MSU: 5-3 Road SEC record

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
Only Tennessee has a better road record, by one game 6-2. Winning on the road in the SEC is a true testament to good coaching. If not, more people would do it. But year-in and year-out, not many teams manage this feat. Just ask Andy Kennedy how tough it is to win on the road.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
<span class="post-title"><span class="post-title">MSU: 5-3 Road SEC record</span></span>
Whoa now that can't be right. I mean a crappy floor coach or avg. floor coach wouldn't be able to obtain such an impressive road record. I guess with Kirby anything is possible. And add Stan Jones and we would have been 8-0 baby.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
muddawgs33 said:
<span class="post-title"><span class="post-title">MSU: 5-3 Road SEC record</span></span>
Whoa now that can't be right. I mean a crappy floor coach or avg. floor coach wouldn't be able to obtain such an impressive road record. I guess with Kirby anything is possible. And add Stan Jones and we would have been 8-0 baby.

</p>or having a Jamont Gordon and a Charles Rhodes...that doesnt hurt either

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's not like this is Stans's first team that kicked *** on the road. At some point, you have to give credit to the coach. But even if you were right and our road success this year was all because of our poorly coached players, you still have to give credit to the coach, because he's the one who recruited them to MSU.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
patdog said:
It's not like this is Stans's first team that kicked *** on the road. At some point, you have to give credit to the coach. But even if you were right and our road success this year was all because of our poorly coached players, you still have to give credit to the coach, because he's the one who recruited them to MSU.

</p>aGAIN, never said we were poorly coached. Ricky gets credit just like Crooms should. They both answered the bell in a year they really had to (Crooms more so than Ricky)..its a much happier time to be a Dog now.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
losing to these doorknob teams aint getting it. Neither will losing a bunch of SEC games early

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
he has given Croom credit before. Now, he also mentions the Pick 6s a lot, but he did give him credit for getting us to the Liberty Bowl this year. He just gave Stans credit. Dude gets ridiculous at times, but I wouldn't go as far to say he never gives our coaches credit, I'd say he rarely does so and mostly slings barbs at them.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
...but is it really giving somebody credit, while in the same breath continuing with the "Ricky" and "Crooms" ******** and also having something negative to say? It's like saying "I'm sorry, but you....". That's not really an apology. He can't say "Great job Coach Stansbury." And leave it at that. He can't do it. At the very least, there's going to be a "Ricky" thrown in there.

As far as football goes, I remember one post where he said "I was wrong about Coach Croom." The next day he started in about the pick sixes, and hasn't let up since.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
you are such a whiner. As far as Crooms:

"As far as football goes, I remember one post where he said "I was wrong about Coach Croom." The next day he started in about the pick sixes, and hasn't let up since."

Crooms has made us better. He got us in a bowl. But until the offense shows improvement, which is the side of the ball he coaches, the jury is still out on him. This coming season we have the best team we've had in awhile, cant wait to see what he does with it.