Move outta my way.. I'm about to beat the dead horse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I recorded the say it out loud special on ESPN last night and thought it was obviously a great pr piece on Croom (even if every time we turn around right now we've got quarterbacks and coaches crying in front of the camera) . The only negative was the flag pole at a tailgate being shown flying a confederate flag along with an MSU flag and the connotations in which it was shown. I've been all over campus countless times on game day and I've never seen that group. They must've searched high and low to find something so juicy.

But for the love of God... MSU Tigers? I know, it's been talked about here, but holy ****. You'd think they could at least get the school's name and accompanying mascot correct that are the SUBJECT OF THE PIECE! That just boggled my mind.

Thanks.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
..from a DirecTV receiver to my computer and then onto the internet, I'd do it. That... and probably be able to earn a lot more money in this post-apocalyptic, interweb world.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
I thought that flag they showed was the State of Mississippi flag. Yes, it has the rebel flag in it, but I don't recall it being a true confederate flag. I could be wrong, though.

imissplatinumplus

Dec 13, 2006
and had to pause and ask the wife who is and Olemiss grad if that what I was acutally seeing. For my 4 yrs at state and 10yrs since I have never seen a Rebel flag on Campus. I thought it was a plant

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
It was a shot in the RV park by the Hump looking toward the new dorms of a flag pole flying the US flag on top, then the stars and bars and an M-State flag under it. I'm looking at it right now, so I'm sure.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________the State of Mississippi flag. Yes, it has the rebel flag in it, but I don't recall it being a true confederate flag_________________________________________________
I believe you are correct.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________the State of Mississippi flag. Yes, it has the rebel flag in it, but I don't recall it being a true confederate flag_________________________________________________
I believe you are incorrect.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
Yep, the confed flag was in it. Not the State of MS flag, the confederate flag.

Ive seen the 1st hour now. The first 30 was all-Croom. Is Croom in the last hour, or can I delete it now..

Damn, I wish I could pull vid off there and get them the computer. Actually, I could use the A/V connections on my camcorder as a middle man, but that's a PIA.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Wait, are you saying that the flag in your video was the real stars and bars or are you saying that the corner portion of the State flag is exactly identical to the stars and bars? I ask because my statement was about the latter.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I'm saying they showed a shot of someone flying a confederate flag in the RV park on the day of the Alabama game.

SWFLDawg

Feb 27, 2008
It's not the stars and bars, it's the confederate battle flag or rebel flag. The stars and bars was the official flag of the confederacy and is not too much different from Old Glory.

Let's get our racist, redneck symbols straight.

I really hate when the confederate battle flag is flown w/ the American Flag. It's worse than it being flown by itself. To me, it's basically saying I love America but I hate ....you know the word I'm looking for.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
People seem to get this confused a lot, so I'll clear it up.

Here is a picture of the Stars and Bars:

Here is a picture of the Confederate Battle Flag:

The funny thing is, most people don't realize that the first flag is a confederate symbol. They only recognize the second one. You could wave the first one all you want and most people wouldn't even know to be offended. You wave the second one, and everyone recognizes it.

Now, another tidbit most people don't know is that the Alabama and Florida state flags today are both based on state Confederate battle flags with the St. Andrews cross. No one complains however because neither of them has the same color scheme as the more recognizable Confederate Battle flag.

rem101

Jan 22, 2008
"For my 4 yrs at state and 10yrs since I have never seen a Rebel flag on Campus."

actually, if you look at the top of the lloyd-ricks building, it has confederate flags built into the bricks going all the way around it.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________They must've searched high and low to find something so juicy_________________________________________________

A scriptwriter will change it up to the fans being KKK members, burning crosses, etc.

To Hollywood, it has an endless supply of scenarios. Most won't be true, but who cares about that?

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
Every time was in late November and we happened to be playing the Egg Bowl that weekend/day.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
the main reason people aren't offended at the first flag in your post is because it wasn't used by a certain organization when the second flag was.

Status
Not open for further replies.