Michigan DT arrested

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
I am numb to this. We hate it when outsiders judge PSU players when they get in trouble(thinking back to all the stupid shiite before the big scandal). I really don't care and let Mich handle as they see fit. They have more info then we do. Maybe they can hire Vicki Tripony to handle their discipline issues. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:🤷‍♂️

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
I am numb to this. We hate it when outsiders judge PSU players when they get in trouble(thinking back to all the stupid shiite before the big scandal). I really don't care and let Mich handle as they see fit. They have more info then we do. Maybe they can hire Vicki Tripony to handle their discipline issues. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:🤷‍♂️
Vicki… omg… gotta get some paper towels!

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021

University of Michigan Athletic Director Warde Manuel said in a statement that Smith was “honest, forthcoming and cooperative” on the incident from the “very beginning” and is not suspended from the team at this time. “He is not and never has been considered a threat to the University or community,” Manuel said in a statement. “Based on the information communicated to us, we will continue to allow the judicial process to play out. Mazi will continue to participate as a member of the team.”

Michigan head football coach Jim Harbaugh said in a statement that he has “respect for our judicial process and with that respect brings confidence that a fair and just resolution is forthcoming.”

A2nit

Oct 12, 2021
They played Indiana on the 8th. Shouldn’t the team be bunkered up in a hotel on the 7th?

Reactions: PSUJam

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
flag!

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
doubt he plays
He was arrested on October 7th and for some reason released. He has played in every game since including the October 8th game against Indiana. Here's a quote from the link below. "He was arrested on scene, processed at the police station and later released pending review by the prosecutor’s office."

What do you think now?

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
Breaking Bad Lawyer GIF by AMC Networks

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Schoolie

Oct 12, 2021
Mazi Smith… starting DT arrested on felony weapons charges. Does he suit up Saturday night? I am betting a beer he plays…
Probably not. In this case they really don’t need him. The big question is the first round of the CFP. If he was arrested on felony weapons charges, I would have to say that if the University of Michigan has any integrity, they will require Smith to be suspended until the case come up in court. Anything less than that would be an affront to the “high standards” the university claims it maintains for its sports programs. (I see all of you smirking.)

DELion

Oct 21, 2021
Michigan head football coach Jim Harbaugh said in a statement that he has “respect for our judicial process and with that respect brings confidence that a fair and just resolution is forthcoming.”
"after the college football playoffs are complete."

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
The NCAA/conference will mete out the same punishment they did for Terrelle Pryor. He'll be able to play in the CCG and bowl game but he has to promise to return to Michigan in 2023 so he can serve his suspension.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
The incident happened midway through the season, the day before a game, yet he played the rest of the regular season and charges weren’t filed until just after the regular season. He is still on the team, with hairball and the AD backing him publicly.

Clearly just a misunderstanding.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
I can understand why the MSU fans are upset. Though, I have no love lost for them either. Same DA office that pressed charges for the tunnel altercation.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Cynic in me says if he had his driver’s license on him, they likely never find out about the gun (unless it was sitting on the front passenger seat). I wonder what the justification would be to search the vehicle (unless he disclosed to the police officer voluntarily) otherwise. Speeding is very common. Seems like he was pursuing his concealed carry permit at the time and is cooperating. So is the charge for having the gun in the car without a permit? Or was it hidden? Illegally purchased?

Reactions: Jim from Spicewood

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
The NCAA/conference will mete out the same punishment they did for Terrelle Pryor. He'll be able to play in the CCG and bowl game but he has to promise to return to Michigan in 2023 so he can serve his suspension.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me."
- Terrelle Pryor

Oct 12, 2021
F meatchicken go Purdue I hope there is a big upset this weekend in the big ten championship

PSU87

Oct 12, 2021
Cynic in me says if he had his driver’s license on him, they likely never find out about the gun (unless it was sitting on the front passenger seat). I wonder what the justification would be to search the vehicle (unless he disclosed to the police officer voluntarily) otherwise. Speeding is very common. Seems like he was pursuing his concealed carry permit at the time and is cooperating. So is the charge for having the gun in the car without a permit? Or was it hidden? Illegally purchased?
We don't have those details yet, but....

Typically police are able to search the immediate area around the driver without actually opening or moving anything.

Also, "any drugs or weapons in the vehicle" is a fairly standard question in a traffic stop. Fumble the answer, or fail to realize you don't have to answer....the cops now have probable cause for a search.

In Michigan (it varies a lot by state), unless you have a concealed permit, if you have a gun in the car it needs to be encased and unloaded, disassembled or in the trunk. If he had it in the glove compartment and didn't have a permit....he's a felon.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Thank you. I never get pleasure with these stories. I get it relative to the slant some people take towards the PSU program but these are kids. My friends wife taught inner city of Detroit and the stories she would tell of the mess her kids came from was heartbreaking. I don’t know the details of this kid but I’m hoping he gets some counseling and sees there is a better way.

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
Thank you. I never get pleasure with these stories. I get it relative to the slant some people take towards the PSU program but these are kids. My friends wife taught inner city of Detroit and the stories she would tell of the mess her kids came from was heartbreaking. I don’t know the details of this kid but I’m hoping he gets some counseling and sees there is a better way.
I respect where you are coming from but Smith is a 4th year senior at one of the finest universities in America and undoubtedly has plenty of cash in his pocket and an agent promising him a huge down payment as soon as UMs season ends. If he has not yet seen the better way, I am not optimistic he will.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
I respect where you are coming from but Smith is a 4th year senior at one of the finest universities in America and undoubtedly has plenty of cash in his pocket and an agent promising him a huge down payment as soon as UMs season ends. If he has not yet seen the better way, I am not optimistic he will.
I hear you but I don’t get pleasure from pointing to a kid’s problems just because he plays at a school we all tend to dislike. The weapons aspect is very troubling and it better be addressed promptly. That is very troubling. It’s not weed or getting into a fight in a tunnel. I made tons of stupid things but I did that with no cell phones and I wasn’t on a playoff team. I tend to keep it to the field stuff only. But I hear you.