Looking ahead to 2023 schedule

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Pretty tough stretch to start the year, could be looking at 4 of our first 5 games against top 25 opponents: UNC, UGA, UT and MSU. That UNC opener will be a tough one, going up against one of the best QBs in all of football.

The back end is considerably lighter as we finish with Jacksonville State, UK and Vandy leading up the Clemson game.

That opening slate is rough though.

Reactions: StillH8FATBRAD

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Pretty tough stretch to start the year, could be looking at 4 of our first 5 games against top 25 opponents: UNC, UGA, UT and MSU. That UNC opener will be a tough one, going up against one of the best QBs in all of football.

The back end is considerably lighter as we finish with Jacksonville State, UK and Vandy leading up the Clemson game.

That opening slate is rough though.

Hasn't UNC cooled considerably in their last few games?

One thing though, teams should improve/fall off more drastically now in the offseason, with the transfer portal. Hard to look ahead till you see that season wrap up.

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Yeah. Used to be able to look and see who's coming back. Now you don't know because of the portal. A lot of program's rosters will be different by next fall, including ours I hope. Our portal guys really began to show up and show waht they had at the end of the season. I did feel bad for the guy from Wake Forrest and for us. His year was a bust because of injuries. We could have really used him.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
That's a damn tough schedule. Much tougher than this year's.

Much tougher? Other than the teamsnthat are on the schedule both years, we basically swap MSU for Arkansas ( is that a wash? Maybe sightly tougher), but we trade one patsy for UNC.

I guess I see it as tougher by one game.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Much tougher? Other than the teamsnthat are on the schedule both years, we basically swap MSU for Arkansas ( is that a wash? Maybe sightly tougher), but we trade one patsy for UNC.

I guess I see it as tougher by one game.

It's definitely a much tougher start. UNC + Furman + UGA + UT + MSU >>>>>> Ga St. + Arkansas + UGA + Charlotte + SC State.

But, as I noted that comes with a tradeoff at the backend. Where we sit right now, and a whole lot can change, I wouldn't consider any of our final 7 games unwinnable. The only game I see, looking our schedule right now, that I would mark down as a near certain loss is UGA. No, no, I'm not saying we're going to go 11-1. And, a lot remains to be seen about what these last 2 games actually mean for us. And, as you noted, there's so much now for everyone as far as who will/won't return.

Reactions: Lurker123

Latest posts