Josh Belk

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Don't ask why, but I just happened to think of him today and looked to see where he is now. He is playing at Jones CC in MIssissippi.

Was injured for the 2020 season. Played in 10 games this season with 9 solo tackles (24 assisted) and 1 sack.

Sorry to see things haven't worked out for him. Must be a tough pill to swallow after being one the best at your position in the nation as a high schooler.

I don't recall all the fuss with him transferring from Clemson. I know he unnecessarily hired a lawyer even though Clemson seemed quite happy to let him go.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

ChairForceCock

Joined Aug 17, 2001
Jan 28, 2022
When he didn't travel to the away game with the team, stayed back, and decided to go visit his friends and ex-teammates at Clemson in their game that weekend, that is all I needed to see that something wasn't right with the young man. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the young man. I'm just saying that he must have understood how that looked, and if he didn't, then something ain't right with that. I know there are some who might say it is no big deal, but I don't see it that way.

Good luck to him in the game of life.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Don't ask why, but I just happened to think of him today and looked to see where he is now. He is playing at Jones CC in MIssissippi.

Was injured for the 2020 season. Played in 10 games this season with 9 solo tackles (24 assisted) and 1 sack.

Sorry to see things haven't worked out for him. Must be a tough pill to swallow after being one the best at your position in the nation as a high schooler.

I don't recall all the fuss with him transferring from Clemson. I know he unnecessarily hired a lawyer even though Clemson seemed quite happy to let him go.
Man, I forgot he even existed until you brought it up. Good memory. …..seems like 10 years ago.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
I wasn’t aware of anyone transferring from Clemson that recent….. well besides that running-back… Last name Feaster.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I'll be honest I'm amazed he is still playing anywhere. Something was definitely amiss with him and I think it started at home. I hope he finds success somewhere - in life, I mean.

Reactions: Lurker123

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
I wasn’t aware of anyone transferring from Clemson that recent….. well besides that running-back… Last name Feaster.

That's because this isn't one. Belk came BEFORE Feaster - he's gotta be like, 25-26 by now. But his college playing eligibility was still active, so.....

And to the OP: I'm not sorry that things turned out this way for Belk. He isn't some victim. His path from HS FB to Clemson to USC to....whatever else, was totally his own doing. He once said that he was through with FB and didn't enjoy it anymore. He supposedly became a truck driver. So he's traveling whatever path HE paved out for himself. Wish him luck in life, however.......

Reactions: KingWard

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
That's because this isn't one. Belk came BEFORE Feaster - he's gotta be like, 25-26 by now. But his college playing eligibility was still active, so.....

And to the OP: I'm not sorry that things turned out this way for Belk. He isn't some victim. His path from HS FB to Clemson to USC to....whatever else, was totally his own doing. He once said that he was through with FB and didn't enjoy it anymore. He supposedly became a truck driver. So he's traveling whatever path HE paved out for himself. Wish him luck in life, however.......

I honestly forgot or missed a lot that went on with the saga. He was in the 2018 class for Clemson, so I guess he's 23ish now. He posted a YouTube video explaining his decision to leave USC. Says he had a fractured back but was told he had to start working out. Allegedly Muschamp told him he had to start lifting something or he'd lose his scholarship at the end of the season. Now, I know Muschamp is no hero around here, but I seriously, seriously doubt he'd force a kid with a fractured back to lift weights.