Legend Vin Scully dies

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Reliving the anniversary of his death.
Listened to his final broadcast again today.

Best Vin Scully quotes​

1. “Andre Dawson has a bruised knee and is listed as day to day… Aren’t we all?”

2. “How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away.”

3. “Roberto Clemente could field the ball in New York and throw out a guy in Pittsburgh.”

4. On Maury Wills: “When he runs, it’s all downhill.”

5. “As long as you live keep smiling because it brightens everybody’s day.”

6. “It’s easier to pick off a fast runner than to pick off a lazy runner.”

7. “Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, not illumination.”

8. “The only difference between a winning team and a losing team is one game. The winning team can win two out of three games—the losing team can only win one out of three.”

9. On Bob Gibson: “He pitches as though he’s double-parked.”

10. “I really love baseball. The guys and the game, and I love the challenge of describing things. The only thing I hate, and I know you have to be realistic and pay the bills in this life, is the loneliness on the road.”

11. “I’m really up to date now on Twitter. But I do think for all of you folks who are Tweeting out there, we’ve got to get something trending. Whoa, so maybe we’ve ought to get something trending about A.J. Ellis, and if you do that, you know what, I’m cool. I’m really cool.”

12. “‘That’s fertilizer,’ says Kemp, over and over. ‘That is fertilizer.'”

13. “Losing feels worse than winning feels good.”

14. “It’s a mere moment in a man’s life between an All-Star game and an old-timer’s game.”

15. “That is the way this game is — you win, you lose, you celebrate and you suffer.”

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCockStrong