Leach and the Staff doing work!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Ready for Arnett’s “Run it BACK” graphic
Agreed, although it does seem like 3 defensive players announcing their return in the last couple days is a good sign.

For a team like us, the value in getting 5th and 6th year starters to return can’t be understated. It’s honestly one of the few equalizers that we have at our disposal to compete with the 5* armies

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Agreed, although it does seem like 3 defensive players announcing their return in the last couple days is a good sign.

For a team like us, the value in getting 5th and 6th year starters to return can’t be understated. It’s honestly one of the few equalizers that we have at our disposal to compete with the 5* armies

Not just for the current season either. Think about that talent that's behind them and how much experience they are gaining.

Our rotation will be a massive help down the stretch.

Those up and coming people will be ready!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Point made. But it’s “overstated.”
jim halpert GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We better do it in 2023. Because we gone struggle when we lose all these 6th year players in 2024 (and Arnett most likely).

Maybe we go 10-2 next year, Leach retires, Arnett takes over, and then we usher in the Chris Parson Era with Spurrier Jr. or some other hotshot OC.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We better do it in 2023. Because we gone struggle when we lose all these 6th year players in 2024 (and Arnett most likely).

Maybe we go 10-2 next year, Leach retires, Arnett takes over, and then we usher in the Chris Parson Era with Spurrier Jr. or some other hotshot OC.

We will, but that's true anytime you lose a lot of minutes from one year to the next. Would rather keep all of them than half of them just to get younger players some experience.

Now that said, we better be focused on getting some young players some experience. And I hope we can still get some younger portal players because I'm not sure we have the players on campus yet to take over in 2024, and I'd rather not be relying on RS Freshmen, freshmen, and first year transfers then.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

I heard we better do it this year. That's the great thing about what's happening. We are giving development time to those younger guys who will be able to keep the roller coaster effect to a minimum.

I hear that more than not it seems. Why are we going to struggle? The recruits behind them will be Jrs and SRs with a lot of playing time. Example Colin Duncan will stay. Behind him is Ellington and Morant. Both will play this year and have 2 years. None of that takes into consideration 2 years of transfers.

Leach isn't retiring. Arnett isn't leaving and if he does, we will hire a strong DC as usual!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I heard we better do it this year. That's the great thing about what's happening. We are giving development time to those younger guys who will be able to keep the roller coaster effect to a minimum.

I hear that more than not it seems. Why are we going to struggle? The recruits behind them will be Jrs and SRs with a lot of playing time. Example Colin Duncan will stay. Behind him is Ellington and Morant. Both will play this year and have 2 years. None of that takes into consideration 2 years of transfers.

Leach isn't retiring. Arnett isn't leaving and if he does, we will hire a strong DC as usual!
....if they don't transfer. They'll need to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We will, but that's true anytime you lose a lot of minutes from one year to the next. Would rather keep all of them than half of them just to get younger players some experience.

Now that said, we better be focused on getting some young players some experience. And I hope we can still get some younger portal players because I'm not sure we have the players on campus yet to take over in 2024, and I'd rather not be relying on RS Freshmen, freshmen, and first year transfers then.
Yeah, but that's not Arnett. He does a great job getting people reps on defense. GREAT job. Some examples:

Page, Purvis. They've logged a lot of hours in practice and the field. We saw what they can do this year. Cooper played in 8 games as a true freshman (injured this year). All LBs.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Leach, in his whole career, has done a great job of retaining coaches.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Now the staff needs to go tamper with Memphis's Cam'Ron Jackson and convince him he needs to play in the SEC. 6'6"/340 and moves very well. Would be nose tackle to take up the entire middle. I watched him the last part of their season and he is very active for such a big man. He's too good for Memphis. It would make our run stopping defense incredible with all our returning players. Let's do it. We need a dominate nose tackle.

Reactions: WilCoDawg