Marcus Green ??

slickdawg

Redshirt
May 28, 2007
2,086
0
0
I want to say that I heard last Fall because of his injuries, that he would be eligible for a 6th year (ala Rusty Medaris) if he graduated.

Anyone heard anything on this?
 

LBC.sixpack

Redshirt
Jun 24, 2012
86
0
0
He didn't play in the spring, so I'm assuming it's a no-go. Malcolm is a much better receiver and neither of them are really big enough to block the ends extremely well, so we should be better at TE next year, at least in 1 TE scenarios.
 

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,102
1,100
98
Well Ive got sources. Or I follow Coach34 on twitter and he says he has applied for a waiver.
 

slickdawg

Redshirt
May 28, 2007
2,086
0
0
I agree, Malcolm is the now and the future TE, but if he's back 100%, Green can make significant contributions.
 

vhdawg

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2004
4,894
2,816
113
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
He only played 2 games in 2008 and 2010, it would be fair to give him another year. (I don't know if the NCAA even considers arguments like that)
 

LBC.sixpack

Redshirt
Jun 24, 2012
86
0
0
QuaoarsKing said:
He only played 2 games in 2008 and 2010, it would be fair to give him another year. (I don't know if the NCAA even considers arguments like that)
I wanna say RGIII got a medical redshirt for a season where he only played 3 games and then got hurt, so it might work.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list