Let’s look ahead to 2024 PSU Football. 😀

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe. But what took Harbaugh so long at Michigan? Why did he wait til year 7 to finally get rolling? Seems to me if he's the miracle worker you portray him to be, he would have had Michigan where they are now much earlier. I think Harbaugh's a really good coach. But I don't think after being at Michigan for 6 years he suddenly woke up and said "ok, we're going to start dominating, starting today!" and it magically happened.
Just so happens his turnaround came right at the time the sign stealing stuff started…just a coincidence I guess.

Dec 15, 2023
Here's my view of PSU football and where it is headed.

We could have been elite but we chose the $ and joined the Big 10. Every team added to the Big 10 is subservient to the Big 2. The league office ensures this. You see it when Ohio St can't score even 1 TD against an SEC team because they actually call holding against them. Same with Michigan who has crapped the bed in bowl games. The big 10 help is a crutch that they cannot overcome when they play outside of the Big 10. As for the rest of the Big 10 teams, they exist for light competition to the Big 2. PSU came in and destroyed Ohio St in 94. That isn't permitted and we were screwed over and over until the Big 2 rose back to the top. College football now has replay because of this.

Now as for college football, it is dying a rapidly increasing death. This media-scripted "playoff" with 2 teams chosen over an undefeated power 5 for the 1st time ever (causing 1/3 of that jilted team to leave), a team that the entire country knows has cheated for the last several years, and a team that helped blow up it's own conference is a farce. How do I know it is scripted? The commercials have been telling us - "the greatest story ever written". No, I don't want your committee/cabal and partnering networks' directed greatest story. I want a real playoff. No, not even your 12-team more of the same trying to pass it off as throwing fans a bone but really 8 teams are fighting to become the fodder for the 4 committee/cabal chosen teams who get to rest up and then destroy them. Opt outs making a mockery of NY6 bowl games, every player a free agent every year bought by the highest bidders with no salary caps, IT ISN'T COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

So what is my response to these unpalatable changes? I'm not watching college football the rest of the year. I'm going to cut down my PSU game attendance to maybe once or twice a year and kind of wait and see. I already don't care about it half as much as I did earlier in the season because many of the players don't seem to care, at least those opting out last minute. I'm not booking any more bowl trips because I cannot trust if we are even going to be the same team as during the season or that our head coach will be honest about that with us. Thankfully, I changed my mind on this year's trip after the season ended. And I don't need to be buying anymore PSU apparel. I have 2 lifetime's worth already and I'm just excited for the product (PSU and college football). I won't be watching half as much college football outside of PSU either because if the certain games that used to be the biggest of the year don't even matter to many of the players, then why should I care?

Last edited:

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

We could have been elite but we chose the $ and joined the Big 10. Every team added to the Big 10 is subservient to the Big 2. The league office ensures this. You see it when Ohio St can't score even 1 TD against an SEC team because they actually call holding against them. Same with Michigan who has crapped the bed in bowl games. The big 10 help is a crutch that they cannot overcome when they play outside of the Big 10. As for the rest of the Big 10 teams, they exist for light competition to the Big 2. PSU came in and destroyed Ohio St in 94. That isn't permitted and we were screwed over and over until the Big 2 rose back to the top. College football now has replay because of this.

Now as for college football, it is dying a rapidly increasing death. This media-scripted "playoff" with 2 teams chosen over an undefeated power 5 for the 1st time ever (causing 1/3 of that jilted team to leave), a team that the entire country knows has cheated for the last several years, and a team that helped blow up it's own conference is a farce. How do I know it is scripted? The commercials have been telling us - "the greatest story ever written". No, I don't want your committee/cabal and partnering networks' directed greatest story. I want a real playoff. No, not even your 12-team more of the same trying to pass it off as throwing fans a bone but really 8 teams are fighting to become the fodder for the 4 committee/cabal chosen teams who get to rest up and then destroy them. Opt outs making a mockery of NY6 bowl games, every player a free agent every year bought by the highest bidders with no salary caps, IT ISN'T COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

So what is my response to these unpalatable changes? I'm not watching college football the rest of the year. I'm going to cut down my PSU game attendance to maybe once or twice a year and kind of wait and see. I already don't care about it half as much as I did earlier in the season because many of the players don't seem to care, at least those opting out last minute. I'm not booking any more bowl trips because I cannot trust if we are even going to be the same team as during the season or that our head coach will be honest about that with us. Thankfully, I changed my mind on this year's trip after the season ended. And I don't need to be buying anymore PSU apparel. I have 2 lifetime's worth already and I'm just excited for the product (PSU and college football). I won't be watching half as much college football outside of PSU either because if the certain games that used to be the biggest of the year don't even matter to many of the players, then why should I care?
College football is not dying…viewership was up 12% in 2023 and over 28% in the last five years. This year’s championship week viewer numbers dwarfed last year’s. Some people may not like the changes, but more people are watching every year.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

only one thing I would change is that this is where all of college football is headed- down the drain

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021

I don’t disagree with anything you wrote Mr Ed. and I am sad.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio

4theglory54

Oct 16, 2021
It is like all of our DNA can be traced back to Sisyphus, we simply lack the required willpower to do other than remain a fan.

Reactions: Midnighter

Latest posts