Latest D1 Projection (May 4th)

randystewart

Junior
Jan 14, 2009
1,198
340
83
I'd be fine if that trash baseball team that Tulane has was never invited back to Starkville. That was the worst I've ever seen from a visiting team.
 

Choctaw Dawg

Junior
May 21, 2017
594
304
63
Nobody projected us to host Fullerton in 2016 or Central Michigan in 2019, so expect a wild card three seed to appear in Starkville that is never in any projections come to our regional. I would almost bet that we do host the SWAC champ though. I about guess that we would host either a Tulane or a Southern Miss, but not both.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Nobody projected us to host Fullerton in 2016 or Central Michigan in 2019, so expect a wild card three seed to appear in Starkville that is never in any projections come to our regional. I would almost bet that we do host the SWAC champ though. I about guess that we would host either a Tulane or a Southern Miss, but not both.

Talking about Fullerton in 2016, I thought about the Fullerton super fan biker/hippie looking dude that was there. Dude was a trip.
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,009
1,977
113
I don’t wanna go to Starkville. Put me down for the Oxford regional. Ole Miss would be favored, but we’ve got a real chance to come out of that regional. Tulane doesn’t scare me. La Tech is good, but they don’t scare me either. USM went 3-5 vs La Tech this year and all the games were really competitive, many of them 1-run contests.

Ole Miss fans should get behind this too. USM ending their season may be the final straw for Bianco.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
What was so bad about them? Did they peg our best hitter all day like Auburn? That was some trash ****.
 
Aug 22, 2012
440
0
0
CUSA, in all its brilliance, decided to to play 4 game conference series instead of play the normal 10 conference teams for 3 game weekend sets. So they play 5 division and to cross-division. Instead of a 3rd cross division or the normal schedule, they decided to have one partner school in your division be a home and home.

CUSA has the worst front office in D1, so I suspect this somehow made sense to them for COVID vs anything normal. That’s how USM got stuck with 8 games against La tech and Charlotte- ODU played 8 games 8 times in 10 days.
 

Ranchdawg

All-Conference
Dec 13, 2012
4,719
3,993
113
I think you will take them in their regional. They won't schedule you during the regular season for obvious reasons.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,389
31,567
113
That's a ridiculous schedule. So, it's safe enough for USM to play the 5 teams in their division + 2 teams in the other division, but not safe enough to play a 3rd team in the other division? Makes no sense at all. And yeah, CUSA is a Mickey Mouse league. I almost think USM would be making a step up if they joined the Sunbelt.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
What was so bad about them? Did they peg our best hitter all day like Auburn? That was some trash ****.

Constant **** talking from the dugout, mocking our players and fans, and over the top plate stomping. Other than that, a swell bunch.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window