Making changes

Dec 23, 2025
55
65
18
At the beginning, we could say, “Well, I trust Pope. He is very smart, and I trust him to be able to make adjustments and changes if it isn’t working.” But now, halfway through the second season, I can no longer say I trust Pope as a coach to make changes when things go bad. We have consistently seen him get blown out by double digits in 10+ games. For 1.5 seasons, we’ve seen the team fall behind in what feels like every first half of basketball they play, yet he hasn’t adjusted. We’ve consistently seen rotations, lineups, and substitutions cause serious problems, and he still hasn’t made changes. We’ve seen him handle the media very poorly after losses without adjusting, and worst of all, we’ve seen a historically bad recruiting cycle with likely zero commits—yet his response is, “I feel really good about where we are in recruiting.” I no longer trust him to make intelligent, rapid changes to stay competitive, and I think that is just as big an indicator as all the other failures so far as to why this won’t work long-term and ultimately, he will be the change that needs to be made.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball UK Pro Day was a 'really, really positive day' for Kentucky basketball
  2. 02 KSR Basketball KSR's top takeaways from Kentucky Basketball Pro Day 2026
  3. 03 KSR Cats in the NFL BBNFL Week 4: Wan'Dale Robinson and Chris Rodriguez find the end zone (again)
  4. 04 KSR Women's Basketball Kentucky WBB has a versatile trio of 6-foot-5 Wildcats: 'We call them our 6-5s'
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky is very familiar with LSU QB Sam Leavitt