Meechie goodbye video

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Angry Over It GIF by Famous in Love

Reactions: CWW and 92Pony

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
I really find these messages discussing. He was a favorite player. He is not NBA material. We opened our arms when he wanted another school. He has only one more year. No mention of going to a school for a good education. He has a camp in Columbia in April! Hope it is not successful. It is time he moves on.

Reactions: 92Pony

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Testing the NBA draft process does not mean that he believes he will make an NBA roster right now. Maybe a team sees enough in him to offer him a Two-Way spot. Yes, you may spend time on an obscure G-League team, but those spots are worth over a half million dollars to a player now. Also, he can get feedback that tells him he needs to go back to school. With regard to transferring, I know Meechie's dad was a player and is really invested in Meechie's progress as a player. He got down to Columbia as much as he could, but he probably wants Meechie closer to home. Also, you may have a team or two that have an NIL deal that is just better than what we can do. Players leaving because of this is just a reality of the sport right now. Finally, the coach that was at Ohio State when he transferred to us has been fired. This probably presents an opportunity for him to transfer back to where he started.

Nite2Crow2

Jan 20, 2022
You ever change jobs for more money?. You liked the company you worked for and the people but left for a better opportunity for yourself.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
You ever change jobs for more money?. You liked the company you worked for and the people but left for a better opportunity for yourself.

Agreed.

And didn't we get him through the portal to begin with?

Edit: yeah. Looked it up.

Last edited:

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
I guess "Forever to thee" means different things to different people. Maybe he spoke to Cousinard after the Oregon game about that sweet Nike money out there.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Agreed.

And didn't we get him through the portal to begin with?

Edit: yeah. Looked it up.
So how many times can a player transfer and not sit - outside of one of the times being as a graduate transfer?

Reactions: CWW

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
So how many times can a player transfer and not sit - outside of one of the times being as a graduate transfer?

Just going off memory, but wasn't there a recent suit that eliminated the one time only transfer? I thought it was a free for all now?

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Saying it is best for his family doesn’t explain the reason unless the reason is more money. However he said he hasn’t talked to anyone yet.

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
And then you decide…hey I want to return to my original job. And your company opens their arms and even offers you more money to return for one year?

CWW

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Feb 1, 2022
Saying it is best for his family doesn’t explain the reason unless the reason is more money. However he said he hasn’t talked to anyone yet.
I don’t believe he hasn’t talked to anyone. Why not be honest and say I love my school, but I have been offered more money and need to pursue this.

Reactions: 92Pony and Uscg1984

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
One would think that as the amount of frustrated coaches increases due to this policy, more pressure will be registered upon the NCAA for changes. 🤞
Can't and shouldn't go on like this, but at this stage, contracts might be the only remedy.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
That doesn't mean somebody hasn't talked to him; that somebody might be somebody at another school or somebody at the family's house.

Reactions: vacock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
And then you decide…hey I want to return to my original job. And your company opens their arms and even offers you more money to return for one year?

Well, in the business world, you wouldn't come back for "one year" officially.

But yes. People do this all the time. Staying in a position gets certain raises. Taking a new position gets higher raises. So people often not only jump for a pay raise, but jump back for another raise/promotion.

It's common place in my field. (Engineering)

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I don’t believe he hasn’t talked to anyone. Why not be honest and say I love my school, but I have been offered more money and need to pursue this.
Right. Just be honest and say he's been offered more money. Others in the thread have said it's no different than changing jobs for more money or better opportunity, or whatever, so just say so. If you feel good about making the move and know that it's the right thing to do, why couch it in flowery and ambiguous terms? Just own it and go.

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
Every goodbye video ever: I’ve had such a great time here and love the school, my teammates and coaches so much that I’ve decided to transfer.
And ends with, "I gotta do what's best for me."

Reactions: vacock

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Right. Just be honest and say he's been offered more money. Others in the thread have said it's no different than changing jobs for more money or better opportunity, or whatever, so just say so. If you feel good about making the move and know that it's the right thing to do, why couch it in flowery and ambiguous terms? Just own it and go.
.....because most 18-22 year olds are in the process of learning how to tell people no and deal with the process of letting people down.

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
.....because most 18-22 year olds are in the process of learning how to tell people no and deal with the process of letting people down.
Good point. A lot of older people are learning how to say no and deal with disappointing others, too.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Just got around to reading his full statement. Someone must have told him to use "at the end of the day" as many times as humanly possible.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Just got around to reading his full statement. Someone must have told him to use "at the end of the day" as many times as humanly possible.
That's the new line everybody is using, not just athletes, replacing ''I don't care what you think''.

Reactions: 18IsTheMan