Joe tipton "mark mitchell"

Beatle Bum

Heisman
Sep 1, 2002
43,611
66,328
113
Mitchell is going to either UK or UL. That's a given, otherwise he doesn't file this suit in Louisville asking for a statewide injunction.

I do find it curious he filed with other UL plaintiffs and filed in Louisville. I know MAYBE it was to save some money, and sure Louisville has more liberal judges, but it sure seems his better bet was to file himself in Lexington.
We both know it was likely that he was referred to an attorney already poised to file a case in Kentucky. I think it does not matter the venue but does matter the judge. Edwards is smart and also has a rep for being plaintiff friendly. Being with other plaintiffs is probably better than going it alone.
 
Jul 6, 2025
2,750
7,415
113
There are 10 football schools with a 40M+ payroll this season and no telling how many more in the 30’s. It’s absolutely insane. 20+ in basketball is crazy, but overall those guys make way more per player than football does in the pros as well.

Football is over 100 players plus drives everything financially for 99% of the schools.

Basketball is 15 and loses money at almost every school.

Everything is out of control but especially basketball.
 

rivercatinfl

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2012
2,278
2,309
97
Are even sure Mitchell wants to come to be a Cat? I haven’t seen much from that side of the equation. We want him, does he want us?
 
Jul 24, 2026
532
745
93
Are even sure Mitchell wants to come to be a Cat? I haven’t seen much from that side of the equation. We want him, does he want us?
He is literally suing with a local attorney to play at the university of Kentucky.

I’d say he wants to be here

He also cannot come out and say anything about it because that might break the rules
 

Tprinceuk

Senior
Jun 13, 2024
306
934
88
Are even sure Mitchell wants to come to be a Cat? I haven’t seen much from that side of the equation. We want him, does he want us?
Evidently we haven't contacted him because of tampering possibilities so if the reports are true about us leading then it would if came from his camp in my opinion.
 
Last edited:

rivercatinfl

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2012
2,278
2,309
97
As long as he isn’t considering BYU we may have a chance. Good grief, how in hell do we lose out on top guys vs BYU? I mean, I get Kohler being close to home but man.
I don’t think BYU is a championship caliber team and with either Mitchell or Kohler we are imo.
just cements to me that this is all about the money.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Jul 6, 2025
2,750
7,415
113
Why believe the numbers at all? The whole system is designed to lie upward.

That was just uninformed bs that Jones used to say to sound smart. It hasn't been this way beyond the first year or maybe two.

Anyone who remembers my posts from the previous board remembers years ago when I started telling people these kids are actually downplaying what they make because it's going to eventually turn public opinion.

Basketball is especially insane. In football you have a few key guys making lots of money. In basketball though, even role players are making insane money. I have no idea how anyone financially justifies those prices, but the bubble will eventually burst.
 

UKBB4Ever

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
2,334
4,064
113
That was just uninformed bs that Jones used to say to sound smart. It hasn't been this way beyond the first year or maybe two.

Anyone who remembers my posts from the previous board remembers years ago when I started telling people these kids are actually downplaying what they make because it's going to eventually turn public opinion.

Basketball is especially insane. In football you have a few key guys making lots of money. In basketball though, even role players are making insane money. I have no idea how anyone financially justifies those prices, but the bubble will eventually burst.
Correct. The market will correct itself. No amount of legislative posturing will change anything.

The people writing the checks will determine if they continue and at what level.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting 5-star DL Kellan Hall will return to Kentucky this weekend, prized DB Grayden Reid too
  2. 02 KSR Football SEC Availability Report: DJ Miller good to go against No. 10 LSU
  3. 03 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Mark Pope's Q&A with Lexington Rotary Club
  4. 04 KSR Football Kentucky has been live underdog against top-10 teams
  5. 05 KSR Volleyball Gut Check: No. 4 Kentucky volleyball saddles up after Florida stumble