Juwan Howard - Michigan

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Should be suspended the balance of the year- minimum.

Classless. He put his players in a very tough situation. They were following his lead.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

The Reel Ess

Joined Feb 3, 2005
Jan 31, 2022

Classless. He put his players in a very tough situation. They were following his lead.
They actually responded well, considering their coach was a complete a-hole. He didn't even hit the other HC. Punk move to do it where he knew he wouldn't get it back and both would be restrained. Then in the presser he doesn't express any regret. Has he even issued any statement on the matter?

The TO he took exception to was caused by him telling his starters to press Wisconsin's backups and/or seniors while already down 14 pts. He set the entire thing in motion. What's the other coach supposed to do? I think his issues go a bit deeper than being angry about a TO.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
Most of the talking heads this morning concur that he should be done for the year!

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022

Suspended by B1G for the rest of the regular season. I believe that is 5 more games. He will be reinstated in time for B!G tournament.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Suspended by B1G for the rest of the regular season. I believe that is 5 more games. He will be reinstated in time for B!G tournament.
I think it should have been the balance of the year, including the big10 tournament and any other post season tournament.

His lack of remorse didn't go unnoticed.

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
Howard probably deserved to be suspended for the rest of the year. Personally believe Gard deserved a game for his role too. The full court press and subsequent timeout were both coaching jabs. Howard didn't want to talk to Gard at the end of the game and Gard forced the issue by grabbing his arm and getting in his path, Gard's explanation of his timeout being a "clock issue" and stating that Howard touched him first were both inaccurate. Howard is the villan but Gard has some culpability as well.

Reactions: funktavious

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
I think it should have been the balance of the year, including the big10 tournament and any other post season tournament.

His lack of remorse didn't go unnoticed.
I would agree. Since it is the B1G implementing the suspension, IMHO the rest of season and B1G tournament should have been the punishment.

Reactions: Viennacock

Thomas_Shelby

Feb 5, 2022
Howard probably deserved to be suspended for the rest of the year. Personally believe Gard deserved a game for his role too. The full court press and subsequent timeout were both coaching jabs. Howard didn't want to talk to Gard at the end of the game and Gard forced the issue by grabbing his arm and getting in his path, Gard's explanation of his timeout being a "clock issue" and stating that Howard touched him first were both inaccurate. Howard is the villan but Gard has some culpability as well.
That is a load of crap.

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
It was obvious that Howard was very upset. Gard should have left him alone. Definitely shouldn't have grabbed him as he tried to pass by. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish. If he was trying to explain himself about the timeout, he could have waited until emotions were eased and done it in a phone call. If he was trying to goad him further then that's a whole other matter. Does anyone know what the Wisconsin assistant was yelling before the slap occurred?

I guess all I had to do was look it up. Gard was trying to explain himself and he received a $10k fine for his part in the altercation.

Reactions: TheRoo