a few extra deposits....

I don’t have the mind of a 20 year athlete. I’m an old soul who seems to be a few decades too late.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I’m sure some form of a story will come out eventually. I don’t know the kid or anybody that does. If he goes to Oregon, why did he decommit unless he wanted attention. Maybe he was opening doors for a few extra deposits....

I don’t have the mind of a 20 year athlete. I’m an old soul who seems to be a few decades too late.
The lack of home state loyalty is surprising to me here lately. It goes in waves I guess, or it could be based on the recruiter, though I tend to think it's beyond that. Even the MS-born JUCO guys (at MS JUCOs) are leaving like Strong and Perkins. I guess it's good to have a national name like Leach at the helm right now during this disloyalty era. But it's really disheartening that we can't land the hometown JUCOs, which is generally our biggest advantage.
 
Aug 5, 2011
1,222
0
0
The lack of home state loyalty is surprising to me here lately. It goes in waves I guess, or it could be based on the recruiter, though I tend to think it's beyond that. Even the MS-born JUCO guys (at MS JUCOs) are leaving like Strong and Perkins. I guess it's good to have a national name like Leach at the helm right now during this disloyalty era. But it's really disheartening that we can't land the hometown JUCOs, which is generally our biggest advantage.

I don't get worked up over juco guys now that we have the transfer portal. There will be plenty of similar players in the portal, and we can wait and sign all the way up until May....The guys that want all of the Twitter love can either sign or don't....This is one of the few positives of the portal. Also, I don't think many of these guys think it through when they sign with an Oregon or Minnesota etc...The logistics of getting their families to and from games etc.. would be a real pain. Why not sign with a school within driving distance whether it's with us or not....
 
Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,433
8,864
113
The lack of home state loyalty is surprising to me here lately. It goes in waves I guess, or it could be based on the recruiter, though I tend to think it's beyond that. Even the MS-born JUCO guys (at MS JUCOs) are leaving like Strong and Perkins. I guess it's good to have a national name like Leach at the helm right now during this disloyalty era. But it's really disheartening that we can't land the hometown JUCOs, which is generally our biggest advantage.

The way our "fans" destroy current and former players on message boards and FB, I'm not surprised. I'll never understand why so many of our fans who are active on MBs/Social Media post disparaging things about our players. The player himself may not read it, but you can bet it gets back to him via parents, friends, relatives, girlfriends, etc.
 
Last edited:

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
The way our "fans" destroy current and former players on message boards and FB, I'm not surprised. I'll never understand why so many of our fans who are active on MBs/Social Media post disparaging things about our players. The player himself may not read it, but you can bet it gets back to him via parents, friends, relatives, girlfriends, etc.
All fanbases do that, but yeah I agree, no idea why they do it. It doesn't matter though, plenty of trolls out there with fake accounts.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I don't get worked up over juco guys now that we have the transfer portal. There will be plenty of similar players in the portal, and we can wait and sign all the way up until May....The guys that want all of the Twitter love can either sign or don't....This is one of the few positives of the portal. Also, I don't think many of these guys think it through when they sign with an Oregon or Minnesota etc...The logistics of getting their families to and from games etc.. would be a real pain. Why not sign with a school within driving distance whether it's with us or not....
Fair enough, but I've always thought that MSU had two distinct advantages:

1) A talent rich state with many overlooked developmental prospects with high upside, along with driving proximity to Louisiana and Alabama, who also have this asset, while most other programs have to fly into the big cities (Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Miami, Tampa, etc.).
2) A talent rich JUCO system in their backyard, where they can drive to all of them much quicker than the others, which obviously the instate bias advantages that brings.

#2 is the bigger advantage in my eyes. If you look at our best teams historically, they all had a wealth of JUCO influence. Yeah they leave after 2 years, but we are in the advantageous position to backfill them as well. All the while the transfer portal helps everyone equally.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,640
7,901
113
Yeah, the whole Louisiana thing was very frustrating to me. If there’s an 3-4* LA kid, it’s like... well, we can throw a a holly his way and pray that LSU doesn’t eventually offer. If they do, he’s gone.

Meanwhile, if there’s an elite MS kid, MSU and OM are basically the fallback plans in case LSU, Bama, and Auburn pass on them.

Every year this stuff is exhibit A as to why we it’s just not anything remotely close to a level playing field in the SEC
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,433
8,864
113
All fanbases do that, but yeah I agree, no idea why they do it. It doesn't matter though, plenty of trolls out there with fake accounts.

I’ve always wondered if a decent number of our overly critical fans weren’t really UM fans try to do damage from the inside. They are more “all in” than we are.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
Its all about playing in championship games and getting to the NFL. Easier to do thru Bama or LSU than State. Thats just a fact. The more kids we put in the league the better we will recruit and if we ever get competitive with Bama it will be even easier. Until then it's hard to blame the kids
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Its all about playing in championship games and getting to the NFL. Easier to do thru Bama or LSU than State. Thats just a fact. The more kids we put in the league the better we will recruit and if we ever get competitive with Bama it will be even easier. Until then it's hard to blame the kids
We put a ton of kids in the NFL lately, that excuse is no longer valid. Where have you been?
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,107
7,335
113
The chance to play immediately on the espn family of networks during time slots that get eyeballs presumably close to home
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,337
724
113
Not sure how many players the current coaching staff has had get to the league but the only holdover on the current coaching staff is Hughes and he left and came back. This staff can claim no responsibility for any player in the NFL right now from State.
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,107
7,335
113
Immediate playing time is a huge advantage. Thats not guaranteed at the bluebloods. Also Oregon doesnt regularly play in good time slots. And Hattiesburg is only close to a few schools
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,337
724
113
Positives to playing DB in PAC12. Oregon cheerleaders....Plenty of chances to stand out for your coverage abilities in a pass happy league but seems like most leagues are becoming pass happy
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,337
724
113
I’d interpret his tweet to mean “I’m not publicly admitting I’m going out of state because I don’t want to be harassed about it before I get out of state...”
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list