ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
ROCKETDOGJIM
All-American
1566 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 2:14 PM

For the Parents, Grand Parents or Great Grand Parents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wanting to bring our beloved youngsters to hear and meet the Diamond Dogs, in a family setting, will the "First Pitch" be the Proper Forum to do that???

From the discussion below, it appears younger fans in attendance last night think 'Paps' "mis-usage" of the King's English is expected and fair game for all ears, citing they have become accustomed to such on TV, Movies and other media outlet forms.

Some of us older fellas still don't buy into this cultural change and acceptance of cultural degradation. Just because it's used commonplace in the movies, TV, Standup Comedies, etc. doesn't make it right in my book and not in good taste with raising kids with in a respecful value system.

I do attend church regularly, <span style="font-size:x-large;">fear the Lord</span>, and have seen this country tear down all family value systems in the public sector, taking the "under God" out of the pledge and "In God we Trust" from our monetary system.

It appears the "First Pitch" has gone from a famly sitting to something similar to the vulgar mouthed Stand Up Commedians common place in today's market.

Am I wrong to suggest a need for a parental rating system for the "First Pitch" Banquet and other Dug-out Club functions? I would like to bring my youngsters to such events, however, I don't keep up with the language being used by this new generation of Super Stars.

Maybe there are other functions that are more benigned and family friendly to which to bring our young kids (6 to 12 years of age).

Thanks,

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
ROCKETDOGJIM
All-American
1566 posts this site
Ignore this User
Nominate | ReportPosted: Today 2:14 PM

For the Parents, Grand Parents or Great Grand Parents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wanting to bring our beloved youngsters to hear and meet the Diamond Dogs, in a family setting, will the "First Pitch" be the Proper Forum to do that???

From the discussion below, it appears younger fans in attendance last night think 'Paps' "mis-usage" of the King's English is expected and fair game for all ears, citing they have become accustomed to such on TV, Movies and other media outlet forms.

Some of us older fellas still don't buy into this cultural change and acceptance of cultural degradation. Just because it's used commonplace in the movies, TV, Standup Comedies, etc. doesn't make it right in my book and not in good taste with raising kids with in a respecful value system.

I do attend church regularly, <span style="font-size:x-large;">fear the Lord</span>, and have seen this country tear down all family value systems in the public sector, taking the "under God" out of the pledge and "In God we Trust" from our monetary system.

It appears the "First Pitch" has gone from a famly sitting to something similar to the vulgar mouthed Stand Up Commedians common place in today's market.

Am I wrong to suggest a need for a parental rating system for the "First Pitch" Banquet and other Dug-out Club functions? I would like to bring my youngsters to such events, however, I don't keep up with the language being used by this new generation of Super Stars.

Maybe there are other functions that are more benigned and family friendly to which to bring our young kids (6 to 12 years of age).

Thanks,

MrHooch

Feb 25, 2008
gotta love the irony of him questioning whether or not it was the proper forum while he goes on a religious tirade on a sports message board.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
"Gone with the Wind" since the cultural degradation is way too steep with that nasty ol' Scarlette acting like a ***** and Rhett saying vulgar words.

i am pretty sure his argument for cultural degredation has been going on for a very long time. sigh

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Some people take this stuff to the extreme (pardon the pun).

I bet he says "dang" or "shoot" which means the same thing but no those don't count.

The only word that I dont like is GD.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
He probably doesn't realize that Under God was not added to the pledge until the early 20th century, some time in the 1910's and that In God We Trust was not added to our money until the 1950's. And I am pretty damn sure that the likes of Babe Ruth back in the 30's was a lot more vile of a man then most pro baseball players today. I hate when people refer to the good ole days as if the entire world just started sinning within the last 20 years or something. Sure to an old codgy white man the 40's and 50's were good times for them, but not for most people.

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
why do you care so much what a few older fans think?

This guy is 70+ and has strong opinions. It's weird that it bothers you so. As a matter of fact, you dragging this **** over here is a helluva lot stranger than this older guy being upset with Paps.

Dec 8, 2006
I wish others would try it.

The only time I know about something said on Genes Page is when someone feels the need to bring it over here.

But that's just me.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Me too CroomOwes. Every now and then I'll follow a link there..but for the most part, I stay the hell away.

Life is much easier that way.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
he does have a point. Why use the gutteral language when non vulgar vocab would do just as well.

Culture differences between here and (nasal)Baas-ten are quite dramatic

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
It makes me login to view and it's just not worth the effort. Most people copy and paste and I get my laughs that way.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
I follow some of the recruiting stuff on that site because it's affiliated with covers.com, but I never read the forums. It's just too damn lame.

Apr 16, 2006

Nov 11, 2007
Ideas can be expressed with clarity without resulting to vulgarity.

Anybody can cuss, it doesn't require a license or anything.

If you can't express your thoughts without cheapening your language of expression, you may have other issues.

Whatever. Do your thang. It's the MTV generation.

Just to make this a sports post, Piss off, Bama.

RCD

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
I love you old guys...."These kids these days....no morals....no respect....it continues getting worse"

If only it could be like it was 50 years ago (Racism and no women voting)

Or 100 years ago (settle disputes by walking outside and having a draw with pistols)

Or 500 years ago (slavery and being lynched by disagreeing with government)

**** is the same, was the same, will be the same...FOREVER. Different things become taboo and other things cycle out but people pretty much are the same. It is no better or worse now than ever before. It stays the same. Im sure you are a "god fearing" man. Why dont you read ecclesiastes about what it says about that subject......

sixpackmafia

Feb 24, 2008
i have been genespage free since the fall taladega race when the campers next to me told me about this site.....

since then.....

we had winning season in football
we won our bowl game
we lead the sec west in basketball
i killed a 155 class buck with my bow
i killed 3 pintails this year
Larry Templeton got officially fired

and...

im gonna donate to the Bulldog Club....

I didnt know quitting could be so much fun...

Nov 16, 2005
If only it could be like it was 50 years ago (Racism and no women voting)

Or 100 years ago (settle disputes by walking outside and having a draw with pistols)

Or 500 years ago (slavery and being lynched by disagreeing with government)

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
on this. This seems to me to be at least as big a deal as daffodils. I`m betting you won`t hear much cussin at any MSU athletic banquets attended by kids in the near future.

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
sorry, I had been drinking a little. Years are off a little but close.....slavery, you could put pretty much any time 150 years and back.....

However, the point remains the same.