Just curious, why does baseball get first rights over womens basketball on radio

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Different people have different strengths in different areas. Watch or don't watch what you want. But don't belittle people who give it their best.

I would hate to be your daughter. A true Gamecock is not misogynist.
It’s not misogynistic when it’s a fact. Men at more athletic so those sports are more entertaining. I have 2 daughters. I don’t have them involved in sports. They do other things like gymnastics and white water kayaking.

• Haha
Reactions: Kitchenlabs

Motown72

Dec 16, 2023
It’s not misogynistic when it’s a fact. Men at more athletic so those sports are more entertaining. I have 2 daughters. I don’t have them involved in sports. They do other things like gymnastics and white water kayaking.
So you are saying gymnastics is not a sport? Please explain so you can extract the foot from your mouth for saying something so outlandish

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I think that because men generally speaking are more "athletic," you find men's athletics contests more entertaining to you. And that's fine; nothing wrong with that. Just don't generalize that for everybody.

Years ago, I had a co-worker who was so into running, that he would watch YouTube running videos on his lunch break. Such does not interest me, but again, to each their own.

Gymnastics and white water rafting are sports. Their choice or yours?

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
So I actually just looked this up.
the most watched women’s game ever was 9.9 million. Last year, Iowa/LSU final.

NBA finals 18 million last year
This years FIRST round of men’s college games average of 8.53 million.
That’s for the round of 64. Wait till you see the numbers for the finals.

Unless Clark is in the finals this year the women’s final won’t have 5 million viewers.

Nobody watches women’s basketball. That’s why the NBA has to subsidize the wnba….. because it suck’s
Not trying to argue with you because I am not the biggest Women's Basketball supporter myself, but the first South Carolina/LSU got a nice sized number and did a bigger rating than the NBA game on TNT that night. Women's Basketball still has a ways to go, but the college game could get a pretty good TV contract the next time. Just because good players stay in college and you get to know the players. I love basketball, but nobody knows those kids on the men's side. They are either one and dones or marginal players that remain in college because they can't get a look from the NBA. I know I found myself watching more of the Women's tournament than usual. For the simple fact that you know who is playing.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
So you are saying gymnastics is not a sport? Please explain so you can extract the foot from your mouth for saying something so outlandish
Gymnastics is an activity that requires skill and athletic ability but it really isn't a sport. Neither is figure skating, free style skiing, horse shows or dance contests for that matter. All are activities that require skill and physical ability but none are a sport. Anything where competition between individuals that is determined by the subjective decision of "judges" is not a sport.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Gymnastics is an activity that requires skill and athletic ability but it really isn't a sport. Neither is figure skating, free style skiing, horse shows or dance contests for that matter. All are activities that require skill and physical ability but none are a sport. Anything where competition between individuals that is determined by the subjective decision of "judges" is not a sport.
In your opinion, of course.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
lol no gymnastics is not a sport. It’s a competition they are not the same. Just like competitive cheering.

• Haha

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
I think that because men generally speaking are more "athletic," you find men's athletics contests more entertaining to you. And that's fine; nothing wrong with that. Just don't generalize that for everybody.

Years ago, I had a co-worker who was so into running, that he would watch YouTube running videos on his lunch break. Such does not interest me, but again, to each their own.

I’m not alone. You name any given sport then report the female vs male viewership numbers and get back to me. I doubt you find a female sport that out performs male sports.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022

Mutual. They wanted to play softball which is popular in our small town because our local team is really really good. Their mother and I both said no. But now have bo interest in sports but are developing just fine in other avenues as young woman. I think that point is mute though.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
Ummm.. gymnastics is a sport. Ask Georgia. Let me guess...you coddle them like little princesses and tell them they will always need Daddy in the big bad world.🙄

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
Referees and umpires make subjective decisions every game

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Ummm.. gymnastics is a sport. Ask Georgia. Let me guess...you coddle them like little princesses and tell them they will always need Daddy in the big bad world.🙄
Negative but it’s a moot point because they don’t compete they do it for fun. Same with kayaking. They are activities.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
No actually quite the opposite. My wife would tell you I’m very hard on them. I do that because they need to be independent. No one in this world is going to look out for them. They might as well learn that lesson now.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
You can say what you want but they have never once competed in gymnastics. They did non competitive classes till they were about 12. That’s when we moved in to other things.
Why are you afraid for them to be competitive, yet you say you want them to be independent. If you truly do you will treat them exactly like you would treat a boy.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Why are you afraid for them to be competitive, yet you say you want them to be independent. If you truly do you will treat them exactly like you would treat a boy.
Who said I was afraid. I just don’t think it’s necessary. I also as well as them now prefer not to waste time with silly games. Which involve over involved parents who all think their little Jonny or Susie is the best. We prefer not to occupy our weekends at sporting events and I will tell you they are better off because of it. But you argue that as well.

I’m still waiting on someone to give me a sport where females out perform men in viewership.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
Who said I was afraid. I just don’t think it’s necessary. I also as well as them now prefer not to waste time with silly games. Which involve over involved parents who all think their little Jonny or Susie is the best. We prefer not to occupy our weekends at sporting events and I will tell you they are better off because of it. But you argue that as well.

I’m still waiting on someone to give me a sport where females out perform men in viewership.
So why don't you treat them exactly as you would treat a boy? You didn't answer my question.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Referees and umpires make subjective decisions every game
Not to be the sole determinant of the winner of the competition. Huge difference between enforcing rules of a game to ensure fair play and deciding which athlete or team wins. A referee doesn't decide that a field goal barely made it through the uprights so it is only worth 1 point vs. one that goes in the middle being worth 3 points.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
Not to be the sole determinant of the winner of the competition. Huge difference between enforcing rules of a game to ensure fair play and deciding which athlete or team wins. A referee doesn't decide that a field goal barely made it through the uprights so it is only worth 1 point vs. one that goes in the middle being worth 3 points.
Umpires and refs have determined the outcome of games countless times.... please.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Umpires and refs have determined the outcome of games countless times.... please.
Not every game. That is the factor that makes gymnastics, figure skating, kayaking, etc. not qualify as sports. Participants in these competitions have to be skilled and athletic but the activities are not sports.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
It’s not the same as what he is saying and you know it. Indirectly yes but they don’t directly change the outcome or are not suppose to. If they make a mistake and it changes the out come that’s human error. Judges in gymnastics directly decides who win. It’s not a sport period. I guess chess is a sport as well. Rmde.

• Haha

VZVZ

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jun 20, 2023
So I actually just looked this up.
the most watched women’s game ever was 9.9 million. Last year, Iowa/LSU final.

NBA finals 18 million last year
This years FIRST round of men’s college games average of 8.53 million.
That’s for the round of 64. Wait till you see the numbers for the finals.

Unless Clark is in the finals this year the women’s final won’t have 5 million viewers.

Nobody watches women’s basketball. That’s why the NBA has to subsidize the wnba….. because it suck’s
Yet here you are posting about it.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
Not every game. That is the factor that makes gymnastics, figure skating, kayaking, etc. not qualify as sports. Participants in these competitions have to be skilled and athletic but the activities are not sports.
Enough games to matter.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
It’s not the same as what he is saying and you know it. Indirectly yes but they don’t directly change the outcome or are not suppose to. If they make a mistake and it changes the out come that’s human error. Judges in gymnastics directly decides who win. It’s not a sport period. I guess chess is a sport as well. Rmde.
I guess that eliminates the Olympics then. Why wouldn't chess be a sport? Technically any competition that involves mind and/or body and is for recreational purposes is a sport.

Last edited:

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
I guess that eliminates the Olympics then. Why wouldn't chess be a sport? Technically any competition that involves mind and/or body and is for recreational purposes is a sport.
If you want to have that opinion that’s on you. Not everyone agrees with that. Nothing athletic about chess lol. I guess a spelling bee will be next.

Kitchenlabs

Joined May 20, 2000
Jan 17, 2022
If you want to have that opinion that’s on you. Not everyone agrees with that. Nothing athletic about chess lol. I guess a spelling bee will be next.
Well ESPN certainly broadcasts the national spelling bee and has for decades. Notice I said mind and/or body. You don't have to be a (dumb) jock.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Well ESPN certainly broadcasts the national spelling bee and has for decades. Notice I said mind and/or body. You don't have to be a (dumb) jock.
Yeah and they broadcast a lot of non sports stuff also so that doesn’t really make it a sport because it’s not.