Leiter out this week.

May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
.@VandyBoys RHP Jack Leiter has been scratched from his start today against Alabama as #Vandy continues to monitor his workload. He will get the weekend off from pitching. Obviously, something to keep an eye on going into next week. #MLBDraft #VandyBoys— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogers) May 8, 2021
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
This is why you don’t throw kids 120 pitches in March. Why is that so hard for some coaches to figure out?
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,683
24,532
113
I don’t know why I’d pitch again as an amateur athlete if I’m Rocker or Leiter.
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
Rocker is a starter in AAA right now. Possibly the bigs in a year or two.

Lieter is absolutely thrown too many innings. The decline started weeks ago.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Until we win a championship doing what we do and put a bunch of pitchers in MLB, I'll defer to the Vandy way. They'll get rest the next couple weeks. They don't have anything to prove in the tournament.
 
Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
Until we win a championship doing what we do and put a bunch of pitchers in MLB, I'll defer to the Vandy way. They'll get rest the next couple weeks. They don't have anything to prove in the tournament.

The “Vandy Way” is give out 2x as many scholarships as everyone else. The only place in America where the “Vandy Way” is even possible is Vandy.
 

Fogdog

Redshirt
Oct 6, 2014
572
0
0
The “Vandy Way” is give out 2x as many scholarships as everyone else. The only place in America where the “Vandy Way” is even possible is Vandy.

Scholarships or no scholarships, they still develop pitchers as well or better than anyone else in the country.
 

GhostOfJackie

Senior
Apr 20, 2009
3,795
712
113
This won’t happen because our guys don’t have any quit in them, but i wouldn’t mind banging the first two games in Hoover to rest up for our regional.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Who has more TJ surgeries the last several years? Us or them? It's not them. Vandy knows what they're doing.
You're clueless. Arm damage is done before these guys get to campus. But even still, you can't trot them out there for that many pitches. It's just irresponsible.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I don’t know why I’d pitch again as an amateur athlete if I’m Rocker or Leiter.
I do wonder what their parents are thinking by allowing these huge counts. They have to realize what's on the line and no one would blame them for shutting them down. I get that 2 years ago they were all riding on emotion in that Duke Super Regional, so I guess the answer is to have set limits agreed upon ahead of time.
 
Aug 21, 2015
482
0
16
I do wonder what their parents are thinking by allowing these huge counts. They have to realize what's on the line and no one would blame them for shutting them down. I get that 2 years ago they were all riding on emotion in that Duke Super Regional, so I guess the answer is to have set limits agreed upon ahead of time.

I wonder who knows more, Al Leiter or someone who watches rec league games on a bucket wearing coaching shorts and cleats?
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,630
12,084
113
I think Tim Van Horn needs to get his starters’ pitch counts up.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I wonder who knows more, Al Leiter or someone who watches rec league games on a bucket wearing coaching shorts and cleats?
I don't know the latter guy (you must), but I'm pretty sure if younger Leiter ends up with TJ, then their protocol is not one I would employ. Biggest mistake that ignorant people make is thinking that ex-players make the best coaches.

By the way, say hi to your wife for me.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Survivor bias. You only make it there if you can throw 150 innings. Those who can't don't make it.

Plus it's a longer season.
 

olblue.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 14, 2012
4,615
0
0
I don't know the latter guy (you must), but I'm pretty sure if younger Leiter ends up with TJ, then their protocol is not one I would employ. Biggest mistake that ignorant people make is thinking that ex-players make the best coaches.

By the way, say hi to your wife for me.

You act like TJ is a career ender. That makes you a dumb ***. As do other many, many other things.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Ole miss will catch them at the right time.

Maybe but looking like we will do it without Hoglund. He’s having an MRI tomorrow and had forearm stiffness. Forearm issues are a big deal. I doubt he ever pitches at Ole Miss again. Been a tough year on Bianco with injuries.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window