Man, those home losses to UGA and LSU are now coming back to bite!!!

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
There have been a lot of top 10 WTF losses this year. Just a wild year in MBB…very entertaining though.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
This whole “woulda, coulda, shoulda” argument is always so dumb. Of course we wish we’d won those games. But the dumb part is that the teams were battling with, UT and Bama can make the same argument that it shouldn’t even be a battle. That they should already pretty much have it locked up. UT could say the same thing about their losses to A&M and MSU. Bama is really the only team in the conference that can say they don’t have any bad losses in the SEC.
If we had lost the games we were predicted to lose, we would be playing on Wednesday. This team went 7-2 on the road in conference. That’s pretty extraordinary. I prefer to focus on that, than fret over a couple games we lost. Both of those teams we are fretting over were supposed to be better than us, yet we will be watching one of them play on the first day of the tournament (Georgia) while the other is on the bubble probably needing 3 wins to get in the dance.

Last edited:

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
UGA loss doesn't bother me so much. That was a necessary wake-up call, I think. LSU loss is inexplicable, though.
Indeed. I'd love to have a "do-over" from the point where we had a 16 point lead in the 2nd half.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
UGA loss doesn't bother me so much. That was a necessary wake-up call, I think. LSU loss is inexplicable, though.
I get that we blew a big lead, but that LSU squad improved greatly over the year. They followed up beating us with beating UK. Losing to UGA was a much worse loss.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I get that we blew a big lead, but that LSU squad improved greatly over the year. They followed up beating us with beating UK. Losing to UGA was a much worse loss.
Nah, not all. Georgia was only our fourth conference game of the season, and we were still finding out what we were made of. We had established ourselves by the LSU game and held a nearly 20 point lead in the second half. You just can’t blow leads like that at home. That’s way worse than the Georgia game.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Well Now, looks like A&M upset UK, MSU beat UT....is it possible that we get left out of the tournament.

I say those two loses are going to look monumental now!!!

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Yep, also heard that due to those losses that both the men’s and women’s teams won’t even be invited to the Dance and the football team will have to pass on a bowl bid if we get one. I think we’ll be feeling the repercussions of those games for years to come.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
On a serious note, how would we be left out? We tied for 2nd and the conference tournaments only matter for final seeding and bubble teams. We have been in for weeks and nothing has changed. Just means Sec may get an another team in. Florida was probably in already, Miss State may or may not get in, but has no effect on us. Just go win a game or 2 and see what happens. If we lose the first game we don’t deserve to go on anyway. I think we have a few more wins up our sleeve