Monday morning prediction....

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
...PSU will win Saturday because Northwestern has not appeared to be an organized well coached/well run team. I also don't think they have a lot of talent.

PSU 35
Northwestern 10

PSU will start strong, go into a lull like against CMU (although not as deep of a lull) and then pull away in the 2nd half.

After the game, Coach Franklin and his staff will meet with the BWI/McAndrew Board Legion of Coaching Excellence and hammer out issues for the rest of the season.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Coach Franklin would do himself a pretty great favor this week by choosing not to call out other coaches for team lulls.
Why? And is it do "himself" a favor or do a favor to the other coach?

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
...PSU will win Saturday because Northwestern has not appeared to be an organized well coached/well run team. I also don't think they have a lot of talent.

PSU 35
Northwestern 10

PSU will start strong, go into a lull like against CMU (although not as deep of a lull) and then pull away in the 2nd half.

After the game, Coach Franklin and his staff will meet with the BWI/McAndrew Board Legion of Coaching Excellence and hammer out issues for the rest of the season.

Exactly where I am 28-7, 35-10, 42-17 type of game with PSU on top. Start strong hit a lull and Allar will come in and spark them again.

Reactions: LionJim

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Northwestern usually plays well against us. Not this weekend however— they don’t have the talent and PSU will be anxious to put together a more complete game than the one they showed against CMU. I look for a big rebound by Singleton, and even Pinnegar on Saturday. We get a few more turnovers and win 38-10 with a big lead by halftime.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021

PSU 35
Northwestern 10

I wonder how many of the Legion of Coaches received a phone call from Nebraska and Arizona State regarding the openings they now have???

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I'm confused. Huff hasn't been here since '17. Why did he call him out?
And the interview happened last Thursday - before the game on Saturday?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
I wonder how many of the Legion of Coaches received a phone call from Nebraska and Arizona State regarding the openings they now have???
The Nebraska job was mine until the topic of working remotely came up. Apparently they want their coach to be on site, a dealer breaker for me at any salary. How 2019 is that?!?!?

Last edited:

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021
@psuro 52 minute mark til 53:20 roughly

@Zenophile I can see where you are coming from but primarily because you pointed it out and I listened to it waiting for it. I didn't take it as a call out really. Just an example for handling an upset.
Generally speaking, I’m a fan of Coach Franklin. That said, I wasn’t thrilled to hear that comment from him last Thursday and then was even less so when his team slept walked through 3 quarters of play on Saturday.

Calling someone out publicly without provocation isn’t really my style — but if I were going to do it, I’d make DAMNED SURE I didn’t nearly do that very same thing 36 hours later.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Generally speaking, I’m a fan of Coach Franklin. That said, I wasn’t thrilled to hear that comment from him last Thursday and then was even less so when his team slept walked through 3 quarters of play on Saturday.

Calling someone out publicly without provocation isn’t really my style — but if I were going to do it, I’d make DAMNED SURE I didn’t nearly do that very same thing 36 hours later.
I gotta be honest - I don't really see the big issue here. What he said was on point regarding Marshall losing to Bowling Green, and as a college HFC, he is probably more in tune with what goes on with a college football team than most and what the reasons may be. Additionally, he said he was saying with full respect.

A coach pointing out how another team handles an issue is not really "calling someone out".

I think you overreacted here.

Edit- and be rest assured, some coach will use the PSU "lull" against CMU in some way also.

Last edited:

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Still using this thread for pre-game NW stuff.....

I was at this game and about 1/2 through the 3rd quarter, remembering - why am I spending all this time and money to travel to Chicago to watch this crap?

And then Isaac Smolko happened in the 4th quarter. And then DWill. And then I realized why I spend time and money to watch this.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021

I've heard of "reading between the lines" but I think your hearing things between the sounds. I didn't get that at all from that interview.
🤷‍♂️

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
I gotta be honest - I don't really see the big issue here. What he said was on point regarding Marshall losing to Bowling Green, and as a college HFC, he is probably more in tune with what goes on with a college football team than most and what the reasons may be. Additionally, he said he was saying with full respect.

A coach pointing out how another team handles an issue is not really "calling someone out".

Edit- and be rest assured, some coach will use the PSU "lull" against CMU in some way also.
+1. It was far less than what the CMU coach said about our defense.

Zenophile

Oct 7, 2021

I've heard of "reading between the lines" but I think your hearing things between the sounds. I didn't get that at all from that interview.
🤷‍♂️
Thanks, gents. I shared with you my evolving reaction(s) in real time, and you're looking at it in hindsight. All valid; all good.

Go State! Beat Wildcats!

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021

PSU 35
Northwestern 10

Good point about the BWICAC....they've had a very difficult start to the season. But they continue to game plan and will be in mid season form the minute PSU loses its first contest.
This is a conference game. As such Northwestern stands at 1-0. Fitz will have reminded his team that the OOC games are of no consequence and that all sins will be washed away with a win on Saturday. The narrative will include that after a Wildcat victory...who in the west will be in a better position to win than Northwestern?
A wounded animal is very very dangerous. I respect Fitz......perhaps his message has gotten stale at NW.....I don't know. But I'll tell you this, you don't want to tangle with him. If PSU doesn't respect NW and come out with a purpose.....I can see Illinois.

Last edited:

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
I was invited to interview. I immediately set about contacting my coaching staff (retired from coaching in 1986). Then I realized, every single one of my assistant coaches is dead.:cry:

psuro

Oct 12, 2021

Throwing in another NW game from 2010, with the RB with the most yards in PSU history, whom, for some reason....is not well liked by a number of BWI posters.

Reactions: Zenophile

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
🤷‍♂️
Large step for sure. People get way into the weeds at times with every comment, facial expression, or quotes made in passing. Everything needs to be dissected.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

Throwing in another NW game from 2010, with the RB with the most yards in PSU history, whom, for some reason....is not well liked by a number of BWI posters.

That was a nice comeback.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
I like Fitz and always root for NW when not playing PSU.

Not even our Coaching Staff can prevent this from being a major blow-out game. The difference in athleticism will show itself early and often…..59-10.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
I like Fitz and always root for NW when not playing PSU.

Not even our Coaching Staff can prevent this from being a major blow-out game. The difference in athleticism will show itself early and often…..59-10.
It's amazing that all of those good athletes want to play for such a turrible coaching staff