Men’s Basketball Top 25

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Yea I watched the Bama-UNC game yesterday and they look legit

Tough weekend for last week's #1 UNC.

Lost to a Iowa State Friday and Bama in 4 OTs Sunday.

Also, Purdue has jumped to #5 in AP. They are #1 in Massey Ratings after going to Portland and beating West Virginia, Gonzaga and Duke, all by double digits in a 4 day span.

Their closest game this year? Five point win over Marquette at home.

That won't hurt the ole MSU resume.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
#thanksbracky

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Some teams look great when the shots fall better on some random nights

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Cool! The team is already outperforming my expectations. I had us losing one game up to this point (Marquette) and a 2nd to Minnesota for our OOC slate. If we happen to take out Minnesota at their place, I think we get ranked without a doubt in the top 25. We still need a lot of work offensively, but have the D to do what it takes. Arkansas seems to be pretty stout and I'm not sure who we'll match up with their 6'7" PG to slow him down. Maybe move Matthews outside to work on him. Cam has the hops and speed to hopefully keep him under wraps.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If we get selected to participate
On the bright side, until OU and Texas show up in 2025, the SEC will actually have less schools than the ACC (basketball includes Notre Dame, giving them 15), so we won't get shut out until at least Thanksgiving 2025. After that, there's always the chance that we're the odd man out in a 16 vs 15 scenario, but our chances of being excluded are essentially cut by 3/4.

Reactions: HailStateTate

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
On the bright side, until OU and Texas show up in 2025, the SEC will actually have less schools than the ACC (basketball includes Notre Dame, giving them 15), so we won't get shut out until at least Thanksgiving 2025. After that, there's always the chance that we're the odd man out in a 16 vs 15 scenario, but our chances of being excluded are essentially cut by 3/4.
Is it normal for teams to transfer to another conference with this much wait time? Is it official or can the TX, OK deals fall thru somehow?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Is it normal for teams to transfer to another conference with this much wait time? Is it official or can the TX, OK deals fall thru somehow?
It’s all about the television contracts. Texas and Oklahoma are locked into the Big 12 tv contract through 2024. They would have to pay a sizable fee to break the contract and leave early. Doesn’t look like they want to do that and are content until waiting until 2025 to join the SEC.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It’s all about the television contracts. Texas and Oklahoma are locked into the Big 12 tv contract through 2024. They would have to pay a sizable fee to break the contract and leave early. Doesn’t look like they want to do that and are content until waiting until 2025 to join the SEC.

FlotownDawg is 100% correct. Fox is the biggest speed bump. Once OU and Texas bolt the Big 12, Fox is going to lose a major piece of its college football programming since all Texas and OU home games would suddenly become solely ESPN products. Fox wasn't going to let them just flee without being made whole and it doesn't appear as though Texas or OU want to pay the exit fee.

Reactions: onewoof