Meanwhile Georgia Southern Takes Care Of Business.

Fight On Era

Sep 28, 2021
Dude. That’s GSU. This is WeAreSC board. You wanna wax poetic about Clay’s accomplishments at another U, take to their boards and leave us to our tough win tonight. Go follow your true passion elsewhere.
Have you made the same suggestion to those who post updates on accomplishments by Kiffin, Sark and Coach O with their current teams?

Reactions: jaycee993

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Haters gonna keep on hatin'.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

For your own peace of mind, let it go already. Clay clearly wasn't right for USC, and he should have been cut loose post 2018, but he was extended instead. That decision was 100% on Heritage Hall, not CH.

IMO Helton has so far proven himself to be a pretty good fit at GA.S and, apparently, his players there like him a lot ... just as ours did.

I'm always glad to see someone offered a chance at redemption who then is able to grasp it with both hands. I can only imagine why anyone would begrudge someone a second chance to turn to their own betterment and then grasp it.

Instead, many here seem to still take personally Helton's poor performance at USC, constantly wish him all the worst and who actively compete amongst themselves to see who can express the most toxic anti-Helton commentary. IMO, that says more about them than it does about Clay.

USC is 4-0 and I'm too busy here celebrating that fact to care a twit about Clay's measure of successes at the other side of the continent. Last night in Corvallis we beat a very well-coached and solid Beaver team in their house, delivering up another +4 turnovers and a last-minute nail-biting drive to clutch a narrow, but very important, victory from the jaws of certain defeat.

4-0, baby!

Fight On! Beat the Deevils!

jaycee993

Sep 2, 2021

For your own peace of mind, let it go already. Clay clearly wasn't right for USC, and he should have been cut loose post 2018, but he was extended instead. That decision was 100% on Heritage Hall, not CH.

IMO Helton has so far proven himself to be a pretty good fit at GA.S and, apparently, his players there like him a lot ... just as ours did.

I'm always glad to see someone offered a chance at redemption who then is able to grasp it with both hands. I can only imagine why anyone would begrudge someone a second chance to turn to their own betterment and then grasp it.

Instead, many here seem to still take personally Helton's poor performance at USC, constantly wish him all the worst and who actively compete amongst themselves to see who can express the most toxic anti-Helton commentary. IMO, that says more about them than it does about Clay.

USC is 4-0 and I'm too busy here celebrating that fact to care a twit about Clay's measure of successes at the other side of the continent. Last night in Corvallis we beat a very well-coached and solid Beaver team in their house, delivering up another +4 turnovers and a last-minute nail-biting drive to clutch a narrow, but very important, victory from the jaws of certain defeat.

4-0, baby!

I especially dont like it when people use the word "hate" when talking about any coach. Gotta remember it's still just a game. Great post Hector!

Reactions: DaFireMedic

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

Aug 24, 2017
I believe Georgia Southern plays Coastal Carolina next. Unlike the teams Clay has beaten, they actually have a pulse.
Be prepared for the familiar useless platitudes from Helton when his team gets their *** beat.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017

4-0, baby!

That certainly is the case with Kif and Sark.
But I don't see anyone starting threads about Helton here except for the OP.
If he would give it a rest, we wouldn't have any threads about him

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Isn't being fired for poor performance midseason, cause?
No, I believe for cause means something off the field. It’s also usually applied so there is no buyout. Pretty sure Lane got paid the rest of his contract. Not in Oakland though. Fired for cause.

Lane- What does that mean?
Al Davis- it means I don’t owe you a penny, now GTFO

Fight On Era

Sep 28, 2021
Isn't is "interesting" that Lane was fired while navigating us thru the worst years of the sanctions but Helton was somehow kept on year after year of really awful coaching and on the field performance.
Seriously? Clay Helton guided USC to Rose Bowl and conference titles for the first time since the Pete Carroll era. He was respected and liked by the players. Kiffin did not have the respect of the players. He provided embarrassments such as the deflated footballs incident, the refusal to allow an opposing team a pregame walk thru and of course his Darth Vader impression at the Sun Bowl where the Trojans were humiliated by underdog Georgia Tech 21-7.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaycee993